shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My E-Ring Dream Come True: Leon Mege and AVC

lepetitematin

Rough_Rock
Charmy,
I'm debating a similar setting to this, but without the split shank. I can't decide, though, whether to have pave on the basket/prongs. Did you know you wanted this from the beginning? Any pros/cons? I keep going back and forth on it...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
lepetitematin|1303513746|2902943 said:
Charmy,
I'm debating a similar setting to this, but without the split shank. I can't decide, though, whether to have pave on the basket/prongs. Did you know you wanted this from the beginning? Any pros/cons? I keep going back and forth on it...

For me, no question - I wanted pave everywhere! The more the merrier.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy, I keep coming back to drool over your gorgeous e-ring. I love the extra bling on it, too.

The lines of this design are exquisite, it is a real treat to drool over, I mean--look at.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Please post more pics! :appl:

missmai

Rough_Rock
hi charmypoo,

I was wondering if you could give me some information regarding the ring that you had made by maytal hannah. My fingers are also petite like yours and I wanted to know if you had a hard time designing your ring to fit your finger and also the how much did it cost you. A lot of designers have told me it would cost me more because my fingers are so little and such.. So I was just wondering if that was normal and also the price range I will be looking at to build a ring.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
missmai|1325894621|3096892 said:
hi charmypoo,

I was wondering if you could give me some information regarding the ring that you had made by maytal hannah. My fingers are also petite like yours and I wanted to know if you had a hard time designing your ring to fit your finger and also the how much did it cost you. A lot of designers have told me it would cost me more because my fingers are so little and such.. So I was just wondering if that was normal and also the price range I will be looking at to build a ring.

You can read more about my Maytal Hannah ring at [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-year-in-the-making-maytal-hannah-halo-erd-cushion.147719/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-year-in-the-making-maytal-hannah-halo-erd-cushion.147719/..[/URL].

Most of my rings have to be custom made as nothing stock comes in that size and often resizing it is too much. With that said, my ring size poses no issues for skilled benches. My price from Leon, Maytal and Steven were the same as they would charge for a more common size. You would think it is cheaper given there is less gold and diamonds but that isn't a case. However, I have never been told to pay more because of the smaller size.

I don't know how small your fingers are but if they are super small maybe you can fit Leon's Petite line and it will be super cheap. I think it is only a size 1 though ... pinky ring for me.

betty6333

Shiny_Rock
Seriously DROOLING over here. That is a GORGEOUS ring. You have EXCELLENT taste.
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

missmai

Rough_Rock
I believe my ring finger size is a 3 1/4. I read through your topic on your maytal ring.. I'm not sure if I had missed it but I never saw specs on the budget of the ring. I'm just trying to figure out how much a custom ring would cost. Do you live in California locally? I am from Texas so I wasnt sure if it would be easy to communicate with jewelers that are in a different location.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
missmai|1325915605|3097121 said:
I believe my ring finger size is a 3 1/4. I read through your topic on your maytal ring.. I'm not sure if I had missed it but I never saw specs on the budget of the ring. I'm just trying to figure out how much a custom ring would cost. Do you live in California locally? I am from Texas so I wasnt sure if it would be easy to communicate with jewelers that are in a different location.

I live in Canada but have used folks in the jewelry business from all over the US. If you are looking for a halo from a high end bench, you will be looking at around $3500 to $6000. The CAD/CAST pieces will be in the lower end. Handmade pieces will be on the higher end.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous and perfect!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Charmy this is a work of art!!! I love your AVC :love: :love:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I came back to check out my own ring :razz:

Lately, I have been debating on upgrading my actual e-ring to a larger OEC .. but I love this setting and it seems silly to make the same setting again. Yet, I am a bit sentimental and don't want to work on this ring to fit a larger OEC. Thinking thinking ... but I got lots of time as the diamond I want is next to impossible to find.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, your ring is just delicious!! So stunning. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

mzzdna

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love that diamond! You are so lucky to have such an amazing collection of stones (your new OEC is fabulous)! :love: If you ever decide you want to part with this AVC....I would be totally interested....(if I could afford it!). ;-)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
chiquitapet|1357421100|3348214 said:
Oh my goodness, your ring is just delicious!! So stunning. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks chiquitapet.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
mzzdna|1361939660|3391500 said:
I absolutely love that diamond! You are so lucky to have such an amazing collection of stones (your new OEC is fabulous)! :love: If you ever decide you want to part with this AVC....I would be totally interested....(if I could afford it!). ;-)

I sure will but that day may never come :razz: In my mind, this AVC is special and probably the most perfect one out there (thanks to Jon). I love the fact that it is a perfect square and that it is more shallow and faces up bigger.

jennified

Rough_Rock
Hi Charmy!!

Just wanted to drop by and tell you that your ring is basically everything I've ever wanted in an e-ring, and I have commissioned Leon to help me make one but with a RB instead of an AVC.

I was just wondering how thin (mm) your ring is throughout and if you find it is too delicate? I am always on the go and worried that damage will occur sooner then I hope. Also, if you could change one thing about your ring what would it be?

Thank you so much and I admit I ogle this page more then I should every day. :oops:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
jennified|1362165285|3393840 said:
Hi Charmy!!

Just wanted to drop by and tell you that your ring is basically everything I've ever wanted in an e-ring, and I have commissioned Leon to help me make one but with a RB instead of an AVC.

I was just wondering how thin (mm) your ring is throughout and if you find it is too delicate? I am always on the go and worried that damage will occur sooner then I hope. Also, if you could change one thing about your ring what would it be?

Thank you so much and I admit I ogle this page more then I should every day. :oops:

I can't wait to see your ring. I have been debating to put my new OEC in the same setting but maybe I will change things up.

The split is about 1 mm going into 1.5 mm (the joint is a bit wider). Is it delicate? it is very delicate but my fingres are tiny so it works well. Depending on your finger size, you may want to consider going wider. Also, I always wear this ring with my wedding band making the overall look wider. I have always planned for the overall look for this set rather than the indvidual ring.

jennified

Rough_Rock
CharmyPoo|1362167679|3393891 said:
jennified|1362165285|3393840 said:
Hi Charmy!!

I can't wait to see your ring. I have been debating to put my new OEC in the same setting but maybe I will change things up.

The split is about 1 mm going into 1.5 mm (the joint is a bit wider). Is it delicate? it is very delicate but my fingres are tiny so it works well. Depending on your finger size, you may want to consider going wider. Also, I always wear this ring with my wedding band making the overall look wider. I have always planned for the overall look for this set rather than the indvidual ring.

Your OEC is GORGEOUS, I am jealous of all your baubles!

My finger size is 4.75, not quite as tiny as your hands but still quite petite. I am under the impression anything under 2 mm might have durability issues? I love the look of yours though!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on your life style but I had no durability issues with any of my rings. I am gentle and careful with my rings. Leon commented my rings looked brand new still after 1.5 years.

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Hi Charmy, are you able to see the split head-on? Or just the single row of pave after the split?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I can see the split but it is very small.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
i love your ring! I've been searching for an inspiration for a split setting with someone with tiny fingers and I found you!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Gorgeous ring!!!!

divya

Rough_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! sorry to revive this thread but I wanted a similar setting and my center stone is about the same carat weight so I wanted to ask you how many stones total are in this setting and what is the total carat weight of the setting itself? Thank you!

divya

Rough_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! sorry to revive this thread but I wanted a similar setting and my center stone is about the same carat weight so I wanted to ask you how many stones total are in this setting and what is the total carat weight of the setting itself? Thank you!

ella22

Rough_Rock
Wow! Your ring is stunning. This is essentially exactly what I'm looking for minus the split shank...and likely with a smaller center stone. My fingers are super tiny too so it's nice to see the ring on your hand. I would love for my boyfriend to look into designing a ring personally, but he is more of the fast and easy type so we have some work to do here!

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It's perfection! It's absolutely stunning! :love: makes me want an AVC now.... :naughty:
Congratulations!!

Ksnodgrass

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the inspiration. My fiancé used your gorgeous ring as inspiration for designing mine and I am in love!

_23339.jpg

_23340.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the late reply! Congrats and glad my ring was an inspiration.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results