shape
carat
color
clarity

My DREAM Solitaire from CVB/LAD!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As many of you know, I decided to change from my blinged out halo to a solitaire setting shortly after having our first baby. I've always had a soft spot for 6 prong solitaires like the Tiffany, WF, and the Vatche U-113. Although I loved my halo (and still do), it just wasn't conducive to "mommy life", and I found myself yearning for the effortlessly chic look and wearability a sleek soli would provide. I have always lusted over all the PS soli-stars' rings -- DS, Bliss, and m-2-b, just to name a few...

Sooooo, I traded in my original 2.43 ct (8.7 mm) J/SI1 for a 3.33 ct (9.8 mm) I/SI2. ...ya know -- to compensate for the finger coverage I was giving up by losing the halo. :halo: ;)) Once I found "the one", I had Diamonds Direct set it in a generic 6 prong in WG.

Notice how high it set up, and those Franken-prongs -- YUCK!! :knockout:
bored_in_the_pharmacy.jpg
imageuploadedbytapatalk1458785369.jpg

Seems like I remedied the finger coverage issue nicely -- HA! 8)
halo_to_soli_-_finger_coverage_comparison.jpg

I've always wanted a CVB piece, but I thought that it would be an eternity or some other band. Then, when I decided to change from a halo to a solitaire, I was strongly encouraged by artdecolover71 and Niel to consider CVB. She had made several things for them, and they were so happy with the workmanship, as well as the customer service Caysie provided. Honestly, I thought she would be well over my budget... but I was pleasantly surprised by how reasonable her quote was, so I decided to proceed!! I was finally going to have my CVB piece!!! Yaaaayyyy!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

First, let me start by telling you all what a pleasure it was to work with Caysie Van Bebber. She is truly a gifted artist and such a sweetheart! She was great about communicating with me, and she answered my many, many questions in a very timely and caring manner. She was so patient with me when my OCD tendencies took over, and I sent what seems like a million messages to her over the course of about 2 weeks. She always wrote back to answer my questions, calming my "ring anxieties" -- first world problem, I know... :rolleyes: :lol: :halo:

But seriously, she totally got what I was looking for in a setting. I sent several pics for reference and described my ideal solitaire.

WISH LIST:
- knife edge, gradually softening down the shank
- petite tab prongs reminiscent of vintage Tiffany and CVB "Acacia", polished and "snag-proof"
- a very "swoopy" basket that cupped my diamond, sitting a bit lower than the U-113 and WF versions
- donut at the base of the head -- I wanted a gap between the ering and band
- dainty and feminine with fluid lines, yet sturdy
- platinum... no more rhodium plating for me -- FINALLY!!!
:dance:

In no time at all, Caysie sent me the CADs --- and they were SPOT. ON. --- PERFECT!!! :love: :love:

cvb_soli_cad_grid_combo.jpgcvb_soli_cad_4.jpgcvb_soli_cad_3.jpgcvb_soli_cad_2.jpgcvb_soli_cad_1.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...my hands were literally shaking when I opened the ring box!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It's sleek... It's adorable... It's DEAD SEXY!!! :love: :love: :love:

So, without further ado, I am sooooo excited to present...

My PERFECT CVB SOLITAIRE!!!

cvb_soli_glamour_tiffany_blue_dots.jpgcvb_soli_glamour_pink_box_2.jpgcvb_soli_glamour_pink_box_1.jpgcvb_soli_blue_capsules_2.jpgcvb_soli_blue_capsules_6.jpgcvb_soli_blue_capsules_7.jpgcvb_soli_blue_capsules_5.jpgcvb_soli_hand_1.jpg

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!! Huge improvement on the previous setting. Congratulations!

(the pill pics are hilarious)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Big? Sure. Beautiful? Absolutely. Perfect? Definately. Solitaire at it's best. That look is hard to beat. Enjoy!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fulvia|1466795645|4047675 said:
GORGEOUS!!!!! Huge improvement on the previous setting. Congratulations!

(the pill pics are hilarious)

Thanks, Fulvia! [emoji8]

[emoji183]+[emoji381]=[emoji7] [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1466795775|4047677 said:
It's PERFECT :love: :appl: I love how it seems so perfectly balanced, and the diamond is gorgeous too!

Thanks so much, bright ice!! [emoji8][emoji8] I am over the moon for this ring! [emoji7]

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10 said:
Big? Sure. Beautiful? Absolutely. Perfect? Definately. Solitaire at it's best. That look is hard to beat. Enjoy!!!

Thank you, Confection!! It truly is a solitaire at its best!! [emoji57][emoji8][emoji8][emoji1374]

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot to post specs... 8)

GIA XXX
3.33 ct I/SI2 (white feather)
9.8 mm
Faint Fluorescence
Size 4.75
Platinum 90% - Iridium 10%

diamond_specs.jpghca_results.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely upgrade! Your baby is precious!!!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
msop04|1466797464|4047704 said:
and another... because she's just so adorable, and I can't help myself!! [emoji175][emoji1405][emoji166][emoji183]

cvb_soli_on_blaire_collage.jpg

What an ADORABLE shot! Your ring is breathtakingly beautiful, but still doesn't hold a candle to your sweet little sunshine!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tracylt said:
msop04|1466797464|4047704 said:
and another... because she's just so adorable, and I can't help myself!! [emoji175][emoji1405][emoji166][emoji183]

cvb_soli_on_blaire_collage.jpg

What an ADORABLE shot! Your ring is breathtakingly beautiful, but still doesn't hold a candle to your sweet little sunshine!

I'll have to agree with that, tracylt! Thank you!! [emoji8]

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and so is your little one!!

I love the swoop of the prongs - so much better than straight up and down IMO. It is a beautiful rendition of a timeless classic - enjoy your beautiful new ring!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks said:
Your ring is beautiful and so is your little one!!

I love the swoop of the prongs - so much better than straight up and down IMO. It is a beautiful rendition of a timeless classic - enjoy your beautiful new ring!

Thank you, MGR!! [emoji8] Caysie really nailed it! [emoji183][emoji175][emoji322]

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness it's just perfection! So sleek, but still feminine and elegant. Love the "classic meets modern and sleek" look that CVB/LAD often get. And your little one is adorable! So happy for you that you found the ring to fit with your new lifestyle, and that you got to work with such a kind vendor!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs said:
oh my goodness it's just perfection! So sleek, but still feminine and elegant. Love the "classic meets modern and sleek" look that CVB/LAD often get. And your little one is adorable! So happy for you that you found the ring to fit with your new lifestyle, and that you got to work with such a kind vendor!

Yes, Caysie and Erica were wonderful to work with -- just perfect! Thank you!! [emoji8]

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add that Erica (of LAD) was also wonderful! She and Caysie are a great team!!

I highly recommend CVB/LAD! [emoji817][emoji322][emoji1360]

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beautiful rendition of the classic Tiffany 6 prong solitaire! :appl: It looks gorgeous both you and your daughter! :sun: BTW, love the Tiffany blue color of the capsules in the background, too!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b said:
Another beautiful rendition of the classic Tiffany 6 prong solitaire! :appl: It looks gorgeous both you and your daughter! :sun: BTW, love the Tiffany blue color of the capsules in the background, too!

Thank you, m-2-b!! ...those capsules are my favorite color! [emoji12][emoji381][emoji381]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results