carat
color
clarity

my CVB chartreuse chrysoberyl with chevrons! +1

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wordy below, feel free to skip!!

The stone: as many CS-PSers might remember, last fall I was helping a family member pic an engagement ring. We had contacted Peter Toracca to find a a budget friendly stone in the color she liked: green, yellow, or red. He had one stone in his possession. It was a basic emerald cut he had purchased in Tucson. When i told him he was interested he tried to dig it up. After a few days he came back to me and said he couldn't find it! :blackeye: and he went about trying to find us another stone that might fit the bill. After he had finished cutting a reddish spinel, BOOM the stone fell out of a book or something. Anyways, i HAD to have him recut it. It was going to be a lovely color and a great emerald cut shape.

he cut it, it was amazing. We bought it and commenced it buying a setting. The setting was JUST what my BIL's girlfriend wanted. vintage, sparkly, unique. There was no way that wasn't going to be her setting. When it came in it was lovely but it DID NOT fit the stone!! ;( ;( ;( Now we couldn't afford to get another setting, an we didn't want to get another one, because she loved it. I had to heart bracingly send it back. she had never seen it so she didn't know what she was missing, but i had seen that stone and i was so sad it was leaving the family.

After I returned it, PT had sent it right off to be consigned though a B&M store. I instantly had "sellers remorse" but it was gone. Too bad for me. I couldn't get it off my mind I needed an apple green emerald cut! I contacted all sort of cutters to try and find one, but nobody had any of the rough i wanted. For months i casually searched until one day I visited PTs page and BOOM there it was! :love: :love: :love:
needless to say i had to snatch it right up!!

The designer: So I've recently made a nice connection with CvB inspired designs. I connected her when i was helping a friend find an engagement ring. He ended up going a different route, but dealing with her was so delightful that I just had to do something with her. She is the absolute best to work with, easy to talk to, easy to discuss design with, and she's a perfectionist. They had an issue with the prongs and some engraving i had done on the inside of the shank, and she made sure it was absolutely perfect before it went out.

The specs: about a 5x7 chrysoberyl in 18k yellow and 14k white gold in and .25 cts of diamonds on a size (loose) 7.25

The +1 is the marquise band you notice in some of the pics. a bit of an impulse but from CvB as well. so delicate. Thats one thing ill say about CvB. Her pictures are gorgeous, but they don't come close to showing how delicate the jewelry is!

Down to the pics!!! It was stormy all day today, so the color doesn't POP like normal, but i was just too excited not to share.

imag0403_1.jpg

imag0386_1_1.jpg

imag0372_1_1.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the whole set! :love:

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh my that is just stunningly beautiful. I love the yellow gold basket and gorgeous tab prongs.

I'm looking for a vendor to set a large blue topaz. How did you find her pricing?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amzing ring and set! The color of the Chryso is such a good match with the warm gold. And the geometric lines of the shank are so beautiful and detailed with the cutouts. It's a dream ring. I saw the beautiful photo's on CvB's FB a while ago and it looks amazing. And it's even more stunning on your hand. Enjoy wearing your ring and set!!! :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :appl: :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel what a beautiful pair of rings! I love the color of the chryso! Her designs and execution are outstanding and thank you so much for sharing your new pretties with us. :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Love the delicate, detailed design. The +1 is beautiful too!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW !!!! I LOVE it !!!!

What a gorgeous refreshing color !!!
I agree, that EC CB really POPS with the gold!!!!
You must just adore this ring, I bet your eyes lit up like 2 stars when you saw it !!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is magnificent, seriously magnificent!!!! Glad you got it back again - it was meant to be!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
SO gorgeous Niel. :love: They both look perfect on your hand! :appl: I love the two tone, compliments the stone so perfectly. And the ultrafineness of C's bench's work is on par with none, the millgrain work is sublime. I hope we get to see some more hand shots. ;))

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! The stone is killer & the setting looks beautifully made. Very nice combination, love the band too :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings! I am glad to hear a good review about CVB. I have been looking at the marquise eternity on Etsy and am pleased to find that it looks stunning IRL!

:twirl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your kind words. The back of my phone is grey and it makes it impossible to get a head on shot for accurate color. But I've taken a few more. Help show brightness, steps and fire. I love the fire. Its green bit just sometimes you get some orange in there

uploadfromtaptalk1401825965609.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401825976807.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401825989916.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401826015596.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I absolutely love your new rings!!! :love: :love: :love: Both are just gorgeous! Caysie is really talented and so is her bench! I think I need one of those bands!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love it! :love: That stone is perfection in that setting. What a beautiful set. Congrats...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous!! Band and ring work so well together. Such a beautiful delicate setting. :appl:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW!!1 That is just amazing gorgeous! Unique, vintage, delicate... just everything AMAZING!!!! Yes... I have been eyeing similar marquise bands lately... gonna keep that on my wish list too!!! Gonna check out CvB!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results