shape
carat
color
clarity

My Brian Gavin custom 5 stone ering :)

Julia_SD

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers! As many of you may remember I spent the spring planning/designing/and waiting on my engagement ring. Well, she's here, and I LOVE her. She is PERFECT for me. Thank you SO much to everyone for all your support and advice. There is no way I would ever have found something this awesome without all the help from PriceScopers!!!!

The specs:
5 Brian Gavin Signature Hearts and Arrows H-I VS1-2, each around .25 carats for a TCW of around 1.25
18k yellow gold
Finger size 4.5

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Its the perfect finger coverage for me (stretches across with very little metal visible) but has a smooth shoulder of metal for my other fingers to rest on. The setting is similar to a Memoire style 5 stone, with the stones set very low to the finger, in a shared prong style. The underside of the ring is wider which acts like a counterweight and keeps the ring from spinning. :) The funny thing is that the ring looks tiny when you hold it in your hand, but looks so substantial when its on my finger. Bravo BGD!!!

The only small issue is that the it seems to fit smaller than other size 4.5 rings I've tried, so it doesn't currently fit my right hand ring finger as planned...so I'll have to have it sized.

photo__23_0.jpg

photo__24_0.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it came out great :appl: :appl: , so pretty. It fits a little snug because the back is so wide, just bump up the size a bit and you are good to go. Wear it in good health and don't get too distracted with all that sparkle.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad this style worked out for you - the ring is beautiful!

It's going to put on quite the light show when you're playing the violin too! :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so lovely! :love: It looks beautiful on your hand! A real classic beauty! Wear in health and happiness! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such understated glamour. I always think these type of e ring doesn't say "look at me!" As much as it says "oh you've noticed how classically lovely I am" :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! About the sizing- is the band on it wider than your other rings? If so, it will fit a little tighter. Or maybe it's not quite sized to a 4.5

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I love the wider band. It looks perfect on you, wear it in the best of health and happiness.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It turned out so well!!! Beautiful and so classy. Are you going to get a plain wedding band or maybe a thin eternity? How about an engraved band?!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's stunning! Well done!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classically stunning!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I would totally choose this type of ring for an engagement ring too. Gorgeous!!!

Julia_SD

Rough_Rock
Aww thanks guys for all the sweet comments. :)

I don't know what kind of band I want... Pandabee an engraved band is a very interesting idea!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks absolutely PERFECT on your finger! Congratulations on beautiful engagement ring!!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done! Great design and gorgeous on your hand. More pics are needed! :wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWESOME ring, Julia!! That is a beauty!! Very classic - I doubt you'll grow tired of that and want a reset. (you may want a BIG HONKIN' eternity to go with it tho... just sayin'!! )

and indeed it does look VERY large on your teeny tiny 4.5 finger!! Fantastic finger coverage!

mjg

Rough_Rock
I love it! :love:

Do you have any profile shots? We have been planning something almost identical for my engagement ring but I'm worried about comfort and the profile.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about a micro pave band for your wedding band? just enough to add that extra sparkle power, but small enough to not distract from your gorgeous 5 stone.

I think that's what I'd go for --- if i was not going to wear it with a plain band ... or a CARTIER SKINNY TRINITY RING!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Julia that is gorgeous!!! So classic. I think you made the perfect choice for your lifestyle. You'll be blinding your fellow musicians with the sparkle shooting off that ring :love: :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You made a great choice! It has the perfect size stones for you! :love: :love: :love: The tightness is because the back of the band is so wide. I am sure BG will be glad to size it for you! Just beautiful!!!

Julia_SD

Rough_Rock
mjg|1368737411|3448468 said:
I love it! :love:

Do you have any profile shots? We have been planning something almost identical for my engagement ring but I'm worried about comfort and the profile.

MJG - it is SUPER comfortable. And yes, I do have more photos I just have to find them on my computer! This ring feels more like a comfort fit band than a ring with stones. I had to work patiently stick with BGD through several rounds of CADs (I ended up with the outermost stones being bead set so the connection is super smooth) but I ended up with a ring that stays put, feels almost like I'm wearing nothing. I'd be happy to message with you about details etc. I couldn't be happier.

I need to try it on with some bands...Part of me wants more diamonds, but part of me wants to have a classic matching band with my husband. Maybe I need both? ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results