shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful lady Miss Daisy Kay! Courtesy of Lauren B & ERD

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Good evening fellow PriceScopers!!! Get ready for a rather lengthy post...here is the story of how I met my lovely lady.

It all started a few years ago when I happened upon a nice preloved Tacori set with an 1.13 G SI1 AVC. My darling boyfriend (at the time) held onto it for quite a while, until we finally graduated from professional school last May, then held onto it for a while longer, until Christmas Eve a few months after we graduated. Although it had been a while since I had seen my precious Giselle (as I named her), I realized that I dreamed of a larger stone, and despite the beautiful work on the Tacori setting and the delicate halo bloom, found I really did not want a halo and preferred the look of a single stone on a pavé band. Luckily FI has always been very understanding of my bling tendencies and actually one of the first thing he asks after he proposes was if the ring was big enough :loopy:

I would have loved another AVC but sadly there were none with specs that I wanted. I reached out to several other vendors (OWD, JbEG) and kept an eye on the ERD inventory but still nothing. I did send for a lovely 2.62 O/P from OWD but it did turn out to be too tinted for me (uncerted, and I think was quite a few shades lower than O/P) and too included. So back it went. Adam was very pleasant to deal with of course.

Grace had a few stones in inventory that may have been contenders, but were slightly above budget and were already set so I would have felt bad about taking them out of those beautiful rings. Also, because I had already had my eye on Daisy...

I had seen pictures and videos from Lauren B on Instagram while perusing through the #engaged and #engagementring photos. It's an addiction haha. Their photos are mostly under spot lighting so it makes it hard to see anything other than sparkly, but I emailed Aric (the owner) with an inquiry on a stone that I had seen a video on. He responded very quickly. The stone I was asking about was actually smaller than I preferred, but he found another one within the day once he had more details on my specs and budget. He sent me a video of it through direct messages on my Instagram account under spotlight, and another video under normal lighting. (If you don't have Instagram, he was able to email me the video directly as well.)

A little more about Lauren B since I haven't seen many other experiences posted here: they offer full refund within a 7 day inspection period (not sure on return shipping though as I did not have to deal with that ;)) ). Discount is offered for payment via check or wire transfer. They do have an upgrade policy that applies full cost of original stone toward the upgrade with no minimum spend on the trade-in. Currently they do not have an established buy-back policy but it can definitely be negotiated :)) As far as stone selection, I did not really go with anything since cushions are best judged by how they perform so I was confident enough from the video and seeing it in real life with a return policy that I would be able to determine if it was the best stone for me or not. They don't have standard light performance evaluation tools but can certainly access those tools on stones if desired.

As far as settings, they do carry stock settings as can be seen on their website. They do have a custom bench that I am told does hand-forged but as I did not have my setting made from them I cannot speak to the details or quality.

Okay!!! Now for some pictures...here are some screenshots from their Instagram video and ones that I took with it loose.
_17716.jpg
_17717.jpg
_17717_0.jpg
_17718.jpg
_17716_0.jpg

Video of it loose: http://instagram.com/p/mxnXFrM14a/

Specs: GIA 2.5ct K VS1, 8.08 x 7.69 x 5.43mm

ETA: more info on Lauren B and diamond specs

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Re: My beautiful lady Miss Daisy Kay! Courtesy of Lauren K &

Now onto the setting...I had worked with ERD before for my Water Lily ring, and of course I had seen their successful work on Tacori-inspired rings with other PSers here. I trusted Chris to take good care of me and he certainly was extremely patient with me and my incessant emails and phone calls for updates :halo:

CADs round 1:
_17716_1.jpg
_17717_1.jpg
_17718_1.jpg

Round 2: Added milgrain and pavé onto the CAD and thinned out the band and the bar on the basket
_17716_2.jpg
_17717_2.jpg
_17718_2.jpg

Then came the resin model:
_17716_3.jpg
_17717_3.jpg
_17718_3.jpg

And then the metal cast!
_17716_4.jpg
_17717_4.jpg
_17718_4.jpg
_17716_5.jpg
_17717_5.jpg

The metal cast was completed by the end of April, but then with the Easter holiday and passover plus the engraver being out sick for a while, the projects that ERD had sent out were a bit backlogged. I was tired of waiting and was also hoping to have my ring back for a social function so I decided to go ahead and have the ring sent out to me as is. We were also having a bit of trouble with figuring out what to do with my secret stone (I wanted to stray a bit from the traditional diamond) but came up with difficulty finding a stone small enough. So that was left blank as well for now. Pictures of the finished product next...

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Okay!!! Here we go!!! I was definitely excited the moment I opened the box :bigsmile:

With my lovely French eternity that I plan on using as my wedding band:
img_4594.jpg

Sideways unfortunately and a tiny stray hair, but really shows the itty bitty tiny milgrain on the basket!!
_18114.jpg

Again sideways for some reason, but this is what I will be seeing 40 hours of the week...sparkles even in awful overhead fluorescent lighting!
_18115.jpg

Side by side comparison next to Giselle (I tried to make my fingers as close to the same size to get an accurate size comparison):
_18116.jpg

And the only artsy shots I was able to get so far ;))
_18117.jpg
_18118.jpg

MCAUDI

Rough_Rock

Very pretty!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your new cushion! It is now the star of the show in your new setting! :appl: Can we see some more profile shots w/ the band please?! Thx!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Thanks MCAUDI!

mom2boys I drool over your 5ct AVC so I'm glad you like my cushion! I will work on getting that profile shot for you.

Forgot to add, band is 2.2mm tapered to 1.8mm, ring is size 6 and platinum. ::)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love:

Can you share your story re: negotiating upgrade, return, buy-back policies? I've seen a few people here and on FB mention they won't work with x, y, z vendors bc of lack of policies (published or not), when all it takes is negotiating. I think it'd be useful and nice info to share.

I know I've spoken to a few PSers about JBG "not offering" a policy, when I know I spoke with Grace about those things, and got offered exactly what I was searching for. As prosumers, I think we need to not be afraid to ask for negotiations, and not cut ourselves short from a possible great transaction. It sounds like you had an amazing amazing experience with Lauren K, and I know how hard (rather, IMPOSSIBLE) it is to find an amazing antique cushion, esp if you're picky for pattern, or any of the Cs. Congratulations of finding Daisy.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous! Daisy is a beautiful diamond, and I never thought to use Instagram for a ring search - thanks for that tip. I love the profile view; the design is wonderfully done Tacori-style. Enjoy!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Sure madelise! It was really pretty simple...all I had to do was ask! I gave some examples of similar buyback policies from other vendors and Lauren B was so confident in how amazing this diamond was that they were happy to work something out with me. Like I mentioned, the upgrade and return policies were already standard for them. I *do* want to also point out since I failed to mention earlier that I found their pricing extremely competitive compared to similar sized stones across the different vendors I searched through in the past several months.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

DorotheaBrooke said:
Gorgeous! Daisy is a beautiful diamond, and I never thought to use Instagram for a ring search - thanks for that tip. I love the profile view; the design is wonderfully done Tacori-style. Enjoy!!

Thanks DB! It is funny how much can be accomplished through social media nowadays! Hopefully once I have the engraving finished up and the secret stone set I can make it my own twist on the Tacori style :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats it's a beautiful stone and a great looking ring!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: :appl:
Congrats!!! She is stunning!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! :love: One of the best old antique cushions I have seen! :appl: The setting is looking great, too! Can't wait to see it after the engraving is added!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's lovely even without the engraving! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your stone is amazing! A beautiful and bright star :love: And that setting!!! I love that it is very 'now' but with a vintage vibe. I love all the tiny details. It must be amazing to admire all these details while wearing your ring! Enjoy your piece of art. ERD did a great job.

And thanks for sharing your experience with Lauren B: the stone is simply stunning.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Such a beautiful ring! Love it with the band too!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my!! Your ring is stunning!!! So well thought out and the band with it is perfection! :love:
Congratulations!!!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Thanks arkieb1, AprilBaby, Fancygems, thecat, SB621, and Rubies!

DS thanks for your kind words...you are an old cut connoisseur so I am happy that you approve as well of Daisy :)

Acinom they did a great job on the details, huh?? I hope that Lauren B can come through for future posters, they were so easy and quick to work with.

alene, thanks for your kind words! I have to admit I was a bit nervous the band wouldn't work as I actually bought the band already and was in love with it lol. I like the slight mismatch in width but IMO it's not too much a difference to be distracting.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just beautiful!!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock

I loooove that cushion! Gorgeous.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Niel, MissBliss, and lisa!!

mom2boys here is a profile shot with my band. The French band comes up to just the right height but I am still debating wearing a spacer because the French tops hit right at the basket.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1400106158.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pandabee, Daisy is beautiful, and her setting is perfect for her. Congratulations!! It's truly a lovely ring. And, it looks fabulous with that French cut band too. Perfection at all levels. :)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness pandabee this is a glorious ring and I am so happy for you! I have been waiting to see your thread. What a beautiful stone and such a lovely cut! I love your setting with its vintage vibe and it goes well with your french cut band. Please lots more pics outside when you have a sunny day. :love:

PS this is making me soooo excited to get my ACC in her Bella setting.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Your diamond is outstanding :love: Very happy for you that you found such a beautiful stone! Great setting choice, ERD does some impressive work, looks perfect with your band!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful set!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pandabee, your stone and setting are gorgeous! :love:
Please post more pics. Love it. :appl:
Wear in health and happiness!

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock

Love the stone, the setting (the milgrain!), everything! And she's even beautiful in the dreaded office lighting! :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

yeah I read every word and glad I did because the final outcome is spectacular wear her in good health ....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results