shape
carat
color
clarity

My Baby Has Arrived: Pics and Details Long

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hey everybody, just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your invaluable advice. I read a lot and discovered that most of you tend to think that cut is the most important C. After having a so so cut diamond (.65 marquise with poor symmetry), I too wanted to maximize the cut.I was at first looking for a marquise that I had seen on a web site. It had been sold. Hunting it down, I found this forum and a few others. I first found USA Certed Diamonds when I was tracking the ever so elusive marquise. This led me into the delicious SuperbCert diamond. (I was in trouble and just didn''t know it)
naughty.gif
I first talked to Martin about finding me a marquise in the size and color I wanted. He said that he would be glad to look for me. Then the very next day I called him back and said nevermind I want to go a different way. Most people would have died at that point, but he was very calm. I then said that I had fallen in love with the SC and had seen two that I was debating over. One was a .61 E VS1 and the other was a .76 I VS1. The B-scopes were very comparable (read screamers). He said that both were available and looked to be real beauties. There was only $100 difference between the two. So I went for the bigger one (I know, big surprise)
9.gif
I asked that he send it to D. Atlas to be checked over, and he asked if I knew what setting I was interested in. I said no, and he recommended letting my appraiser help me with that. Enter Chris. The greatest guy in the world besides my DH. (He''s a Cowboys fan don''t you know). He opened my package with me on the phone and walked me through the process. He was a trip! We laughed and laughed. I asked him if he would help me with the setting, and he said that he would be very happy to help me out. I told him that I was interested in a setting very similar to the RC, and did he know anyone who could make me one similar with very good quality. That answer was yes. On to the specs.

.764 ct. I color
VS1 clarity
5.97-5.93 x 3.61
T. Depth 60.7%
Table 55.7%
Crown Angle 34.1
Crown Height 14.8%
Pav. Angle 40.8
Pav. Depth 43.0%
Culet .2% (none)
Girdle 1.2% (.9-1.5) Slightly thin to medium
These numbers come from the megascope report that accompanied the diamond and they make for .9 on the HCA. The numbers from the AGA make it a 1a cut with a 1.0 on the HCA. Neither of which I checked until after I had purchased the diamond. I just knew in my gut from all the online reports that it was going to be a screamer. Again thanks for all of your expertise and help. Pics to follow. Hope you like them. They really don''t do it justice.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yay pics.
appl.gif

bv1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
another

bv2.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I took a few.
9.gif

fiery ring.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
shows setting

flat ring.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
One on my hand to show size in relation to hand. My finger is a 4 3/4 BTW.

hand shot.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
No yellow in that I. Oops forgot to add it has medium blue flourescence.

wb1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
different angle

wb2.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Last one. Thanks for your patience.

Shay

wb3.jpg

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
How pretty! Congratulations!! I'm glad you had such a great experience with the people you worked with!
appl.gif

Colleen

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am so lame. Forgot the pol. and sym. both are excellent per the GIA cert. It is a h&a Superbcert set in an 18k yellow shank with a plat. head. The setting is handmade rather than cast and is similar to the Royal Crown. (Royal Crown-a-like). I am continuing to practice with digital camera and will post better pics if I am able to get them.
confused.gif

Shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Colleen. Yes, everyone was great! I just was not worried about a "sight unseen" purchase at all. The info on the site really helped me to make an informed decision. I had decided that I could study cut numbers for marquise shapes for years and only wind up being more confused than I was already.
sad.gif

Shay

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond is gorgeous and the setting is simple and beautiful.

I wish you a lot of pleasure with your beautiful ring!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yummy :}

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he! That looked like an intriguingly high version of the "Royal crown"
1.gif

Glad to see some yellow gold around here and in such charming incorporation. Yay !
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Gray, rainy day in the Northeast. Can't post sunny pics if I can't see the sun. Oh, well.
sick.gif

outside white.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Val, this is to show the height of the setting on my hand. I actually prefer a higher set ring, so this was perfect for me. I believe I told Chris that I really wanted a higher set on the diamond than the actual RC, and his guy did the job very well IMO. Thanks guys.

Shay

side 1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Stephan, I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new baby! Thanks Strmrdr and CGN.

Shay

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratz on a beautiful diamond and special setting! Really love that fiery photo that you managed to snap.
love.gif

Really reminds me of what mine could have turned out like if I hadn't discovered the Regent. We even have the same ring size
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Shay, it's a beautiful diamond and the setting is great! It sure does look like the Royal Crown to me. I'm glad they were able to make it for you and to set the diamond a little higher like you wanted.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Great ring! I had yet to see a royal crown in yellow gold - it looks great! Congrats and enjoy!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe, I have seen your regent and it is gorgeous! Lol on the finger size. I was surprised that as high as the setting is, that it doesn't spin on my finger. This was an absolute necessity. I believe that it is tapered though to help that. 3.5mm at the bottom tapering to 2.5mm at the top of the shank.

Patty and CFF thank you so much for your kind words. I had a limited budget ($3500) and was thrilled to come in at $3450 including setting, appraisal, and shipping from the appraiser; and, of course, the diamond. I think it was not only worth the money, it was a steal!
22.gif
Don't usually talk about money, but I think it might be helpful to newcomers to this forum
to see what is possible (value and quality) and reasonable at the same time.

Yay for getting your money's worth.
appl.gif

Shay

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Shay, fortunately or unfortunately, I discovered that my ring size dropped to approx 4 1/4 after I ordered the setting. I called GOG once I found out and Marie kindly said that she'd include a ring guard for me. It's fantastic and without it, the ring currently spins like crazy on both the ring fingers of my hands. The setting is rather high and the bottom part of the shank is actually smaller than the part near the head. I too was on a tight budget and luckily the 'low' colour grade helped me get the size I wanted!
5.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe, do you think we can keep the incredible value of these "lower" colors with fl. a secret?
9.gif

Sigh, probably not. teehee. I'm a court reporter and when I write on my machine, if my ring spins at all, it drives me crazy. I don't want to not wear it, so I had to make sure that it wasn't going to be susceptible to spinning.

I just lost some weight in my fingers prior to the purchase of my ring. I had gained some extra weight with the pregnancy and birth of my two sons. One is two and the other is four. Just now got the rest of my baby fat gone. I certainly had incentive. My hairdresser made the comment that after a year it's still baby fat. After 5 years, it's all yours.
angryfire.gif
As I was at the two year after mark, I decided to get motivated to do something about it. LOL

Wear your ring in good health and always happy times.

Shay

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Shay, most of us who have found PS and hung around long enough, found out about the 'secret' from here anyway..
2.gif
I recently lost weight cos of my job and stress, which is why I've dropped 2 ring sizes. I really love reading your story of your weight gain from having kids, the motivation to lose weight and will certainly remember that when I have my own
naughty.gif

And you wear your ring in good health and always happy times too!
5.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, very beautiful!! It is a pleasure to see a few yellow gold rings. My setting is not a Vatche either, but it's sort-of a cross between the x-prong and the Royal Crown. We managed to do the ring for about $3500, too, by going with a J color. It's a full carat and eye-clean I1. The numbers give it a score of 2.7 on the HCA. I really shopped and compared and my boyfriend was amazed.
Amazed, impressed with the appearance of the stone and very, very pleased with the price.
He's been super busy at work & had done only some limited shopping and he was assuming it would cost a couple thousand dollars more.
It's worth the research, isn't it??!!
Congratulations!
Enjoy!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
dbgaap, this forum just rocks for info. Congrats on your great find. I think it is definitely worth the time researching. Anyone who has been "mauled" the first time will, I'm sure, concur. LOL

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results