color
clarity

#JOTW my 5.318ct H VS2 ideal-cut diamond

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yimmers|1350342796|3285971 said:
Oh, hai!

I gotta put my shades on first, I can't post with this beautiful bling blinding me!
8-)

This is one of the top five rings in my book. The simplicity of the setting is perfect for this diamond! There's no doubt about what's the star in that ring!

Enjoy in good health!

You are too kind! Wow, what an honour! :bigsmile: :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankiextah|1350344317|3286004 said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! :love: :love: :love:

i am OBSESSED with the profile view !!!!! and how huge but delicate it looks on your finger ..... gaaaaah !

and the diamond is so gorgeous and SO WHITE !

and i love your mani color too hehe :cheeky:

do you know how wide the ring shank is ? you're making me climb walls as i wait for my completed ring from VC ! i will just have to visit this thread repeatedly until i receive my ring ! ::)

Wow! What amazing compliments, coming from you, as you have excellent taste!

I think the shank should 1.8mm (I asked for 1.7-1.8mm), though I haven't been to my local jeweller's to have it measured yet.

Your new VC ring is absolutely TDF!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I am scooting over there now to admire it some more! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1350346684|3286031 said:
Phoenix, that is GORGEOUS! The prongs are so delicate that I can hardly see it - and it is so stunning! Bet you had a hard time trying not to stare at it when you wore it to work - did you get a lot of people admiring your bling? :naughty:

Btw, love your mani! I have the hardest time trying to find a neutral tone - most neutrals either look washed out or unnatural on me :(

Hi Alexis! :wavey:

Thank you sooooo much! :)) :))

The prongs are super teeny tiny! so gorgeous!! :love: :love:

I am always staring at my new ring, lol. I've had ppl really staring at the ring, look up at me, and then look down at the ring again, ha ha... :lol:

Thank you. I forget the name of the colour. It's actually Gelish. I've now had it removed as the Gelish was making my nails so dry and brittle! :nono:

How are you going on yr search for the new stone? Enquring minds want to know! :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1350347552|3286044 said:
Congrats again to you, Phoenix! So happy you have found your forever ring! Now we need to know what wedding band you will be pairing w/ it!

Thank you, mom2boys! :)) :)) You have excellent taste too! What's new with you on yr diamond adventures? Are you still looking for a new pair of studs?

I am soooo happy to have found her. I've been stalking the websites and it looks like diamond prices may have gone up (am not sure?). I think Holly came to me at the *perfect* time!

I may not be wearing any wedding band. I love that the diamond really POP on the teeny tiny shank, he he... :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kim N|1350348078|3286049 said:
Phoenix, Holly is just perfection, and she looks stunning on your hand. The setting, the stone--simply gorgeous. So happy for you!

Thank you thank you! :)) :))

I agree, Holly really is just PERFECTION! :cheeky: I :love: every single thing about her, the stone, the setting.. all the details...I am super super happy!! :D :twirl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1350616892|3288372 said:
Arrows: Hold your hand up t oa window with the bright sunlight shining through, fingers closed, so the light comes from behind the stone. Voila. You can also rest the ring on something with a window behind. But that is the trick -- light coming behind the stone plus macro mode, crop the pic once you take is so the stone fills the whole cropped zone!

ETA: Oh, and hold the camera about 6 inches from the diamond!

Thank you, Dreamer. Very kind of you to post detailed instructions. :)) :))

I shall try and take close-up shots of the arrows when Mr Sun decides to come out and play. It's been really rainy and cloudy here! ::)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MyDiamondSparkles|1350774942|3289321 said:
Oh my gosh, I just noticed your ring on PS Jewel of the Week (Yay!) and I ran right over to see it. It is so completely gorgeous and that setting is TDF! :love: :appl: :love:

Oh Wow! Thank you thank you! Thank you also, mom2boys and Laila! :)) :))

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, ANDREY!! HOW SWEET OF YOU!! :appl: :bigsmile: What an incredible honour! YAY!! :twirl: :bigsmile: :appl: You've officially made my day...I mean my week!! WOW, just WOW!! I am speechless!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
What an incredibly beautiful ring! Congratulations on finding your holy grail. I first saw it on my Facebook news feed this morning and just about choked on my cup of tea it's so beautiful!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix--Yes, I did find the perfect pair of studs recently! I'll be joining you in the 2ct+/ear MRB diamond stud club! Unfortunately, I will never be able to get into the 5ct+ MRB engagement ring club, though!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
princessfeedme|1350356610|3286163 said:
It is unbelievably gorgeous on your hand :love: :twirl: :love: :twirl: :love: This is the epitome of class and elegance. Congrats Phoenix! You're my bling idol!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh WOW, how lovely of you. Thank you soooo much! :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva|1350537447|3287608 said:
STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING lah..................

Thank you, sweetie! :D Holly can't wait to meet you, next time you're back (hopefully that'll be soon).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anne :)|1350486743|3287045 said:
double-wow!

Thank you, Anne. Double :)) :)) !

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1350835247|3289660 said:
Phoenix--Yes, I did find the perfect pair of studs recently! I'll be joining you in the 2ct+/ear MRB diamond stud club! Unfortunately, I will never be able to get into the 5ct+ MRB engagement ring club, though!

OMG! Have you posted them yet?! I can't wait to see them, yay!! :appl: :appl:

Well, at the risk of being presumptuous, I believe I have quite a few years on you so you'll have plenty of time to catch up and join the 5ct club when you get to my age! :lol:

What you have already is not shabby, not shabby at all...in fact, they're all incredibly high-end and gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1350380359|3286253 said:
Your ring is truly amazing, I hope you are very happy with her! :love: :love: :love:

Thank you, I am soooo happy I am beyond delirious, lol! :twirl: :twirl:

sushi

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix! Its sensational! Its beyond perfect, and what is more wonderful that it is owned by you, who really loves and appreciates it!

Congratulations!! I would love to see it in person one day!! :D

Lots of love

sushi xoxo

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1350795803|3289454 said:

I am always staring at my new ring, lol. I've had ppl really staring at the ring, look up at me, and then look down at the ring again, ha ha... :lol:

Thank you. I forget the name of the colour. It's actually Gelish. I've now had it removed as the Gelish was making my nails so dry and brittle! :nono:

How are you going on yr search for the new stone? Enquring minds want to know! :naughty:

lol, I would imagine the whole "people staring at your ring, look at you and stare at your ring again" situations to be somewhat uncomfortable! Bet they wish they were rocking Holly on their finger :love:

Heh, as for my new stone, that idea is currently on hold for now...I am undecided on shape, and also, after a conversation with the other half, it will not be me making that purchase, although I will have input :naughty: so I will just leave it at that!

Fife

Rough_Rock
holy shit!!! Look at that thing! AWESOME!!!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1350922304|3290228 said:
Phoenix|1350795803|3289454 said:

lol, I would imagine the whole "people staring at your ring, look at you and stare at your ring again" situations to be somewhat uncomfortable! Bet they wish they were rocking Holly on their finger :love:

Heh, as for my new stone, that idea is currently on hold for now...I am undecided on shape, and also, after a conversation with the other half, it will not be me making that purchase, although I will have input :naughty: : so I will just leave it at that!

WOW!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Come back with update! :wink2:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1350962794|3290592 said:
WOW!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Come back with update! :wink2:

I will! In the meantime I will just be lurking around looking at all the lovely baubles, and spending money on pearls while I wait impatiently for him to make the move :naughty:

Enjoy your ring! Bet it looks like an amazing fireball especially when you are in the sun!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Missy.

Thank you, Susimoo.

:)) :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1350484398|3287024 said:
New favourite!
holly_20.jpg

I showed DH this thread, he didn't go past "Wow". He's partial to the Rock in Simple Setting look and Holly is pretty much the definition of that! I told him that if he wanted to get me a 5ct I'd be happy to put it in whatever sort of setting he liked, and he just smiled that little "keep right on dreaming" smile.. ::)

Thank you, Yssie. You're too cute! :razz:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1350515104|3287368 said:
Beautiful ring, Phoenix. A simple setting, that isn't simple at all. Truly a work of art, and provides the perfect way to hold that big beautiful diamond on your finger.

Enjoy with health and happiness for many years to come! :wavey:

Thank you, thank you. I agree! :bigsmile: I wouldn't call the setting just plain "simple", it's more like "understated elegance" and it really *is* a work of art! Bravo, Leon! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have any bumps on your head yet? You know.. walking around not being able to take your eyes off of it and running into walls, doors, cars, kitchen tables.... falling in the pool? Just little things you do when you are DISTRACTED!!!!! :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Clearly we need a new foot pictures with that baby hanging off your toes!!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, I had the setting measured today and the shank is an even 1.8mm as I thought - just PERFECT!! :love: :love: :love: . The height, from my finger to the top of the table, is again perfect @ 8.7mm - just in case anyone wonders! :tongue:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1351087715|3291360 said:
Have any bumps on your head yet? You know.. walking around not being able to take your eyes off of it and running into walls, doors, cars, kitchen tables.... falling in the pool? Just little things you do when you are DISTRACTED!!!!! :naughty: :Up_to_something:

Hello Gorgeous! :wavey:

Ha ha, no not yet, but only because I am being extra careful. I do admit however to constantly staring at Holly, lol!

I was running on the treadmill today and I was the.whole.time sooooo worried I might hit my ring against the panel!! :o

Foot pics? Lol, not sure my toes are worthy of being photo'ed again, ha ha....[but to be absolutely honest, the thought *has* crossed my mind, lol].

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleSparkle|1350650769|3288494 said:
Oh Phoenix...Holly is just ridiculous. Ridiculously spectacular, ridiculously perfect, and ridiculously at home on your fingers. I have followed this search for quite some time and am so happy to see it come to fruition! You did an INCREDIBLE job of hunting down the stone of your dreams and finding the perfect home for it in an LM simple solitaire. Bravo! Wear Holly in great health and happiness. She is just outstanding. :love: :appl:

Thank you sooooo much!! Thank you for having been on this journey with me all this time (and I didn't even know!) I am very proud of myself actually, having resisted the temptation to buy inferior stones!! I am sooo happy I waited for Holly!! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1351088207|3291364 said:
Mayk|1351087715|3291360 said:

Hello Gorgeous! :wavey:

Ha ha, no not yet, but only because I am being extra careful. I do admit however to constantly staring at Holly, lol!

I was running on the treadmill today and I was the.whole.time sooooo worried I might hit my ring against the panel!! :o

Foot pics? Lol, not sure my toes are worthy of being photo'ed again, ha ha....[but to be absolutely honest, the thought *has* crossed my mind, lol].

:o :-o you will fall off the treadmill. Holly is in great shape... She doesn't need no stinking treadmill!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, you crack me up!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

You're right, Holly does NOT need no stinking treadmill , ha ha.. :lol: :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologise I haven't responded to those of you who've taken the time to write in and share in my joy. I will try and do so. I DEFINITELY appreciate each and everyone of you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[deleted] my photography skill is definitely lacking, lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results