shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My 4.5ct ERD U-prong Eternity Band!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS'ers!

I'm so excited to finally share my gorgeous new eternity band from ERD (Engagement Rings Direct)! This has been my dream ring for going on 10 years now and I'm so happy that I was finally able to make my dream come true :) This ring is also in celebration of my 30th birthday :bigsmile:

First I have to say that working with Mark Turnowski was incredible. I asked several PS vendors for quotes and after comparing them I was leaning in one direction (not ERD, because the cost was too high) but I chatted with Mark and he ended up revising his pricing to where the difference was so minimal that I thought it was a no-brainer but to go with him/ERD. And he was just such a doll to work with and after seeing many of his beautiful rings and stones on PS I knew he would source the most amazing stones for this ring.

The CAD only took a week and then the production of the ring was another 2 weeks. Such a great lead time, I was so happy that I didn't have to wait months :bigsmile:

Once I received the ring I was blown away! I knew it was going to be amazing but I wasn't prepared for just how gorgeous it was going to be! It turned out though, that the ring was too big and my heart sunk. I called Mark right away to tell him how beautiful it was but that it was too big. He suggested I take it to my local jeweler to have it sized, as well as my finger. It did end up reading 6.75 (what I requested) and that's what I typically wear but the jeweler thought I should make it closer to a 6.5. I'm still not sure why my other rings fit at a 6.75 but this one is big (I don't know if this is the reason but since it's a u-prong technically there is more space between the scallops, and I wonder if that could be part of the size issue ). So Mark sent me a pre-paid label and I overnighted it back to him. I also sent him a bunch of photos showing the extra room when on my finger. He decided to put in 2 small sizing balls and send it back. I got it back the following Tuesday (I shipped it out the previous Thursday). He knew I hated to part with it but I got it back so quickly. And I have to say the sizing balls help a lot!

Now, I do have big knuckles so I knew this ring would spin and it still does. However Mark told me to wear it for a few days and see what I think. So I've been wearing it the last 3 days and I'll wear it all weekend and then decide what I want to do next. We might have to have it remade but I might wait a bit to see if I get used to it. I do like my rings a bit loose and my fingers do tend to swell in heat so even if I decide a few months from now to make another adjustment, I know Mark will be there to help :bigsmile:

And get this, after he shipped it to me the first time, I wore it for a day and a half, then sent it back to him for few days, then he sends it back the second time and at the end of the call letting him know it was much better he said "okay, I'll go ahead and charge your card" :shock: I was shocked he hadn't done that yet! Now that's one honest and trusting jeweler. I think that right there said it all, and I will definitely be giving Mark much more of my business over the years.

Thanks again Mark for all of your help, I'm so lucky to have such an amazing piece of jewelry!

Okay now on the show :)

Stats -
25 pointers x 18 stones = 4.5 carats of deliciousness
G color
VS2/SI1 clarity
Ideal cut - and yes you can see arrows!
Platinum - u-prong
size 6.75

IMG_2022.JPG

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I'm going crazy trying to upload pics! Any tips on resizing on a Mac using iphoto? Every time I try to make the pics smaller they come out all blurry! ugggg. I'll keep trying so I can add more pics soon.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
And last but not least...... Mark's photo he emailed me before the ring was shipped out. :bigsmile:

Hope you all enjoyed the photos. If any of you are looking for an eternity ring, I would definitely contact Mark. The pricing was excellent, quality of stones amazing and the ring itself is gorgeous!

Thanks for looking :bigsmile:

Final ring u-prong 2.21.12.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! :love: :love:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I too love the hearts and arrow shots!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: :love:

Fantastic ring! Looks beautiful on your hand. I love the profile and macro shots. Oh, and the face on and hand shots. I love them all :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully made! :love: Mark really did a nice job and the diamonds are excellent!

I would never resize a ring in winter. Wait until the hottest part of the summer. I'd use sizing beads if at all possible rather than sizing due to the fact that someday your ring size may increase anyway.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, sooo beautiful!! :love: Looks gorgeous on you, very classic and elegant! It's great you finally have your dream ring, you must be so happy! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG, it's both elegant AND blingy. SCORE! Wear it in the best of health honey. ((HUGS))

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA!!!!! DUDE!!!! Bling bling!!!!! :love: :love: :love: It's stunning and huge and SO white and it looks perfect on your hand!! I'm a sucker for eternity rings, but yours is just super spot on. Love love love it, and Happy Birthday to you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!!!! Its so beautiful....wear it in the best of happiness & health always!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty :love: I'm very partial to large EBs and yours looks amazing.

It does look a bit wide on your finger but I wouldn't resize in the winter like others said. Wear it thru summer first. Plus, even if it spins, it's an EB so let it show you all of its diamonds ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results