shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My 3.21ct AVR in Vatche

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for the wonderful comments, everyone!

I love my ring!
It makes me smile for no apparent reason,
it reminds me that life is short...
I work hard/ try my best; that I am enough,
its beauty mesmerizes and outsparkles a grey day.
More than anything, it makes me feel cherished by my husband.

Thank you, Jonathan, David, and GOG for offering not only diamonds of the highest quality but your generous offering of education about diamonds, and charismatic service. I would still be looking for my diamond if I hadn't found you!

:lol: DS2006.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you by any chance know the width of your french cut band? I like it's width with the solitaire a lot.

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Absolute perfection! I generally don't get real ring envy anymore, but man... I am feeling a little green! :tongue:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
DS - My FC band was advertised as 3mm in width.

Thanks, AudiLover.

photo_533.jpg

photo_535.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elysian|1391038989|3603753 said:
Thanks again for the wonderful comments, everyone!

I love my ring!
It makes me smile for no apparent reason,
it reminds me that life is short...
I work hard/ try my best; that I am enough,
its beauty mesmerizes and outsparkles a grey day.
More than anything, it makes me feel cherished by my husband.

Thank you, Jonathan, David, and GOG for offering not only diamonds of the highest quality but your generous offering of education about diamonds, and charismatic service. I would still be looking for my diamond if I hadn't found you!

:lol: DS2006.

:love:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1390955906|3602998 said:
I want to be adopted, too, Jon!!! :lol: I want to come and live in the diamond vault!!! :sun:

!!! :bigsmile:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
three more…

myavr6.jpg

myavrdim.jpg

myavrkindle.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino, Hi! ! I didn't know David was your son!!.. and here I was whining about my sons to him.., he's truly a lovely young man.. and Stephanie has been simply awesome to me ... I kept doubting myself all the way, ...jeez I said to David, "I don't want my friends to think I'm a cheapskate!!" !!!..

When I receive my pendant I will post pix.. I have never had such an easy time buying a piece of jewelry... with people who were just always nice.. thank your son! he's a jewel, and Stephanie too who's heard basket vs bezel 40x at least from me :) ...

And to the OP: I would love to have a gorgeous stone like yours!!!

Kate
:wavey: :wavey:

Rhino|1390955555|3602994 said:
Elysian!!!

My family is all but ready to adopt you. :bigsmile: My son David said he's going to miss working with you.

(and you too Tekate!)

Your ring is just drop dead gorgeous. More than anything we are happy that you are happy!

Warm regards,
Jonathan

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back to drool at this beauty! :love: I love your band too.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW.

How on earth did I miss this beauty? :love: Elysian, it's the perfect set!! I love the the gorgeous AVR faceting is so clear in your gigantic stone, I love that you chose a super simple setting to showcase it, I love the proportions of your stone and your french cut band... you must be over the moon :appl: :appl: :appl:

I didn't realise it was open season on GOG adoptions - where do I sign up? I come with four cats and two dogs and free Girl Scout Thin Mints :bigsmile:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Tekate - I totally agree: David is such a nice guy! Made my diamond buying experience even more special, like icing on a cake.

Thank you, Laila and Yssie. I am definitely over the moon crazy happy about my ring! Being an up-in-the-clouds-hard-to-please idealist, it's hard to reach this level of total contentment, but yes this ring has got me there. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian, thanks for the measurement! I think 3mm for the band is PERFECT with the Vatche e-ring setting! That is kind of what I was thinking. Mine is only 2mm and it either needs a second thin band with it, or I need a 3mm french cut band! :naughty: That is the great thing about this setting, though. It allows for great flexibility with bands!

(Yours and Tekate's reviews made me think to mention that I recently left a Yelp review for GOG because I have been so pleased as well!)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker and a few others! I've read your experiences and Elysian's made me feel secure in buying online with GOG!!! thank you all so much.!!!

diamondseeker2006|1391232420|3605600 said:
Elysian, thanks for the measurement! I think 3mm for the band is PERFECT with the Vatche e-ring setting! That is kind of what I was thinking. Mine is only 2mm and it either needs a second thin band with it, or I need a 3mm french cut band! :naughty: That is the great thing about this setting, though. It allows for great flexibility with bands!

(Yours and Tekate's reviews made me think to mention that I recently left a Yelp review for GOG because I have been so pleased as well!)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this when it was first posted because we have been away on holidays. Congrats, it's stunning. I am going to bookmark it so I can continue to drool at it!!!!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
DS - You're very welcome. I totally agree! U113 is amazingly versatile, let alone look great on its own too! I chose the FC band for a couple of reasons and I think they really work well together: I really love the faceting of the FC diamonds and the faceting of the AVR together…chunky flashes of light and pastels play off each other. I also like the clean lines of the channel set next to the smooth Vatche shank. Personally, I wouldn't normally choose a wide band like this but the large flashes of the FC facets play nicely with the AVR facets. Yes, you need a FC band!!!

Kate - That is really awesome! I can't wait to see your project! Please post lots of pictures when she arrives!!

Arkie - Thanks! I realized after leaving a comment in your thread that your diamond is larger than your ring size!! You are my hero! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkie - Thanks! I realized after leaving a comment in your thread that your diamond is larger than your ring size!! You are my hero! :appl:

I seriously covet this AVR and DS's AVR if I had not accidentally found Lola I would have probably ended up with one!!! I also wish for Charmy's ring size (which is tiny) she makes everything look both good and massive!!!! :lol:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Arkie.:)

Resized to 5.75 and happy that it spins a little bit less. After a jog, pictured here with swollen fingers.
After having lived with my ring... at first I was a bit overwhelmed by the size because I didn't usually wear rings save for a wedding band on occasion. Now, I absolutely love wearing it! For a few days, I was thinking about resetting it into a thin halo but decided it looks great as a solitaire. I had my reset design idea sketched out ready to get quotes from vendors, and then it dawned on me… I really want to have a piece made by Victor Canera, and my original e-ring is just sitting in a safe, I contacted him about my idea and the rest is history (in the making)… but that is another thread. :naughty:

photo_582.jpg

photo_583.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to come to admire your solitaire. It's truly amazing!!! Congrats on the yummy frenchie band :love:
The amazing thing about your solitaire is that it combines beautifully with various eternities. I love all the combinations :appl:

Now for something completely different: what are you up to with VC??? :naughty:
Tell me at least the first letter of the design he is making for you and I'll promise to not tell anyone :twisted:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian, what is it with those FC bands??! The size of yours works perfectly with your AVC. It's thicker but your humongous AVC can stand up to it. When I was trying bands with my solitaire, I tried on a tiny FC at Single stone that made my ugly setting actually look pretty good. I definitely love your AVC as a solitaire. But I can't wait to see what you're doing with Victor. I feel the same way. I really want to have something made by him.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom - You always have the most thoughtful things to say. Alas, I had decided to part with the french cut band as I never wore it next to my solitaire and I don't like to wear anything on the other hand. I find that I enjoy wearing my solitaire alone without other rings, totally solo… for now. Now for the VC project, after having looked at so many rings in my AVR upgrade journey, I've learned that I like the Art Deco/ Edwardian period so it will have some of the design elements of that period. Not overly complicated, very feminine, and kind of like a Venetian frame… with elements of the VC Emilya. My orig. e-ring diamond is around 1.2ct RB so with the finger coverage I crave after having owned my AVR, I feel that this ring will tick most of my cravings list… coverage, solo-wearable bling, period design, and I get to wear my orig. diamond. I drew my design on paper and wrote notes on my preferences of the top down view, no measurements - just ideas of the overall shape, shapes of stones to be used, general size graduation, and impression, and VC really liked it! I believe VC will do an amazing job. I'm super excited about it.

LLJsmom - You too have only sweet and thought-provoking comments. Like I was mentioning to Acinom, I decided to let go of the FC band since I like to wear my solitaire solo. But yeah, I love FC diamonds. Trading some emails with VC gave me a glimpse of who he is and I feel that his work ethic really meshes with me, not to mention his artistry - I feel that he is someone I could trust completely with no detailed instruction. And I tend to be quite anal with details. I am looking forward to seeing my new piece of art for the finger and am really excited to wear a piece made by him. I can't wait to alternate this ring with my AVR. Some days are good for extra bling, some for a solitaire. I don't think your setting is ugly at all, it's quite blingy, lovely, with great presence on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian! You are full of news! A new ring by Victor and you aren't keeping your FC band! ;( (just kidding because I understand there is no point in keeping things you don't wear :)) )

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pity you have let go the frenchie band as it was stunning. But I think it's a good choice since you were not wearing it. I too am downsizing/upgrading my collection with coveted rings and things I truly enjoy wearing. Wearing a beautiful ring solo creates such a sophisticated look! I guess I should add it in my Trends 2014 forecast thread :wavey:

Your new ring by VC sounds great!!! I cannot wait seeing it on your finger. And I so agree: it's such a pleasure working with him. He makes such classic yet updated and wearable pieces that are here to stay for sure :love: :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian|1394092675|3628529 said:
Thanks, Arkie.:)

Resized to 5.75 and happy that it spins a little bit less. After a jog, pictured here with swollen fingers.
After having lived with my ring... at first I was a bit overwhelmed by the size because I didn't usually wear rings save for a wedding band on occasion. Now, I absolutely love wearing it! For a few days, I was thinking about resetting it into a thin halo but decided it looks great as a solitaire. I had my reset design idea sketched out ready to get quotes from vendors, and then it dawned on me… I really want to have a piece made by Victor Canera, and my original e-ring is just sitting in a safe, I contacted him about my idea and the rest is history (in the making)… but that is another thread. :naughty:

Elysian, I absolutely love your set! It's one of my favorites on PS. I'm sorry to see your FC band go but it's a logical move if it won't see much wear.

I also love your U113 paired with this bezel band. Can you tell me what the mm width is? Thank you :))

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: DS! Yes, because I need bling sooner than later and I'm fresh out of bling-patience, I decided to part with a couple of rings to fund my VC project. Patience would probably improve my life but learning patience takes too long... :cheeky:

Thanks, Acinom. I love reading that thread! I would be honored to be included. 8-)

Hi baby nurse, sorry it took awhile to get back to you, but I wanted to be sure. Grace just told me that the bezel eternity is just under 2mm in width.

Some eye candy, for those who are not sick of my ring yet, lol. Where I live has been so grey and yuck, will get some sun shots soon!
I managed to get some steel-y shots of my stone:

img_4030.jpg

img_4031.jpg

img_4037.jpg

img_4040.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade