shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.86ct antique cushion in DK solitaire

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
it's stunning!!!! The design is spectacular and the execution amazing. I am in awe!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
For the life of me I can't figure out how you could put that gorgeous diamond away for a whole year and forget about it. Your setting is just divine as well. Love your story...congrats on your win and your perfect ring!

Wednesday

Rough_Rock
Wow, it's beautiful and looks perfect! Great work, and glad you got the chance to get your gorgeous design made.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
That head is to DIE for!

I can't believe I've never seen anything like that before. It's like a Mark Morrell head, with a twist that's so beautiful.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Love the head and the prongs. So delicate and the diamond really pops.

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
two_little_birds said:
Simply beautiful! :appl:
Rosebloom|1417837232|3796239 said:
it's stunning!!!! The design is spectacular and the execution amazing. I am in awe!

Thank you so much! I am really enjoying it!

ariel144 said:
For the life of me I can't figure out how you could put that gorgeous diamond away for a whole year and forget about it. Your setting is just divine as well. Love your story...congrats on your win and your perfect ring!

Thank you! I guess I was a bit unclear, it was only the design that was put away in the drawer. I had the diamond in a temporary setting. I couldn't bear to be without it for a year ;-)

Wednesday said:
Wow, it's beautiful and looks perfect! Great work, and glad you got the chance to get your gorgeous design made.
marcy said:
Your ring is gorgeous!

Thank you! I am also really happy I took the chance!

iota15 said:
That head is to DIE for!

I can't believe I've never seen anything like that before. It's like a Mark Morrell head, with a twist that's so beautiful.
Mark Morrell is definately an inspiration! Thanks for your kind words :)

chemgirl said:
Wow. Love the head and the prongs. So delicate and the diamond really pops.

Thank you so much! I love wearing it!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! I love the basket, and that high crown! :love: :love: :love: :love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1417631171|3794596 said:
Your photos are gorgeous, your original sketches were pretty awesome, and DK nailed the look and feel :love: :love: :love: And the workmanship looks fantastic :appl:

Congratulations on winning the contest - I'm very, very glad you did because your design *needed* to be brought to life :love:

This, this, and this!!!

I was amazed at the ring and design on facebook and seeing it here I swooned. Your photos are fantastic show the ring beautiful cushion so well. Incredible design. Love how flowy and romantic it is, being modern while incorporating many vintage elements and inspiration- it is sophisticated and elegant. A classic beauty, all around.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both rings are gorgeous, I love the cushion setting and the stone itself.. also your hands are lovely and truly show off these rings... I have a size 7 1/4 and I wish for thinner fingers (waist etc ;-) best of luck it's stunning!

:wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *love* your photography.

and beautiful ring/stone too of course ;-) Congratulations on the win.

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
lioness|1417973809|3797253 said:
Stunning! I love the basket, and that high crown! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanks, I am so thrilled to wear this ring!

apacherose said:
Yssie|1417631171|3794596 said:
Your photos are gorgeous, your original sketches were pretty awesome, and DK nailed the look and feel :love: :love: :love: And the workmanship looks fantastic :appl:

Congratulations on winning the contest - I'm very, very glad you did because your design *needed* to be brought to life :love:

This, this, and this!!!

I was amazed at the ring and design on facebook and seeing it here I swooned. Your photos are fantastic show the ring beautiful cushion so well. Incredible design. Love how flowy and romantic it is, being modern while incorporating many vintage elements and inspiration- it is sophisticated and elegant. A classic beauty, all around.

Aww, thank you so much for these wonderful words!! I really appreciate your comments :) I also love your AVC in that lovely rose gold setting! I also considered rose gold for my ring, but unfortunately the color blends in with my skin color too much.

Tekate said:
Both rings are gorgeous, I love the cushion setting and the stone itself.. also your hands are lovely and truly show off these rings... I have a size 7 1/4 and I wish for thinner fingers (waist etc ;-) best of luck it's stunning!

:wavey:

Thanks for your compliments on my rings - and hands! I have always disliked my huge knuckles :)
Btw, you also have an amazing cushion. I love your beautiful AVC pendant!!!

madelise said:
I *love* your photography.

and beautiful ring/stone too of course ;-) Congratulations on the win.
Thanks madelise! You have some gorgeous pieces too!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning!!! :love: I love how the basket is delicate, intricate and open at the same time!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
nycspring said:
Your ring is stunning!!! :love: I love how the basket is delicate, intricate and open at the same time!
MisterMadelise said:
Beautiful ring, and congrats

Thank you so much! :) I am really happy about the ring.

hooty

Rough_Rock
Hi Almond,

Beautiful ring and congrats on the contest! I'm in the process of creating a custom solitaire engagement ring in 18k yellow to go with a warmer antique cushion cut. Would you mind if I used your design as an example of something to start from?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad this thread was bumped!

Almond, your ring is beautiful! Dainty, feminine, and romantic. :love: :love: I love how you journeyed to get to this ring made.

Are you still enjoying it just as much as day one?

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
hooty|1431696491|3877049 said:
Hi Almond,

Beautiful ring and congrats on the contest! I'm in the process of creating a custom solitaire engagement ring in 18k yellow to go with a warmer antique cushion cut. Would you mind if I used your design as an example of something to start from?

Thank you! How exciting that you are in the process of making a ring and congratulations on the engagement!! You can use my design, thanks for asking :) I'd love to see pictures when it's done! Warm antique cushion and yellow gold sounds dreamy :love:

Milly said:
I'm so glad this thread was bumped!

Almond, your ring is beautiful! Dainty, feminine, and romantic. :love: :love: I love how you journeyed to get to this ring made.

Are you still enjoying it just as much as day one?

Thank you, Milly! Yes, I am still enjoying it, makes me really happy every time I look at it! I find myself wearing it alone most of the time, without my bands or with my bands on my right hand, so that nothing takes away from it :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly gorgeous! The setting is oh-so-delicate and stunning!! Looks perfect on you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results