shape
carat
color
clarity

MRB Reset - Victor Canera Emilya

mns12

Shiny_Rock
Rockredo|1383418084|3549146 said:
So gorgeous! Are you wearing bands with it? Or are you wearing in the RH? I think it's so beautiful it could clearly holds it's own. Just curious to see what it looks like with bands and the donut, thanks! Congrats!

My WB eternity looks ridiculous with the Emilya so I have been wearing my band on RH or I wear it by itself on LH when I just want something simple. I would like the option to wear a delicate band (eternity) with the Emilya though so I will be looking into that sometime soon. I most likely will need a spacer too.

Here are a some threads with examples of the ring with band(s).

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-rb-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-victor-canera-masterpiece-emilya-halo-meets-gog-h-a.172697/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-dream-ring-is-here-venice-in-vc-halo-t188043.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-dream-ring-is-here-venice-in-vc-halo-t188043.html[/URL]

Have you made any decisions on your reset yet? Has your new setting grown on you at all?

Rockredo

Shiny_Rock
My setting is pretty and I much prefer it over my old 3 stone ring. However, I realize I am not content since all I do is think about going round. I have also realized I would also change a few other things, I actually would like a small donut as mine now was made to wear a ring flush with it and then it looks like a double band ER since they are both so skinny. I am sentimental about my wedding band and would like to wear it but with a slight gap. Luckily my DH just wants me to be happy and knows I obsess over this stuff....so I am planning to sell my setting and start over. Crazy but I learned a lot. I am trying to decide Victor or ERD. If it wasn't for the loss of money with this setting I have to say victor would be a given. Although I read ERD is beautiful. I just want to get it right this time!

williams22

Rough_Rock
Hello,
If you don't mind me asking, how much did Victor charge for the hidden stones in the shank? Your ring is gorgeous btw.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
williams22|1389673289|3592352 said:
Hello,
If you don't mind me asking, how much did Victor charge for the hidden stones in the shank? Your ring is gorgeous btw.

Thanks!
I'm not sure if I am allowed to post pricing??
But let's just say ~2% of total cost of setting. But seriously, just ask VC any questions including cost..he is really easy going and always responded quickly!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read that you were not 100% happy. What is the current status? Did you keep the setting or indeed sold it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1389780065|3593170 said:
So sorry to read that you were not 100% happy. What is the current status? Did you keep the setting or indeed sold it?

Ah... It was probably to early in the morning and I misread: by mistake I thought that Rockredo's post was yours :oops:

BIGDOGGY4EVER

Rough_Rock
mns12|1382837603|3545332 said:
First, I’m so grateful to all the wonderful PSers for helping me learn so much in my reset journey! I luckily stumbled across this site when my original ER solitaire broke and I googled “halo or solitaire”. I was very close to purchasing a Tacori halo setting but kept coming back to the Victor Canera Emilya. I was very hesitant to purchase something for that type of investment without seeing the ring in person, but the PS community helped me with my final decision. I read and re-read so many threads. A big thanks to Frankie, Soxfan, and Susimoo whose threads and pictures ultimately helped me make my final decision. I was VERY torn on the cushion halo or round halo and decided on round and it is gorgeous!! A very small part of me still wonders about the cushion halo but I think I’ll save that for a RHR with a sapphire!

Center diamond is 1.51 ct and my ring size is 4.375, although I think I’m closer to a 4 or even smaller but my darn knuckle prevents me from going much smaller. So since it’s colder now the ring is starting to spin, which drives me crazy, but I don’t think there is much I can do about it :confused:

So, here she is! Thanks Victor!!

Sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead but can you tell me what was the size of the pave used for the halo? 1.4? 1.5?

mns12

Shiny_Rock
BIGDOGGY4EVER|1424856509|3837879 said:
First, I’m so grateful to all the wonderful PSers for helping me learn so much in my reset journey! I luckily stumbled across this site when my original ER solitaire broke and I googled “halo or solitaire”. I was very close to purchasing a Tacori halo setting but kept coming back to the Victor Canera Emilya. I was very hesitant to purchase something for that type of investment without seeing the ring in person, but the PS community helped me with my final decision. I read and re-read so many threads. A big thanks to Frankie, Soxfan, and Susimoo whose threads and pictures ultimately helped me make my final decision. I was VERY torn on the cushion halo or round halo and decided on round and it is gorgeous!! A very small part of me still wonders about the cushion halo but I think I’ll save that for a RHR with a sapphire!

Center diamond is 1.51 ct and my ring size is 4.375, although I think I’m closer to a 4 or even smaller but my darn knuckle prevents me from going much smaller. So since it’s colder now the ring is starting to spin, which drives me crazy, but I don’t think there is much I can do about it :confused:

Sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead but can you tell me what was the size of the pave used for the halo? 1.4? 1.5?

Hi!
I just went back to look at my e-mail threads with Victor:
The melee on the halo will be proportional to the center stone. Probably slightly smaller than 1pt each.
And per my appraisal the total diameter of the ring is ~9.85mm. Hope that helps.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

BIGDOGGY4EVER

Rough_Rock
mns12|1424874960|3837948 said:

Hi!
The melee on the halo will be proportional to the center stone. Probably slightly smaller than 1pt each.
And per my appraisal the total diameter of the ring is ~9.85mm. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the response! So if its 1 pointer thatss about 1.3 mm if im correct. Does your halo also have that "tilt" Victor is know to do? I'm looking at getting a similar stone size wise.

mns12

Shiny_Rock
BIGDOGGY4EVER|1424878680|3837981 said:
mns12|1424874960|3837948 said:

Hi!

Thank you for the response! So if its 1 pointer thatss about 1.3 mm if im correct. Does your halo also have that "tilt" Victor is know to do? I'm looking at getting a similar stone size wise.

I believe 1.3 mm is correct. Yes, it has the tilt but left all those details up to VC.

toade

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring. Thanks for the added info. I too am having Victor make an Emilya and I'm trying to decide on the melee size.

Bigdoggy, how big of a center stone are you thinking?

Have you seen logans?https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-cathedral-emilya-is-here.205523/

Hers is only 1.3ct and has 24 stones. Definitely a lot smaller. Trying to decide if I should go that delicate or stick with the usual.

I know the actual HW has 16 stones for a 1ct.

BIGDOGGY4EVER

Rough_Rock
toade|1424889979|3838084 said:
Gorgeous ring. Thanks for the added info. I too am having Victor make an Emilya and I'm trying to decide on the melee size.

Bigdoggy, how big of a center stone are you thinking?

Have you seen logans?https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-cathedral-emilya-is-here.205523/

Hers is only 1.3ct and has 24 stones. Definitely a lot smaller. Trying to decide if I should go that delicate or stick with the usual.

I know the actual HW has 16 stones for a 1ct.

Hi toade just saw her ring looks amazing! By any chance you know what size pave she used? I read the thread but couldnt find anything except the total weight of the paves used. The diamond im looking to set is about 1.5 ct so slighty biggers than hers.

toade

Rough_Rock
No, I'm not sure. But sounds like if you just ask Victor to make it delicate like Frankie's and Logan's, he'll know what you are talking about. They must be pretty small to fit 24 around a 1.3CT. Frankie's also has 24 stones, and hers is 3CT! If you like the look, I think 24 would look great on a 1.5CT. Make sure to post what you decide to do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results