shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW MGR did what? Traded her diamond?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time to let the cat out of the bag to my PS friends! I traded my stone for a Whiteflash ACA stone!!! I am so excited!

The thing that I thought I would never do began to take shape last March when I realized that WF offered to take some trades on AGS0 stones. For those of us who started our diamond journeys long before the internet and super ideal cut stones, this was never a possibility unless you wanted to start over from scratch. I am a one ring to rule them all gal so buying another stone in addition to the one I had was never in the cards for me. I have told countless others here how fortunate they are to have the advantage of the internet, internet pricing and the ability to have a superior cut stone right off the bat.

As the wheels started to turn, I entertained many possibilities. Thought about going larger and going back to a solitaire. I looked at many, many stones and rejected them for all of my personal reasons - inclusions that might seem possible to see, colors that were lower than what I had, crown/pavilion angles that I didn't prefer - you name it. This truly went on for months and months - another possibility, another rejection. Another decision to not move on this opportunity. I must say at this point that Becca was as kind, patient and understanding as any human could have been. Can't say enough good things about this lady!

By now I had talked myself out of doing anything but still I looked. I had decided that I truly didn't want a larger stone. Every trade before had been to something larger as my husband thought you needed something visual to feel like you had gotten your money's worth so to speak. I had also come to the conclusion that for as many beautiful solitaires as there were, they just weren't for me any longer. I could never seem to make peace with the way they looked on my finger and maybe because I had a three stone ring for so long I just didn't want to give up the coverage or try to make it up with one large stone. Still, I decided one day to try to pursue this and by the next had decided that I was crazy to even consider it. And on it went.

Until, one day before bed, I decided to take a quick peek to see if there was anything new. And there it was!! A 2.195 G, VS1 stone that checked every box for me. Now I still didn't know at this point if my stone was eligible for trade or even if it was something that WF was interested in. I spent a restless night, talked to my husband about it who encouraged me to check it out, and called the next day. It was agreed that I would send them my ring for them to do an initial evaluation. I gave that diamond a smooch, put it in the Fed Ex box and decided that what would be would be. I had a very nice, eye clean stone that I would not be sorry to keep. However, the prospect of having an ACA was almost like a dream come true. My husband and I had been out shopping and not one but two cashiers complimented my ring - how sparkly it was and what a good job he had done. Was I crazy to trade this thing in? However, I knew I had long ago drank the PS Koolaid (ha!) and the chance to own a super ideal, H&A cut stone was so tantalizing!

Long story short, Becca called back with a preliminary price range for my stone but they would need to unmount it for a final offer. She sent pictures of the two stones and I was delighted to see that my stone was all that I thought it was - pretty arrows, defined but not perfect hearts, well cut. However, there were differences in the stones that I could immediately see that were important enough to me to spur me on to work out a deal. An ACA was coming my way!!!

The stone is now to be set in my three stone setting - the new being 2.195 and the old being 2.22 - perfect!! The money is wired, the work is being done and I am waiting to hear about a shipping date. If you're still hanging in here with me at this point, thanks for listening. It was a long, hard decision and a longer wait to find that very special stone. I can't wait to see it and will certainly be back with lots of pictures!!

For now, I give you the glamour shot of her that I have and the specs:

G color
VS1 clarity
56.1 table
61.3 depth
34.5 crown
40.8 pavilion

I can only hope I am as pleased with this stone as I am with the specs on paper - I could not have asked for anything better!

Many, many thanks to Becca and Vera and I'm sure to unknown and unnamed persons at WF that helped to make this all possible. They are always friendly, always willing to help and never pushy or dismissive. A true class act company!

_1555.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited for you, MGR! You will love your ACA. I watched the video of your diamond twice. I can't wait to see pictures when you get it. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy! I am excited too! A super ideal cut stone was sort of on my bucket list although I didn't know how, when or where it might happen. I never dreamed it would turn out this way and I am thrilled!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you, MGR! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I can't wait to see photos! An ACA! So exciting!

Thank you for taking the time to describe your journey to this point. How can something as small in size as a diamond or ring create such internal debates as we try to figure out the answers to seemly-simple questions; solitaire or three-stone, etc., shape, size, colour, clarity, etc.? :))

I'll be anxiously awaiting photos after you receive your beautiful ring. I'm sure you miss it.

:wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THanks for your good wishes December-fire! You never really realize how much you enjoy something until you live without it. Can't wait to have a ring back on my finger!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally didn't expect this from you, MGR! 8) So glad you finally drank the WF ACA koolaid, lol! :cheeky:

Let me just say the specs on your new ACA are fabulous--you can't ever go wrong w/ a G VS-1 diamond! So how does it compare in size to your old stone?

We are all so excited for you--please come back and post TONS of new pics! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really have to pinch myself to believe it too m-2-b! I hadn't posted anything about it and for all the time it took to find and decide on something, I would have bored others to death!! I just felt that I really needed to decide for myself what attributes were most important to me if I was ever to do this. I didn't want to settle; otherwise I could have happily kept what I had. My old stone was truly an eye clean SI1; I didn't think I'd ever get that lucky again so scratched that as a possibility. The VS1 seems decadent to me but in a wonderful way and I did not want to go below the G color that I had. This stone is 8.3 as opposed to the 8.4 that I had. In pictures, it certainly is hard to see a size difference. This setting was originally purchased for a 2 carat stone that I previously had and the 8.4 stone was sort of squeezed in. I'm hoping that this new stone will fit in well - larger than the original 2 carat but a smidge smaller than the 8.4. I just decided that from this point forward in my life I had a good size combination for me in the three stone and I needed to stick with it. I think of this stone as simply 'tweaking' the old one and hope I have made a good decision. I had to brush aside my husband's thoughts about once again getting a larger stone and focus on what I wanted in a stone! He is a good egg though and understands my point of view. I considered a new setting but I always seem to gravitate toward the same look so at least for now, it makes sense to use a perfectly good setting to get a good feel for the stone. I feel like I can make comparisons better in a familiar setting too since I am buying this stone sight unseen!

I only wish I had your picture taking skills - they will fall far short of your perfect pictures but hopefully I can get some shots that will at least portray it in a good light!

I love the specs of this new stone and feel that there can't be any question as to cut quality with this beautiful ACA!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR!!!! :o I cannot believe it! I thought you were the one person who was totally content with what you had, and I envied that!! :lol:

Well, you surely hit my sweet spot! G VS1 is my favorite for an ideal cut round! And your ACA is perfection cut-wise. Couldn't be any better than that! :appl:

I can't believe you kept this a secret! It's so awesome! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see pics of your ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1485316322|4119412 said:
MGR!!!! :o I cannot believe it! I thought you were the one person who was totally content with what you had, and I envied that!! :lol:

Well, you surely hit my sweet spot! G VS1 is my favorite for an ideal cut round! And your ACA is perfection cut-wise. Couldn't be any better than that! :appl:

I can't believe you kept this a secret! It's so awesome! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see pics of your ring!

Thanks DS! I was content until I realized this possibility existed - and really beyond that too I guess. I never really knew if it would pan out but in the end decided that life was short and if it was that important to me, I needed to pursue the possibility. Before I got to that point and found this particular stone, I changed my mind daily about whether I wanted to trade stones. I didn't post about it because it would have been hard to capture in words all the thoughts that raced through my mind over these many months! Opinions could have been as varied as my own so decided to keep my own counsel and try to think this all through thoroughly.

I appreciate your kind words and good wishes - you can thank me later for not dragging you and others through the mud of my indecisiveness - ha!! :wall:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh woooow!!! Congrats congrats!!

Btw, I didn't realise WF had now started to take in trade-ins. I enquired with them, I dunno, maybe 2-3 years ago and was told no. Maybe they've changed their mind (?). Soooo happy for you that you were able to upgrade to an ACA. There's really nothing quite like a super-ideal cut diamond! :love: :love: :love:

Can't wait to see like a zillion pics!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Phoenix! I am excited about this new stone for sure! I had never inquired about doing this as I was always under the impression that none of the well known vendors here accepted outside trades. I actually read about it through another poster here and was quite surprised. It is documented on their website though although it is on a case by case basis. I put a deposit on the new stone to hold it then shipped the ring off and decided if it was meant to be it would be. Fortunately, it worked out and I am now the proud owner of an ACA!

Let's hope my pictures can do the whole thing justice - lol!

Q

Queenie60

Very exciting! Look forward to seeing pictures when you receive the ring! Congratulations on your decision to get an ACA! :wavey:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Super exciting! Congrats on finding just the right fit for your setting! It's going to be awesome!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How totally exciting!!!!! You had such a great attitude about exploring your options, I hope your ACA is love at first site :love: .

Cannot wait to see pictures!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR! I am so happy and excited for you woohoo! What a gorgeous diamond and I have no doubt you will be thoroughly thrilled and pleased with your trade! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cannot wait to see her on your hand! :appl:

And fwiw, that is why I never say never because you just never know right?
And we would love being dragged through the "mud of your indecisiveness" just fyi! 8) :wavey:

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing your story MGR, although I too never expected you to trade in your diamond.

I love the proportions of your ACA and cannot wait to see more pics!

Congrats!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1485321995|4119441 said:
Very exciting! Look forward to seeing pictures when you receive the ring! Congratulations on your decision to get an ACA! :wavey:

Thanks Queenie! Now that the nerves of it all are over, I am very anxious to get this ring! I feel like I chose door number one and now I'm waiting for it to open!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bunnycat|1485323585|4119444 said:
Super exciting! Congrats on finding just the right fit for your setting! It's going to be awesome!

For me, this stone was an amazing find that really did tick all the boxes. What are the chances, right? We'll see in a few days - thanks for your good thoughts!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JDDN|1485332307|4119466 said:
How totally exciting!!!!! You had such a great attitude about exploring your options, I hope your ACA is love at first site :love: .

Cannot wait to see pictures!!!!

Thanks - let's hope I didn't over think it but I at least took my time to make a decision. Love at first sight - sounds glorious doesn't it?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1485341801|4119480 said:
MGR! I am so happy and excited for you woohoo! What a gorgeous diamond and I have no doubt you will be thoroughly thrilled and pleased with your trade! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Cannot wait to see her on your hand! :appl:

And fwiw, that is why I never say never because you just never know right?
And we would love being dragged through the "mud of your indecisiveness" just fyi! 8) :wavey:

You are such a dear and I know you would have listened endlessly but I think your patience would probably have run thin with me after about the third month! I really did think that I would never be in the market for another diamond but the lure of such a well cut stone is hard to resist!

Thanks Missy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boom|1485342328|4119483 said:
Thank you for sharing your story MGR, although I too never expected you to trade in your diamond.

I love the proportions of your ACA and cannot wait to see more pics!

Congrats!

Thanks Boom - I guess we can never be too certain of our certainties! As I never thought this would happen either, I felt compelled to share the back story of how this all came to be.

I love the proportions too - I feel like it is a terrific balance and play between crown and pavilion angle with neither of them being extreme. That's what I was shooting for anyway.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As one who HAS drug people through my own indecisiveness :lol: (as you well know since you helped me), I can say that I totally know what you mean! The problem is that the advice is often split, and in that case, it can make you even more confused.

However, just so you know, I would certainly have voted for a Whiteflash ACA!!!! :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love your stone, just in case I forgot to say that before. :love: ;))

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, MGR!!!!! :appl: :appl: I can't wait to see this beauty you've picked out and I hope you'll post MANY pictures! Your set was to die for already, so I can't even imagine what this iteration will look like!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations MGR!!! That ACA looks phenomenal and it is going to be stunning in your three stone ring. I am SO excited for you and I totally get the need to work these decisions out for yourself before posting about it. To me these super ideal cut diamonds are something special and I just know you are going to love it.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats :clap: It's a gorgeous stone and I know you will be completely thrilled!

PierreBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and yes thanks for sharing that wonderful story! We are all very excited for you and can't wait to see the results. It's so great to hear that you are keeping your beautiful setting too.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so thrilled for you, MGR!! I can identify with the quandary you went through (it sounds all too familiar, actually! ;)) and I think you made a tremendously wonderful choice. At some point you can't deny your gut instinct, and good for you for following your heart! Your stone looks phenomenal and Whiteflash ACAs are truly amazing!! I can't wait to see more photos once you receive the ring. Congratulations again!!! :clap:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1485352024|4119533 said:
As one who HAS drug people through my own indecisiveness :lol: (as you well know since you helped me), I can say that I totally know what you mean! The problem is that the advice is often split, and in that case, it can make you even more confused.

However, just so you know, I would certainly have voted for a Whiteflash ACA!!!! :lol: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I love your stone, just in case I forgot to say that before. :love: ;))

And therein lies the problem. I remember you buying your last diamond and we all had opinions and I could see where you could become more confused listening to everyone's point of view. Sometimes it is good, sometimes maybe not so good although there is much sage advice to gain from PS.

I know you would have voted for the ACA and I so appreciate your kinds comments about the stone. I don't think you can ever be disappointed in buying quality and I am just so grateful to have had this opportunity. It really is like a dream come true for me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results