shape
carat
color
clarity

Meyer's platform rings - calling Coatimundi

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, especially Coatimundi.

Coati you posted some lovely pics of a platform setting you had done by James Meyer. Could you be kind enough to let me know how high off your finger the setting is? I've been quoted just under 7mm - is yours that high? I ask because your's looks just lovely and very wearable. Could you let me know if you find the setting comfortable for daily wear please.

If anyone else has a setting of the same sort could they chime in? I'd be very grateful, its so hard trying to decide trans Atlantic based on photos and a ruler and paper at home - ghaaaa! I'm looking for something I can wear all the time, unless actually gardening or something very physical.

Thanks all,
Abi

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I have a platform ring by James Meyer (see the link below). The stone is set low (the cutlet is perhaps 1~2mm off the finger). Overall it fits great and is very comfortable to wear on a daily basis.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-james-meyer-tourmaline-ring.159114/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-james-meyer-tourmaline-ring.159114/[/URL]

The "bridge" on mine is different from his regular platform rings, but that's because my stone is big and it needs a slight different design.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Cookie, I've been digging and digging and three pages through a search using James Meyer+height, I see Coati mentions hers is 6mm high - from finger to table I guess.

I'm looking at a ring of just under 7mm. Just wondering it that will catch on stuff. I don't have any rings that high except an amber piece, but that is set in a solid bezel and Jim's are open at the sides, so well aerated. I'm sure that makes them look less heavy.

I really hope for something that is a ring I can wear all the time. I wish wish wish I could try it on, but I'm in Belgium and once it is sent, it is sent!

Any other info anyone? :wavey: Height off finger and ease of wear for the platform rings, say for a stone of around 7mm. Does it feel high or bulky at all?

Many thanks
A

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Laughinggravy-yes mine is right around 6mm. It's very comfortable and low to the finger, but still has enough height for presence. I've seen others with diamonds set a bit higher from the bridge underneath. My stone hovers just a hair above the metal, and I love that suspension. It doesn't generally catch on things, but that's more of a bezel factor over height. (..but note, many rings with a bit of height can catch on say, wide-woven chunky sweaters and whatnot, and a lot of it depends on how you wear your jewelry-kwim?) As for bulk, my ring's style is very delicate and comfortable. This style photographs thicker than it appears in real life. It is a very dainty setting. hth!

quintilis

Rough_Rock
I second coatimundi - I have one and it's about 5-6mm from the finger to the table - very comfortable, delicate-looking ring but durable. I DO catch it on stuff sometimes (stuffing hands in jeans pockets, etc) but it's never damaged and I don't really worry about it at all.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys for your quick response - that's very kind.

This is set at just under 7mm from finger to table, Coati I think your's is 6.5mm so I guess that is the same essentially. Decimal points of millimetres are negligible I think.
I'm a jeans and sweater gal mainly. Work is essentially computer based. But I really do want something I can put on and forget about - except in a good way of course!

Anyhow, I have a clearer idea now and I'm very grateful :wink2:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Hey there Laughinggravy

just adding my experience...

my culet sits about 1.5mm above the bridge and is 7mm from finger to table top

I very rarely take my ring off and in the 2 years I have had it - I have only caught it on something badly once or twice

considering I am so clumsy - that's pretty good for me - as I tend to talk with my hands!!

as Coati mentions - this setting is so delicate in person - but very sturdy

be sure to let us know what you decide

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results