shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

tnt10

Rough_Rock
Re: Mens Ring Eyecandy Folder

Thanks for the positive replies. I'm just mesmerized by this ring, and center stone. The sparkle and fire is far superior to anything I've yet seen in person. (It rates a 1.0 on the HCA, and falls within the AGS0 parameters).
Here's a couple of more pics, can you tell I'm experimenting with the camera??
thanks,
tnt

p1010879.jpg

p1010875.jpg

p1010883.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Get outside and take some pics under a tree with the sun out ;-) :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

needfullshinythings|1402761795|3693165 said:
Firstly let me say how amazed I am with the array of rings on show in this thread :appl: I have long considered having a personal piece made without ever having much idea want I really want. This was a ring I bought last year, sadly it didn't fit and due to the style a resize was not possible. I soooooooo wish I hadn't sold it :angryfire: It was 22k yellow gold with a hammered finish, the aquamarine was a lovely colour IMO it reminded me of a rockpool. sorry but I cant remember the exact details as I have deleted all but 2 pictures of it, the stone was about 4ct. The ring was totally devoid of any hallmarks/ makers marks, it reminded me of old ancient greek/roman rings. Maybe it was :(( Due to its style I have decided to go with this design, maybe in platinum with a hammered finish instead :twirl:

Needfullshinythings -

That ring is STUNNING. The style, color and finishes - just perfection. I hope you find something just as beautiful again one day soon.

tnt10

Rough_Rock

OoohShiny|1403028638|3695084 said:

This is the best I could do for now...... Will try again later....
Thanks
tnt

p1010893.jpg

p1010903.jpg

pbr

Rough_Rock

tnt10|1403054915|3695401 said:
OoohShiny|1403028638|3695084 said:

This is the best I could do for now...... Will try again later....
Thanks
tnt

beautiful

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the exterior facets being visible in that latter pic :)

MT7799

Rough_Rock

Finally arrived!! - Vintage 1900's Russian ring that I tweaked to work with a .27 AVR from GOG (E - VS2) in 18k unplated WG

Inspiration:
mens_ring_3_0.jpg

My concept:

customring_2.jpg

End Product:

finring2.jpg
finring.jpg
finring3.jpg
img_0155_1.jpg
img_0153_0.jpg
img_0154_0.jpg
img_0157_0.jpg
img_0142.jpg
img_0146_0.jpg
img_0147_0.jpg
img_0149_0.jpg

I know in some pictures the octogon bezel doesnt look square / even, however it really is just due to the angles and shadows of the picture... in person it is even.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Oh my!!! What a great ring. The detail is amazing!!!! Great result. :appl:
Enjoy!!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Had my OEC remake. 0.65ct O colour OEC. with Hierglyphics representing my parents.

The hierglyphic of the letter C for my Dad

The hierglyphic of the letter G for my mum

45825_10152212943532896_4384233007987890902_0.jpg

the_letter_0.jpg

the_letter_1.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the simplicity of the design, and the added meaning makes it even better :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Thanx oooh shiny. i cant wait to see what your ring looks like..

bankmind80

Rough_Rock

photo__3__14.jpg :mrgreen:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

My FI 6mm double milgrain in platinum from tiffany. He wears a size 9 for his knuckle lol. Never held such a ring that was so HEAVY!
_11795_1.jpg
_11796_1.jpg

atropis88

Rough_Rock

I just got this ring and while I really like it and it fits nice, I'm starting to think it may be a bit feminine... what do y'all think?

image_46.jpg

image_47.jpg

photo__8989_.jpg

image_48.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

How does it make you feel? If there is any doubt on how YOU feel about the ring, then exchange/ return it. O'wise that doubt will nag at you ALL the time.

I am amassing a few rings myself with 2 solitaires, and a full eternity ring.... But i also wear diamond earrings...
It really depends on how YOU feel. many will give you their opinion and if that helps you make that decision, great.

My opinion matters little but since you have asked... the ring isnt something that i would normally pick as it doesn't have bling!! LOL.
However, as a ring that sits on your finger and the overall look on the hand- i think it looks fine. Is it inline with your character- only you can tell with that.

Good luck in your decision making. Have fun!!!

tnt10

Rough_Rock

Finally caught a few of the colors in my ring, (must look at it a hundred times a day!!)
Thanks for all the previous kind words.
tnt

_20800.jpg

_20801.jpg

_20802.jpg

_20803.jpg

Hbrown

Rough_Rock

I finnally have Bling Back! She was remade a little larger and weighs a lot more. Same stones, 42 total, 2.77 ct center stone, 5 stones around .6 ct, 2 trillion cut diamonds. She is 7.53 ct total, made in 14 kt yellow gold. Bling has allways been my lefthand ring.

But now Bling is not alone. She now has a little brother. His name is Blang. Yeah I know, Bling and Blang. Blang has a 1.26 ct center stone, 4 stones that are around .5 ct each, 15 stones total, in a 14kt yellow gold setting. 3.53 ct total. Of course Blang is my right hand ring.

Ex wife is not happy. She say's Bling is gaudy! I like it , so that is all that counts. I admit that the diamond at the bottom is different, but it does serve a purpose. I turn it around when needed as to not offend anyone with much smaller diamonds. I have seen some of the ex's friends look at their rings and at their husbands ,back at their rings, to the husbands face. and at that point I walk away! Sometimes very fast! Who am I kidding? I RUN AWAY!

My rings make me HAPPY, I love the sparkle and flashes of color, I love the look of them in sunshine. I am a man that just loves diamonds. There I SAID IT!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

So hbrown- where are the pics? There is no proof until there are pics! Lol

Hbrown

Rough_Rock

Apparently, I can not download pictures without the Domain changing and not allowing pictures to load.

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Here's a recent acquisition. . . platinum and diamond ring made in the 1920s that has remained intact and unaltered! I just purchased it from the granddaughter of the man who had it made for himself after a diamond buying trip to Europe. . . It appears to be missing the calibre cut side stones (probably synthetic sapphires) that I may have restored. An early ideal/modern round brilliant stone that is very lively! Estimated to be 2.17 carats H/I/J VS. . . I chose not to have it unset as I didn't want to disturb an original setting.

_21455.jpg _21457.jpg side_41.jpg _21460.jpg _21456.jpg

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

I posted these in the vintage and antiques forum but I thought I'd put some more here. I can't stop taking pictures of this!
photo_859.jpg photo_858.jpg

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

nice, nice...

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Hi Greg,
Yes, I need my head examined. . . I love love love that light yellow diamond I bought from Erica but my first ring is now being made a third time and the CADs I tried to work up for that art deco ring I wanted to copy just never came out particularly well so I sort of gave up on the project when I discovered this ring on ebay! I contacted the seller after if failed to sell and exchanged messages and received photos. Not originally the flavor that I was looking for but I was intrigued by the ring's history. The sellers grandfather had it made for himself in the 1920s after a buying trip for diamonds in Europe. The stone has never been removed since the ring was made so this appears to be an early Tolk type ideal. . . I wonder if it was Antwerp where this was purchased. . . I am planning on sending this to Single Stone to have the side sapphires restored. . .I love the fact that it is an early example of the modern style and I love its performance. . . much flashier than the more moody oec!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Hey Bluelotus,

So, sorry to hear that your OEC is going back for a 3rd time. I hear you... mine came back after a 5th time (3 times with the first jeweller on the east coast and i got my money back & 2x with the local jeweller); and i must say i love it. it isnt exactly what i had anticipated, but the jeweler has done a fantastic job and i love what he did with it. if after the 3rd time the ring doesnt work for you, i am hoping that you are going to be offered a full refund as they did not do it right.

As for the light yellow from Erica.. that looks nice... but sad that your project didnt come to fruition.

Your ebay buy= I totally agree about the sapphires being re-instated into the piece.. IT will look BLOODY FABULOUS, if i say so myself. i have always coveted that kind of design- older cut diamond with sapphire sides. i tried with my light yellow OEC, but there were just too many colours at play that it wouldnt work well.

As for head being examined- you are asking the wrong guy!!! I firmly believe, with diamonds, there are certain things that make us go YUMMY and must have and this ebay ring that you have says that for you.. the history, the sentiment, the age... everything.. so it is a great buy. And there are certain diamonds that you buy in the spur of the moment as it spoke to you there and then... later you find that it doesnt speak to you. That is ok.. time changes your perception and therefore what you like today, may not be what you like later. It is all trial and error.... Some of us are fortunate enough to 'play' with these likes and dislikes....

Moody OEC- BAH!!!! give her to me then! I will look after her for you.... :)
I will take an OEC over a MRB anyday... i just love the flowery pattern and broad flashes. That is just me. I love step cuts too... yummy... anyway.. hope to see more pics of your completed ring after SS has restored it!!!!

DoctorD

Rough_Rock

Hbrown|1407007708|3725038 said:
I finnally have Bling Back! She was remade a little larger and weighs a lot more. Same stones, 42 total, 2.77 ct center stone, 5 stones around .6 ct, 2 trillion cut diamonds. She is 7.53 ct total, made in 14 kt yellow gold. Bling has allways been my lefthand ring.

But now Bling is not alone. She now has a little brother. His name is Blang. Yeah I know, Bling and Blang. Blang has a 1.26 ct center stone, 4 stones that are around .5 ct each, 15 stones total, in a 14kt yellow gold setting. 3.53 ct total. Of course Blang is my right hand ring.

Ex wife is not happy. She say's Bling is gaudy! I like it , so that is all that counts. I admit that the diamond at the bottom is different, but it does serve a purpose. I turn it around when needed as to not offend anyone with much smaller diamonds. I have seen some of the ex's friends look at their rings and at their husbands ,back at their rings, to the husbands face. and at that point I walk away! Sometimes very fast! Who am I kidding? I RUN AWAY!

My rings make me HAPPY, I love the sparkle and flashes of color, I love the look of them in sunshine. I am a man that just loves diamonds. There I SAID IT!

I think it's weird that it seems to take so much courage for men to say they like diamonds! I have a few friends whose friendships are based on our mutual enjoyment of diamond jewelry. We know we're in the minority. I joined the site a few years ago hoping to contact other men who feel as we do. When we get together, we often discuss others' reactions to our jewelry -- positive and negative.

We think the response to "Bling is gaudy" is that, like beauty, gaudy is in the eye of the beholder. I think jealousy is behind some negative comments. They may criticize a $50,000 wedding ring, but if you gave it to them, they'd wear it with pride. For the small percentage of guys who like jewelry, the passion seems very strong.

If you live in Los Angeles, perhaps you'd like to meet or join our group. Our ages range from 36 to 52. We often meet up for lunch at restaurants with outdoor dining to enjoy sunlight on our bling Sometimes just the guys, sometimes with our wives. Sometimes we go to sports games or gentlemen's clubs.

I was confused by the discussion about your photos not working. By clicking on the "see user's posts" next to your name, your earlier thread with your amazing photos and ring came up:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-someone-please-help-me-with-the-value-of-this-ring.190245/#post-3465426#p3465426..']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-someone-please-help-me-with-the-value-of-this-ring.190245/#post-3465426#p3465426....[/URL]. I'd be interested in seeing your new right-hand ring.

Let me say that is an amazing, MAGNIFICENT ring! I plan to show the pics to my jewelers to see if we might come up with a similar design. In all the years of wearing and looking at men's diamond rings, I've never thought of having a diamond in the shank! Very creative.

Sorry to hear about the ex-wife's attitude. Is that part of the reason she's an ex?

I didn't follow your little story about other wives and husbands looking at your rings making you want to run away, I don't get it. You don't like the attention(?)

My latest purchase is cufflinks with 4-carat center stones, surrounded by 2 carats of smaller stones.

rings_cufflinks.jpg

Hbrown

Rough_Rock

Your style is crisp! The cut of your clothing and rings compliment each other perfectly!

I am wearing both of my rings now as I type this. It is most distracting, every time my fingers move my eyes involuntarily go to my rings. The compact flourecent light above my keyboard gives me just the right amount of sparkle. If my lighting was Halogen , nothing would be typed, at least not legible, because of the distraction.

I will try again to post Bling and Blang, The rings and spectacular diamonds that I have seen in this post makes me feel that I am not alone in my love of diamonds.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DoctorD|1408916893|3738650 said:

I think it's weird that it seems to take so much courage for men to say they like diamonds! I have a few friends whose friendships are based on our mutual enjoyment of diamond jewelry. We know we're in the minority. I joined the site a few years ago hoping to contact other men who feel as we do. When we get together, we often discuss others' reactions to our jewelry -- positive and negative.

We think the response to "Bling is gaudy" is that, like beauty, gaudy is in the eye of the beholder. I think jealousy is behind some negative comments. They may criticize a $50,000 wedding ring, but if you gave it to them, they'd wear it with pride. For the small percentage of guys who like jewelry, the passion seems very strong.

If you live in Los Angeles, perhaps you'd like to meet or join our group. Our ages range from 36 to 52. We often meet up for lunch at restaurants with outdoor dining to enjoy sunlight on our bling Sometimes just the guys, sometimes with our wives. Sometimes we go to sports games or gentlemen's clubs.

I was confused by the discussion about your photos not working. By clicking on the "see user's posts" next to your name, your earlier thread with your amazing photos and ring came up:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-someone-please-help-me-with-the-value-of-this-ring.190245/#post-3465426#p3465426....']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-someone-please-help-me-with-the-value-of-this-ring.190245/#post-3465426#p3465426......[/URL]. I'd be interested in seeing your new right-hand ring.

Let me say that is an amazing, MAGNIFICENT ring! I plan to show the pics to my jewelers to see if we might come up with a similar design. In all the years of wearing and looking at men's diamond rings, I've never thought of having a diamond in the shank! Very creative.

Sorry to hear about the ex-wife's attitude. Is that part of the reason she's an ex?

I didn't follow your little story about other wives and husbands looking at your rings making you want to run away, I don't get it. You don't like the attention(?)

My latest purchase is cufflinks with 4-carat center stones, surrounded by 2 carats of smaller stones.

rings_cufflinks.jpg

Do you have more realistic photos? all the ones you post appear photoshopped.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1408935480|3738789 said:
DoctorD|1408916893|3738650 said:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-someone-please-help-me-with-the-value-of-this-ring.190245/#post-3465426#p3465426......']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/an-someone-please-help-me-with-the-value-of-this-ring.190245/#post-3465426#p3465426........[/URL]. I'd be interested in seeing your new right-hand ring.

rings_cufflinks.jpg

Do you have more realistic photos? all the ones you post appear photoshopped.
lol

I was afraid to say it myself but I agree :lol:

Have you just applied some sort of filter to the non-diamond parts of the picture, in order to make them stand out more?

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock

Hello again Greg,
Yes, I very well may need to abandon the outfit that is remaking my OEC ring AGAIN for the third time. They seem to keep having problems with fissures developing in the castings. I had just checked in on round 2 a week ago last Friday and it looked really good so I was surprised to discover that there were problems again. Let's see how things go this week.

It's funny, the platinum vintage/antique ring purchase was totally unplanned but really feels like it was meant to be. I think I would have been less interested in having an early round brilliant if I hadn't purchased that beautiful light yellow stone from Erica as I still love the earlier cuts better. The history on the ring made it especially compelling and the fact that the ring size is perfect also made me feel like it was fate. And I admit, I am loving the cut. It is certainly much more splintery and flashy than the OEC but it exhibits alot of fire and has great contrast with an overall pattern that looks great in most lighting. The only mystery is the girdle thickness as it is sunk into the setting. If it is a true early Tolk, it likely has a knife edge girdle. That would explain the way in which it has been set to maximize protection from chipping. . .

I wish we had a Philly group of men who'd enjoy meeting to share jewelry. . .

DoctorD

Rough_Rock

_20803.jpg

How do you get photos like this one? Professional photographer?

I stated in another post that I apply "soften" to everything except the jewelry in the photos I have, although I've never tried the Photoshop program. In some photos posted by others, the huge magnification of the hair and skin pores is distracting, and kind of ugly, in my opinion. That's not how our eyes see things. I've only been on this site a few times in two or three years, probably because I prefer to appreciate both men's and women's jewelry moving around in real life than looking at a computer screen. My intent is more to learn about societal values and people's views on real-life situations regarding the wearing of jewelry, particularly by men. Perhaps pick up a couple of ways to deal with negative reactions and to share feelings with like-minded individuals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results