shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet my stock halo

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
So I am trying a halo. I love my previous setting and I kept it but bc it was so frustrating to find a band, I started looking at other options. So there you have it. I can't say that I'm 100 percent happy with it but for a stock halo, this might be as close as I can come to a nice halo.
2.24 j egl USA vs2 on a size 5.75
image_1500.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I for one absolutely love it! I love the cushion shape and I think the melee are the right size for your center diamond. I also really like the split shank. And I think it looks amazing with your bands. I know you're going to get varying answers, seems like a decent amount of people prefer solitaires on PS, but what can I say - I love finger coverage and this is a look that just really pleasing to my eye! :halo:

But…I dunno…you don't sound thrilled! The important thing is that you really love it. What about the halo bothers you?

And how about some more pics? Would love to see it at more of a distance.

eta: just saw your other pic. Looks great to me!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! Great finger coverage.

Do you get points with your jewelry if you come in often to reset? :bigsmile: Just kidding. I'd love to find a jewelry store that let's customers change their minds that often :appl: If they can come up with settings that you can swap out center stones on your own, that'd be even better :Up_to_something:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the halo looks good but you don't sound thrilled. Love the 2 stacking bands with the halo too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful halo. It has a delicate yet sturdy feel about it. The split shank is really pretty and the bands combine really well.
But I agree with the others that you do not sound thrilled. At all...
I thought you were really satisfied with the beautiful solitaire? But perhaps you got frustrated because you could not find bands to combine with it?

This is a lovely set, but you should be absolutely happy when you look at it. :wavey:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I think it is gorgeous personally. Is the profile that bugs you? I know with some stock halos the stones stick far out.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
I want to thank a of you for your lovely comments. I did love and still love my other solitaire but finding the right band made me realize that overall, it wasn't producing the entire whole package effect. So I ventured into a halo setting out of curiosity bc although I had owned halos in the past, my 2.24 hadn't been set in one and curiosity got the best of me. Also, I am eventually going to commit to a custom setting, I need to be sure that I'm ruling out the halo. My jeweler will apply the credit of this ring to the custom setting. As to what is giving me doubts: the halo seems too rectangular and the melee color to contrasting. I think I am going to opt for single cuts in my custom should I opt for a halo. For now, I'm just enjoying the bling. Boy does it get noticed. It seems the general population really has an Affinity for halos! I've gotten lots of compliments from sales people.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1396455873|3645869 said:
Well, I for one absolutely love it! I love the cushion shape and I think the melee are the right size for your center diamond. I also really like the split shank. And I think it looks amazing with your bands. I know you're going to get varying answers, seems like a decent amount of people prefer solitaires on PS, but what can I say - I love finger coverage and this is a look that just really pleasing to my eye! :halo:

[snip]

I agree with Junebug completely! It looks at home on your hand and works so well with your bands. I love it. Later on you may get a more perfectly made mount, but this is a good choice for right now.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sure looks gorgeous!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Until you find the setting that really knocks your socks off, this one is a beauty! It looks right at home with the stacked bands too. :love:

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
Again, many thanks! I need to stop scrutinizing it and start enjoying it!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

As to the bands, the irony is that I finally found a band that matches my solitaire perfectly--the bezel, single cut band--AFTER I had already reset it! But at least now I have it, in case I need to reset it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Braga, seriously my favorite setting so far. I really like it. I don't really see the contrasting colors from the pictures. Can you take more from a distance so we can see how the ring works on you whole hand??

I like the bands with it too. It all looks very pleasing to the eye. It would be my choice. What can I say? I still love cushion halos.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how much I love a split shank halo! To me they are so elegant! More pictures! pretty please! :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Braga, this setting works SO well on you! I love it! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga123|1396497792|3646381 said:

As to the bands, the irony is that I finally found a band that matches my solitaire perfectly--the bezel, single cut band--AFTER I had already reset it! But at least now I have it, in case I need to reset it!

It's a lovely set and it looks really beautiful on your hand. In the end you might like it so much that you do not even want a custom made ring anymore. I love the combination of the delicate split shank, the matching single pave band and the bezelled rounds. :love:

Please post more pics :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I really love it now especially with the new pics! It looks perfect on your hand and I just adore the split shank! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks lovely - very elegant!! I liked the solitaire too but was not loving the bands. This is great!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, love the new pics! :love: It's such a pretty setting braga, looks so well made, love it!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the group of those that really love it! :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Braga, the setting is gorgeous with your diamond. :love:
Beautiful match and even better it was stock. :appl: Wear in health and happiness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results