shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Audrey, my 2.55ct S-T OEC bundle of creamy goodness :)

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
Re: Meet Audrey, my 2.55ct S-T OEC bundle of creamy goodness

Wow - those colors really come alive! She looks massive on you - which is a bonus!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

Gemfever, what a stunning stone! You know how to pick the best of the warmer shades - that one is just beautiful! :love:

It looks perfect with the yellow gold - and HUGE on your hands!!

Congratulations on a really lovely piece of jewellery! :appl:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

I love your ring! How did I miss it? Enjoy!! ♡

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sky56|1391903089|3611055 said:
I love your ring! How did I miss it? Enjoy!! ♡

Thank you Sky! I actually don't have this ring anymore, but it was certainly an amazing stone to have on my hand for a while. (I ended up going back to my favorite color range of J-K).

And belatedly, thank you Smith! I hope to see you around PS again!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, GemFever for the update. I'm late to the party lol. Do you have a link to your current ring?

I know what you mean about color...I owned some stones a while back in the O-P range and though pretty, I gravitate now to old cuts more in the I-J-K range. The faceting pattern was unusually nice on your former stone. The pics are great.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I don't have a thread on the new ring (I actually don't even have the ring in my hands right now, but hopefully soon). It will be the exact same setting as I had for Audrey (6 prong solitaire) but in white gold. I do have a pic of the stone, which I'll post as soon as I get home :naughty:

Audrey really did have amazing faceting! My new stone is more of a classical OEC with a distinctive flower pattern.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, GemFever. Sounds nice!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Here are some pics of the new stone. It's 2.25 GIA K. The second photo is a comparison with Audrey (Audrey on the left, 2.25 on the right). In the pics it's loosely set in Audrey's old setting (I just pushed the prongs over it slightly, it's not really set).

img_1263_-_copy.jpg

img_2057_-_copy.jpg

img_0731_-_copy.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very pretty!!! I am glad you found a new fabulous stone :appl:
Love the setting as well.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

Oh GemFever! Your new stone is gorgeous!! So pretty. I have a soft spot in my heart for Audrey but this one is stunning too. Can you share your story?

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock

You can pick a stone for me any day, I love your current one though. Totally my sweet spot, I have a 2.24 K too :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemFever, you are amazing at finding fantastic stones! A GIA K, that's terrific! It's beautiful, can't wait to see it set and on your finger! :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

misskittycat|1391940982|3611330 said:
Oh GemFever! Your new stone is gorgeous!! So pretty. I have a soft spot in my heart for Audrey but this one is stunning too. Can you share your story?

+1

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks for your nice words Sky, Acinom, misskittycat, backwardsandinheels, junebug, and SparklyOEC!

As for my story... well, I've been through too many OECs to list (at least 4 that were actually set and worn, and a couple more that I saw and returned immediately). The process of acquiring Audrey and getting her certed and trying to get used to the color, then resetting her into a bezel (which I really loved) but still not quite feeling the low color and big size.... by the time I sold Audrey, I was really ready for a break. And I wanted to downsize but go higher in color. I wasn't even really looking when a PS friend pointed out a promising ebay stone to me. It was bigger than I thought I wanted, but the price was close to my budget so I decided to take a chance.

That's the story of the 2.25 (which I named Sonya). I wasn't quite emotionally (or financially after the loss I took with Audrey *and* after buying back my original 1ct OEC for sentimental reasons) ready for her, but so many things are perfect about her (high crown, nice culet, fiery, white enough, good clarity, kozibe just like I like, no over-darkness, overall liveliness) that I'm really hoping to stick with this one for a decent amount of time! ;)) Seriously, after Audrey I'm not ringing the "forever stone" bell again! I still hope to eventually grow to love a stone for many years, but I don't want to jinx it with Sonya.

Here's another pic I really love. Can't wait to have this stone properly set and on my finger!

img_1245_-_copy.jpg

img_0846_-_copy.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock

I love her petaly facets GemFever. She is beautiful. Audrey made me want a lower coloured OEC so bad but this stone is sto bright and pastelly, she is just stunning! I really hope she is your forever stone.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I think Sonya s stunning still.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks misskittycat!

Charmy, I have to agree! :naughty: And thank you for connecting me with Sonya, your gut feeling about this pretty stone was spot on! I am just dying to have her on my hand, maybe next week or on Presidents' Day at the latest (knock on wood).

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Great! Thanks for posting your new stone, GemFever. It is gorgeous!! Enjoy! ♡

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my, another stunner. Pretty as she was, Audrey just wasn't exactly what you wanted, huh.
Love your new beauty with your plain band and French cut band. Amazing.

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Sonya is amazing, but then again Audrey was also pretty spectacular. You did good girl! :appl:

Rika

Rough_Rock

Wowee! :twirl: Beautiful! I love your stack AND the yellow gold! :love: :love: :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

GemFever, have I missed something? You are selling Sonya :shock: ?I hardly can wait what You have on Your mind :wavey:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Confection10|1396976611|3649789 said:
GemFever, have I missed something? You are selling Sonya :shock: ? Some one else has Blinded You?I hardly can wait :wavey:

Hi Confection :)) Yes, I'm selling Sonya. She's lovely, but I want whiter. And smaller. Around 1.7ct would be ideal but I might just stick to my 1ct J OEC. It's PS blasphemy, I know. :-o I've been trying really hard not to look while Sonya is up for sale, because I can't afford to buy anything until she sells. But I've been daydreaming about all kinds of different cuts, and settings... haloed emerald cuts... bezeled oval cuts... who knows where I'll end up. ::)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

Girl's got to do what girl's got to do :lol: . I'm here waiting for Your next step. Exciting!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Confection10|1396977294|3649794 said:
Girl's got to do what girl's got to do :lol: . I'm here waiting for Your next step. Exciting!!!

Thanks! :wavey: I feel bad burning through diamonds the way I am now, but I'm still hopeful that when I find something perfect, I'll love it for many years. I do eventually want to have one amazing ring to show for all the time and effort I've put into this diamond & gemstone hobby. Almost two years now that I've been on some kind of perpetual hunt/project.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah, I understand You. My rescue is that I live in Finland; it is impossible to send valuable items covered to USA and upgrade that way. I know, if it been easier I don't have my "tiny" OEC anymore, but some bigger bling. Maybe, after couple of years, I HAVE to make a trip to US. And make an upgrade for the rest of my life :naughty:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Confection10|1396978299|3649818 said:
Yeah, I understand You. My rescue is that I live in Finland; it is impossible to send valuable items covered to USA and upgrade that way. I know, if it been easier I don't have my "tiny" OEC anymore, but some bigger bling. Maybe, after couple of years, I HAVE to make a trip to US. And make an upgrade for the rest of my life :naughty:

That would be a fun trip! :naughty: You totally should make it happen!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

We'll see :wavey:

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock

Gem, you are not easy to keep up with, but it will be fun to see what you do next. That latest stone is spectacular.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful OEC!!!! I love the facet pattern....so mesmerizing!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results