shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Audrey, my 2.55ct S-T OEC bundle of creamy goodness :)

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Meet Audrey, my 2.55ct S-T OEC bundle of creamy goodness

Gem, your Audrey is classy and graceful like Hepburn, but she's no skinny girl. Your Audrey looks quite hefty on your hand. :naughty:
I can understand your shock when you saw the color as the Ebay photos look so white, but many of your photos also look very white. Old cuts are tricky, right?
While I agree that the seller, intentially or not, misled about color, I can see why you still love this beauty. I've never shopped a stone that size, but I'm guessing that you made a good deal anyway. Hope that's how you feel.
I also prefer your solitaire setting, but my that original one is amazing. You may not be able to let it go.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock

ARE. YOU. FREAKING. KIDDING. ME. with that FACETING right now!!! :lickout: :love:

Sweet baby jesus you have one of the most beautifully faceted stones I've seen!!! and in that yellow gold setting...she looks right at home. I LOVE the lightish yellow color...soooo dreamy!!! With her bold and beautiful voluptuous faceting, color and SIZE...she may be more a Marilyn!

In all seriousness though, that's too bad the seller was such a wanker...where is the honor these days!! :angryfire: you should leave a super honest review on the website.

anyway...wear her in good health..she certainly is stunning!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Just coming back to drool again! :lickout:

The new pictures are amazing. I absolutely adore your collections!!!! Nothing beats gorgeous old cuts and yummy yellow gold! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

AnnaH -- thanks :)) I paid about retail for the stone, which is ok. I'm just used to thinking that if you go through ebay you pay less, so it stung a little when I went through ebay (which means no upgrades, no free shipping, non of the perks you get when you actually buy from a large retail vendor like OWD or JbEG) and still paid retail pricing. But that's ok, because Audrey is really a keeper :))

You're right about the setting. I may have a hard time letting it go! Maybe I'll just keep it :devil: Later on I will find a beautiful sapphire and rock that baby.

Thank you GoldFish!!! She's certainly fabulous, but she's Audrey because her table facets are pretty slender for an OEC. They may look kinda big in some pics, but IRL to my eyes they make either a slender flower, an average snowflake, or fat arrows. There I go, throwing around my OEC jargon :lol:

thank you so much armywife! ::)

img_4835.jpg

img_4845.jpg

img_4901.jpg

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock

She is beautiful!!! The original setting was very pretty, but she sings in her new setting!!! Wear it in great health!!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

GF, your ring is STUNNING!!! If I were to ever get a YG piece, it would definitely be with a lower color stone like that, it's such a killer combination and they each compliment each other wonderfully! I think you found a gem here, and I'm glad you made the best out of something you weren't quite expecting. The diamond is GORGEEOOUUUUS and you did right with it in a simple YG setting. I hope you wear it good health, it looks great on you!

blingymo

Shiny_Rock

Woo Hoo! I knew it would be to die for with the frenchies!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: After all, I AM blingy :lickout: ! Thanks Gem :wavey: - I will leave you alone now, but I think that pic needs to go right in my inspiration folder!!! :love: :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I lOVE it all stacked together - yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much Elisateach, sweetpea&babycorn, blingymo, and motownmama! :D

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

wow gorgeous!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

wow gorgeous!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I thought I posted, but apparently not! Love the cut on your new lovely. I'm sorry about the ebay situation; we know its risky but it stil stings to get bitten.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks Skippy!

Dreamer, I'm glad you posted. I was beginning to get worried you didn't like Audrey :cheeky: Thanks for the nice words!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

GemFever|1379730104|3524548 said:
Dreamer, I'm glad you posted. I was beginning to get worried you didn't like Audrey :cheeky: Thanks for the nice words!

haha! No, just swamped at work and mostly lurking. Its a lovely cut. It reminds me a little of Charmypoo's stone and also perhaps ForteKitty's -- where they have slightly longer lower halves creating thinner facets in the center, but without the super-precise symmetry that would create more of an arrow look. The end result is a very randomness to the facet pattern. I think is a big reason why this style of cut doesn't tend to have issues with obstruction or leakage -- all the facets are active so randomly that you don't have large regions all going dark at once. Maybe it makes no sense :lol: But its a goodie! I know why you like it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Super fabulous! I love the setting! Patience paid off!!! And a little perseverance!! :love: :cheeky: :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks Dreamer, I think you are exactly right about the faceting.

Thank you Mayk!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock

Maybe late but glad I came like honey Audrey is just beautiful. I think it is my first s-t . but I love the warmer colors also. Wear her in good health

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hello! I love the new setting it is beautiful.. sorry for the color concern... but your reset has made this diamond come alive..! love it.. can I ask you what you do with all the little diamonds in the setting you no longer use? thanks! I hope you are happy with the reset because it is gorgeous.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you heididdl! It's my first S-T as well ::)

Tekate -- thanks! I am not going to remove the small diamonds from the original setting, I'm keeping it intact. It's up for sale, but if it doesn't sell I will keep it and put something like a sapphire in there.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness this stone is just beautiful! Her faceting is gorgeous and I could stare at your pics all day long. Wonderful and congratulations even though you had difficulty I think she is worth it! :love:

Midsommer

Rough_Rock

She's beautiful :love:

Also so glad you have found your "it's the one" stone

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad I came back!!! Your beautiful stone is stunning in YG!!!! :love: :love:
A very elegant piece. Love the 6 pointy prongs.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

It's gorgeous, Gem!! So glad you found a stone that makes you swoon! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much redwood66, Acinom, Midsommer, and star sparkle!

I had some time today to organize my new photos (still in that honeymoon stage where I'm often snapping pics on my phone) --

img_2153.jpg

img_5141.jpg

img_2154.jpg

img_5484.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

a few more pics :halo:

img_5514.jpg

img_5662_-_copy.jpg

img_2155.jpg

img_5107__2_.jpg

missymoo

Shiny_Rock

Well HELLO Audrey!! Aren't you just the prettiest thing ever ?!? :love: :love:

That just does not look like an S-T stone. I love both settings and would love to see a gorgeous gem stone in the knockout antique setting!!! I think the yellow gold makes her look like she BELONGS!!!

Seriously, what dreamer said about the cut..... awesome! :appl: :appl: :appl:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! But you already know I love this diamond!! ;-) The pattern is just perfect.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks missymoo! The S-T color is actually quite fun, very temperamental. Keeps me on my toes, but in a good way and I'm really enjoying it! Not sure I'd want to see it contrasted against whiter stones, but as a solitaire it's very fun.

FK! ::) Thank you, that means a lot to me!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love :love: :love: :love: the new pics, absolutely yummy!! Dang, I love the size of that stone on your hand, it looks awesome!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much Junebug! :))

So I really thought I've posted all the pics I could post, and really I considered feeling bad for spamming my own thread with pics, but.... I just can't resist! Still in the honeymoon stage where I want to take pics all the time.

Plus, today a fun thing happened with Audrey. At sunset, she turned an interesting greenish color. I really enjoyed it and spent about half an hour trying to capture the color. I'm pretty sure this greenish tint happened because of her low body color, which is proving to be quite captivating! :bigsmile:

img_5987.jpg

img_5796__2_.jpg

img_5900__2_.jpg

img_5954.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results