shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet Audrey, my 2.55ct S-T OEC bundle of creamy goodness :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Meet Audrey, my 2.55ct S-T OEC bundle of creamy goodness

I've just spent the past few minutes lost in the beautiful faceting of this stone!!! :love: You sure know how to pick 'em GemFever! I love the overall brightness of it, how much sparkle it has, and I think the color is beautiful - Yum! Your pics are amazing too - sorry about that seller, she is so clearly in the wrong - but the good news is you love the stone and it looks fabulous on your hand! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stone! :love: I love the original setting, too!

mimB

Shiny_Rock

The more I look at the photos, the more I appreciate Audrey's faceting. It's definitely something, my newbie eyes decided - and it looks to me like the 6 prongs work especially well with this faceting. They totally complement the starry quality of the faceting pattern :)

In the second to last batch, you have a photo where you say the stone looks like 14K yellow gold. It never occurred to me, but the stone looks beautiful like that! I think it works especially with your skin tone. That color just blends in so well! (I mean, unless you're specifically paying attention to thinking "that color is yellow")
Do you think if the stone was less colored then you wouldn't get this blending, and instead it would just look like a strange contrast? Or would whiter have been better in either case?
(Let me know if I'm not explaining myself well enough here)

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Audrey is classic, timeless, perfect! It certainly goes to show that cut is more important than color -- I'd take a gorgeous warmy like Audrey over an icy white poorly cut stone anyday! I love the original setting, but I think I actually like her better in your simple solitaire. The original setting cries out for a sapphire!

She looks amazing on you! Wear her in good health and with much happiness!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gem, I came back for more. I just love your stone and the entire set, really! Can you please tell me where you got your yellow gold solitaire and plain wedding band? Is the plain band 3mm? Thanks!

You have such a good eye for picking OECs!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Audrey is gorgeous! I love her color and the way she reflects light and color. I can see why you love her. It was a win regardless of the unethical seller. I would definitely leave a very negative feedback. The stone is a keeper anyway. It is beautiful. I love her in the solitaire.
Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

KR

Rough_Rock

Beautiful stone! It faces up so white when set. Hardly looks like an S-T at all when set. Such beautiful faceting. A stunner for sure!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you so much everyone! I will respond in detail tonight (busy day at work), but I wanted to say how much I appreciate all your wonderful comments. :))

Audrey says hello :rodent:

img_4711_-_copy.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love Audrey and your new set!! Curious if you're going to put a colored stone in Audrey's original setting?

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock

Really, really pretty stone - looks great in either setting and stunning on your finger. Many congratulations! Wear her in good health.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

GORGEOUS!!!! :appl: :love:

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock

Wow, that is a BEAUTIFUL stone! Sorry about the crappy seller, but I'm glad you kept the stone!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I saw that one on ebay and even had it in my favorites. If I knew it was as gorgeous as it is in your photos, I would have grabbed it. Absolutely beautiful. I am in awe at what good eyes some of you have for picking such wonderful OECs.

blingymo

Shiny_Rock

Gemfever, congratulations on finding the stone you have been searching for so long to find!! :appl: Audrey has an amazing cut - I just want to sit and examine her like she's a puzzle with all those facets fitting together precisely and perfectly! She's fabulous! It is amazing how her color swings widely - in some pictures she is so white and in others so warm - it's like having several diamonds! I especially love the pics with the pink flowers - wow! And with your french band you are rocking that rock - you went so big this time - great upgrade in size! Can you do a pic with the french band, the plain gold band, and the solitaire. I think that would be gorgeous and you can pull off all that BLING! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

What a spectacular stone!!! And I love how she looks in the simple YG solitaire.

(Are you going to sell the original setting? I have a feeling many of us would be interested!).

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

movie zombie -- thank you!

Acinom -- thank you! I'm so glad too! :rodent:

hathalove -- thanks for your comment, I also hope you'll have an OEC one day! Everyone should have one, big or small, they are so fun. ::) I personally find it so captivating how every single one has a different personality.

Thanks MakingTheGrade!

Confection -- :bigsmile: thank you! I can't wait to see your OEC in its new setting!

Circe!!! I'm so glad you saw my thread, and here are the frenchies too! (below). I am going to be re-watching Roman Holiday and feeling fabulous, maybe this weekend... ::)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-very-own-yellow-gold-frenchie-ring.193362/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-very-own-yellow-gold-frenchie-ring.193362/[/URL]

Alex T -- Thanks! I can understand why the seller sold her as a K, since she had previously bought it as a K and then it had been appraised as a K. The stone can face up very white, old cuts are tricky that way. But you can't really argue with GIA lab (well, you could... maybe within one grade. That would still put Audrey at Q-R!). But hey, I can still reap the benefits of a stone that tricked the appraiser and shows a very soft shade of white most of the time ::)

kalomeli -- thank you! :))

missy -- thanks! The stone really does have something of Audrey Hepburn to my eyes, and I love that!

I don't mind posting the seller's ebay username, it's dbarrus819. She's a private seller though, so it's unlikely that she'll be selling a lot more on ebay. I finally left negative feedback today... it felt a little weird, considering how much I love Audrey. But as I wrote to her in a message -- if I were a buyer and considered making a major purchase from her... I'd want to know what her selling ethics are like.

lknvrb4 -- thank you!

yennyfire -- thanks! Exactly, what matters is how much I adore her. I guess to me, faceting and performance trumps everything else in the end.

Niel -- thanks!

valmanin -- LOL, you know it! I fell in love with a biggie warmie :bigsmile: Except... she doesn't feel so big anymore. Is that bad? How did it happen? I'm not sayin' I want bigger, but... what is this shifting diamond perception? 8)

Thank you SB! :))

armywife13 -- thank youuu ::) I gotta say, I cannot wait until your new cushion gets its own SMTB thread! I think it may rival Audrey in the very scientific measure of "facet prettiness." ;))

nowicanseethemoon -- thank you! I think the setting she came in may not have been the "original" original. The seller told me that when she bought it, it was sold as 2.55ct, so I'm thinking the shop that sold it to her mounted the stone because they knew the correct weight. It is a beauty! Too fancy for me though. ::)

bastetcat -- thank you! I know I posted too many pics, but i want to take more, really fun and pretty ones like yours are!

rubyshoes -- thanks!

Catmom -- thank you!

gregchang -- thank you!!

iluvshinythings -- thanks ::) I think all the negative karma is getting cancelled out by how much I'm enjoying my stone! :bigsmile: Feeling very happy. So the negative eBay feedback should be about the end of it . ;))

junebug17 -- thank you so much! I love getting lost in the faceting myself 8)

thanks DS!

mimB -- when I'm a little less busy with work, we must get together so you can examine the color for yourself ;)) Your sharp eye for color is exactly right -- the stone does blend with 14K YG in certain lighting environments (such as the beige interior of a car, or any place with a strong beige component and warm light). I enjoy this and think it's pretty cool. I don't actually perceive the color of 14K YG as yellow, so I never see the stone being yellow either. It's either creamy or golden or beige (or white, silvery, etc). It's a range I like. But the stone was this way even before it went into yellow gold, so I think it has something to do with the body color of the diamond.

IE_Princess -- thank you!! I agree, a beautiful warmie trumps less beautiful everything else :cheeky: And you're right about the setting crying out for a sapphire!! If only I could afford an 8.5mm perfect blue sapphire (oh, so, so broke now! Feels good to quit spending though. I even started packing my lunches, which ends up being not only cheaper, but healthier :rodent: ). Anyway. That perfect blue sapphire...

Laila -- thank you for your first comment, and for coming back!! To me that's like the best compliment ever. I revisit my favorite threads pretty often ::) My band is a 3mm comfort fit, and the setting was made by a friend who has an Etsy shop. She gets the components in the NYC diamond district and has a bench there put them together. I'm pretty sure she does this only as a favor for me though, because she doesn't want to get into dealing with other people's diamonds (too expensive and she doesn't have insurance, too risky for her to take on the work, not a huge profit margin either).

luv2sparkle -- thank you. She sure is a keeper!

KR -- thank you! I haven't seen any other S-Ts in person, so I wonder if they all face up as white as Audrey. I can't say. It would be awesome if they did ;))

motownmama -- thank you! I am going to try to sell the original setting to rebuild the hole in my savings, but if it doesn't sell for close to my asking price, I will keep it and one day put a CS in there. Preferably a mind-blowing sapphire :bigsmile:

gemmyblond -- thank you so much!

lorrissey -- she is! :bigsmile: thanks!

AudiLover -- thanks! Love your avatar!

ruby59 -- Thank you! The ring had 95 watchers by the time I bought it. The seller had a very high price on it originally... then she kept coming down every time she re-listed. Finally when it was around $17K I made an offer and she countered. Then I asked her to come down if I pay via bank wire and save her the Paypal fees and she agreed. Well, lesson learned... best stick with Paypal. I got lucky that I wanted to keep Audrey anyway, otherwise I would have been in huge trouble and outside of ebay buyer protection. Anyway, all is well that ends well!

blingymo -- thank you!! It *is* like having several diamonds! So fun to learn her personality and the different "outfits" she wears on occasion. :)) I will get a pic of the three rings together one of these days (maybe this weekend), and then I'll use it as an excuse to bump this thread and post a dozen more pics ;)) Stay tuned!

Rosebloom -- thank you! The original setting is up for sale, though part of me wants to keep it. But I'm broke, so I'll try to sell. I won't sell for too cheap though, unless I really need the cash someday (knock on wood). I mean... in a couple years my tastes will probably change and I'll be wearing nicer clothes and then a fabulous RHR will be just the thing... :cheeky:

I hope I got everyone in the responses. Thank you so much, I appreciate all the comments and the love Audrey's getting!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

My oh my :shock:

My jealousy of your beautiful collection just grows and grows. :lol:

So pretty - and the faceting is just perfection. GORGEOUS. :appl: :appl: :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

lin_ny|1379472379|3522672 said:
My oh my :shock:

My jealousy of your beautiful collection just grows and grows. :lol:

So pretty - and the faceting is just perfection. GORGEOUS. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks Linny! I can't wait to see that pretty in your avatar make a reveal in SMTB! Though everything in due time.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Swoon!!! The epitome of demure and grace. Those facets are truly special. Sorry to hear about your experience, especially if she was so level headed before, but I'm glad that you ended up falling in love with her anyway :)

Tinabell

Rough_Rock

:lickout: I am drooling right now your OEC is so beautiful! It faces up pretty white on your hand. I love the warmth that it has though. It glitters like a disco ball!

CathB

Rough_Rock

Hi gemfever!

Thank you for the introduction to Audrey, she sure did put a smile on my face :love:

I didn't realise how much I love warmer coloured diamonds until I found Pricescope and Audrey just reinforced that yet again.

Thanks again for brightening up my mid-week at work :bigsmile:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

You have hit the jackpot GemFever!!! I'm still drooling over your frenchie band and then you post this :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I love the cut, the color!!! Beautiful :lickout:
Your setting choice is classic and perfect for the diamond, the other setting was lovely too but in my opinion that diamond doesn't need something so elaborate. It is the star of the show!

Did you ever sell the other oec set? The one in which the jeweler changed the prongs?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is gorgeous! I love the setting she came in!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock

pity about the ebay - but she is so beautiful! I don't even like diamonds - but if I had one like this I would mother it like crazyy :appl:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations! Audrey is a true beauty! I love the warm white, vanilla flavored color, so delicious... :tongue: And the pattern is mesmerizing, can't stop looking at the pictures! I am really happy that you found such a large, stunning OEC and that you still love her despite of the seller.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you pandabee! I'm about to post more pics of Audrey's facets ::)

Tinabell -- thanks! I always thought I wanted to stick to J-K for OECs, but I find myself loving the warmth too!

CathB -- thank you for your lovely compliment!I have to say, she brightens up my day too ::)

woofmama -- thank you! I agree about the setting. She was a little lost in the original one. I did sell the 1.54 set, I wish I didn't have to :blackeye: But I couldn't have afforded Audrey otherwise. The setting from the 1.54 set was one of my favorite settings ever.

tyty333 -- thank you!

sonyachancs -- thank you! I remember the days when I wasn't into diamonds ;)) But vintage OECs really changed that!

Thank you almondblossom! I love her vanilla shades too ::)

Well, I'm a photo fiend... so more pics! I just love pics :bigsmile:

(Blingy, there is a photo in there for you! Frenchies + wedding band + Audrey)

img_1970.jpg

img_1972.jpg

img_2312-2.jpg

img_1969.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

cont'd :rodent:

img_2354.jpg

img_1973.jpg

img_2362-2.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

Oh boy, they are SOOOO gorgeus together. Frenchies looks like gel :lickout:. They are incredibly beautiful. And I really love Your old mine earrings :love:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

I love Audrey stacked with your wedding band and frenchies! If I was you I'd wear them that way all the time; it's not too blingy.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks Confection! At this point I can say I love every single diamond piece in my collection. Now I just need a pendant... but that's a story for another year. Maybe 2014 :cheeky:

IE_Princess -- have I told you how much I love your avatar? Wow!!! I think you're right that the solitare and band aren't too blingy (esp because french cuts aren't blingy by nature), but it's not super comfortable to wear them together. Also, the frenchies are whiter, so they bring out the contrast with Audrey. I enjoy that sometimes, and other times I'd rather wear her alone. Right now I'm in the solitary-solitaire period :sun:

Some candid (i.e. cell phone) shots...

img_1974.jpg

img_4820.jpg

img_4827.jpg

img_4828.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results