shape
carat
color
clarity

LYRA, I have a question about your setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I have a stone I want to set, and I'm leaning heavily toward the pinched/tapered shank. However, most I find are Cathedral type, which I don't want. Yours looks to be very much like what I'm wanting, but it's kind of hard to tell from your pics. Am I correct in that it's not a Cathedral? And if so, is there any way you could maybe get a couple profile, close ups for me? One from the side, and one from back?

Pretty please?
5.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I''ll attempt a couple of pics tomorrow. It''s darkest night right now, and my eyes are only good until about 4pm.
41.gif

You''re right, it''s more of a mini-cathedral. The 2 sides of the shank come almost to the culet on the stone, and the head sits directly on the shank. If that made any sense. It basically sits at a medium to medium low height. It''s a no name temporary setting though, and the prongs are not pretty!
3.gif
Just utilitarian large, although they balance with the wider 3.5mm shank.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! Thank you!
36.gif

And yes, your explanation made sense. No need to apologize for the ring either.
2.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s freezing outside, so I took this pic in my basement laundry room. Ugh. Oh well, I think it shows enough detail, though nothing stunning obviously.
14.gif

lyraside.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for taking these lyra. I really do appreciate it!
2.gif

Very interesting setting, Cathredral-ish, yet not truly. Like you said, kinda "mini". I don''t think I''ve ever seen one quite like that. I like it!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results