shape
carat
color
clarity

Long overdue... ERD reset!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ERD makes the prettiest settings. I'm usually not a halo fan but these ERD halos lately really are such beauties!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously love this!! :love: It is perfect for your stone! You and junebug and kathley are really tempting me to halo mine! And I am like you in that I just can't wear a larger diamond than I have.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1382072457|3539943 said:
I'm really excited to see this, it turned out SO beautifully lia, I love everything about it!!! It's just the perfect setting for your diamond, it looks amazing on your hand, and the finger coverage is fantastic! Halos are fun, aren't they? :appl: I'm happy for you, enjoy wearing this beauty!

Thanks June!!! I'm so happy I went with a halo - the finger coverage is TDF. I'm so glad you love yours too!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1382100405|3540012 said:
I seriously love this!! :love: It is perfect for your stone! You and junebug and kathley are really tempting me to halo mine! And I am like you in that I just can't wear a larger diamond than I have.

I was concerned that the halo would push it over the top, so to speak, but I think it's the perfect size now. I say go for it!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This is very pretty. I hope you don't mind, but I added it to the ERD thread.

p_easy

Rough_Rock
Hi Lia,

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread of yours, but I've been looking at different styles of ERD settings, and I found that I was quite keen on your ring, and it has inspired me to create a ring with a beautiful milgrianed bezel halo similar to yours with ERD. Could you entertain a question please?

First off, this will be an ering my SO of four years, her ring size is 4. I have a 2ct RB that might have similar dimensions to your OEC, but I'm wondering if I placed this stone into a setting similar to yours, would it be too much coverage for a size 4 finger? I'm worried that it'd just be too big for her finger, and look off. Of course I could ask ERD to make a smaller halo, but I'm afraid it might take away from the overall beauty of the ring. Perhaps a smaller halo, wouldn't make the setting flow/look as nice.

Also, I'd most likely go with a plain shank without the bezel'd stones on the side.

Thank you for contributing your precious ring, and giving me ideas for an ering.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi p_easy! Thanks for your kind words about my ring - it was a labor of love. Honestly, it's a LOT of finger coverage. It's hard to say if it's too big for someone but it will definitely take up all of her finger real estate. If I remember correctly the halo is 1 pointers, the stone is 8.2mm and it takes up most of my finger. I'm actually in the process of downgrading my ring because I felt really ostentatious with it on a daily basis and I wasn't wearing it as much as it should have been worn!

The only tweak I would offer to the setting is I wish I hadn't enclosed the gallery so much underneath because it is difficult to clean. I based my ring on a Bev K design and IIRC they have a pretty similar style without the side bezels, which you might be interested in vs going custom. However, I have nothing but amazing things to say about ERD if you go with them. It was a great experience. Good luck! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results