shape
carat
color
clarity

London Find: Victorian Opal and Diamond Ring

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock
Hi! Traveling around Europe this month for my post-bar trip and finally relaxing after sitting for the bar exam.

First vintage ring purchase happened in London! This is a Victorian opal and diamond ring in a classic 18k yellow gold scroll setting. Never thought I'd be buying jewelry on this trip but I couldn't pass it up after seeing it. It'll be a sweet souvenir!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411864401.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411864419.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411864433.jpg

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock
Re: London Find: Victorian Opal and Diamond Ring

Not sure why the photos aren't showing up grrr

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock

Looks like the photos are showing up after all on safari, but not this tapatalk app. Oops!

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock

Deleted: this tapatalk app is really inconvenient

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh that is so pretty Snuffles Rose - Lovely opals and what a beautiful setting! You deserve something special after all that work for the bar exam! Enjoy!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is so pretty!

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock

That's quite pretty! I like opals, and I think that's an interesting look next to the diamonds. Nice find! :wavey:

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely!, what a nice momento of your travels :wavey:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Beautiful! I love the design, and the opals are of great quality.

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the kind compliments everyone :) I just got home (FINALLY!) and started comparing it to my other seven stone -- building that collection one piece at a time! Hehehe....

In hindsight the opals are a bit more milky and have less play on color than I would like, but for the price I paid it seems to be of reasonable quality. I suppose in the future I will know what to look for if I choose to buy more opals. It was the setting that really took my breath away, and I think I got distracted and didn't think to check gem quality. But the shop lady seemed nice and that made me a total sucker!

It's okay -- my twenties are for making mistakes! It'll be pretty with work outfits or even jeans and a white tee. Excited to take this baby out for a spin!

Jewelry tended to be more expensive in Europe, I found, and I went to lots of antique and vintage stores in Paris and Italy. I definitely made a stop at the Louvre Antiquaires but there weren't as many shops as I thought there would be. But it was nice that all the stores had everything displayed in the windows so I wasn't intimidated by having to go in or anything. Spent a good afternoon browsing and saw so many interesting designs.

Also interesting was an exhibit at the Victoria & Albert museum called Wedding Dresses 1890-2014. The dresses were beautiful but so were the few wedding rings they placed on display. And the actual jewelry section of the V&A is absolutely jaw-dropping.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results