shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets 'RING' in the New Year by posting your 'FIREworks' pics

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

If you’re like me, you LOVE seeing pics of all of the rings that everyone posts here that show off those blazing bursts of fire!!! :love: :love: :love:

So I thought it would be a fun way to “ring” in the New Year if everyone would post pics of their own “fire”works from their diamonds and gemstones.
I’ll start with a mini-photo session of my little sparks but I really CAN'T WAIT to see all of YOURs! :appl:

roxy_sun_fire.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Lets 'RING' in the New Year by posting your 'FIREworks'

I was trying for green and purple ...

roxy_firegreen.jpg

roxy_firepurple.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Even my little solo band wanted to try to give a little "spark".

roxy_soloband_firegreen.jpg

roxy_soloband_firewhite.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

very fun pictures!!!!

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

I'll play!

img_1530.jpg

img_419.jpg

img_420.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

AP - Can I ask how big your center on your ERING is? and the size of the sapphires?

stci

Ideal_Rock

Here is my fire ring:

gros_plan.jpg

hybridhera

Rough_Rock

Fire threads are asking for trouble =) Love everyone's fire!

ering_fire.jpg

_2728.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yay! A thread for my favorite photo :cheeky:
Loving all the "Fireworks" everyone :appl:

_2739.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

I wanna post a fire picture! But there's no sun these days! Everyone's fire pictures are so lovely!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!! I've always found the fire pics breathtaking so I'm glad you're enjoying them too! :sun: :bigsmile:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

04diamond<3 said:
AP - Can I ask how big your center on your ERING is? and the size of the sapphires?
WOW! AP, I am LOVING your ring(s)!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'd love to echo 04D's questions about your center stone and sapphires! Would you mind sharing the carat wt and dimensions of them? Also, since I'm an eternity ring junky, any info you'd like to share about your wedding band would be appreciated as well.

As a side note to everyone who's willing to share their beauties w/ the rest of us DROOLING fans. If you'd like to share a few specs along with your pics please do (we PSers love specs), however, there's no obligation to do so. You don't have to share any details in order to post, even if we beg (which we've been known to do ;)) ).

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

stci|1357079709|3345096 said:
Here is my fire ring:
OMG! The design of your ring almost looks like you have the sun on a platter!! :o :sun: :o

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

hybridhera|1357086207|3345142 said:
Oooooohhhh :o ! You’re right, these pics ARE trouble, but did you have to BLIND us … literally LOL :sun: ?? The blaze is spectacular, but that morning sunbeam is really magical. How in the world did you capture that?

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

Roxy|1357106588|3345282 said:
04diamond<3 said:
WOW! AP, I am LOVING your ring(s)!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I'd love to echo 04D's questions about your center stone and sapphires! Would you mind sharing the carat wt and dimensions of them? Also, since I'm an eternity ring junky, any info you'd like to share about your wedding band would be appreciated as well.

As a side note to everyone who's willing to share their beauties w/ the rest of us DROOLING fans. If you'd like to share a few specs along with your pics please do (we PSers love specs), however, there's no obligation to do so. You don't have to share any details in order to post, even if we beg (which we've been known to do ;)) ).

Thank you so much!!! My ering center is 1.20, sapphires are .50 ctw, and my wedding band is a 1.47 ctw 7 stone. :D

hybridhera

Rough_Rock

Roxy|1357115625|3345312 said:
hybridhera|1357086207|3345142 said:
Oooooohhhh :o ! You’re right, these pics ARE trouble, but did you have to BLIND us … literally LOL :sun: ?? The blaze is spectacular, but that morning sunbeam is really magical. How in the world did you capture that?

Roxy, the crown (or whatever you call the head/prong area) is nice and wide open and somehow the beam of light caught all around the cutlet area I guess. I have that six prong vatch crown setting and so there's just a thin 'W' swoop all around the diamond. Funny cause when I changed my setting, I kept saying "trellis" (I think the vatch crown is in the trellis family) and just pointed to one similar in their case. During the three weeks it took to mold the ring, I had completely forgotten what the hell I picked out and basically lived on these boards to cull the anxiety! I really like the way the diamond is protected all around, yet open from every angle. Light just catches in those open areas.

Fire threads are the best!

hybridhera

Rough_Rock

ETA, Roxy, by God, I love your rings! I had a half eternity band from an inheritance and boy did that thing throw fire! Beautiful fire, everyone.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here are a few of mine!

stackonbox7.jpg

stackedonbox6.jpg

amazingfire.jpg

_2747.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

RissaLou|1357103916|3345266 said:
Yay! A thread for my favorite photo :cheeky:
Loving all the "Fireworks" everyone :appl:
:love: The fire from your ring and that SETTING! :love:

I love the way your ring flows. It looks like the ering and wband fits together perfectly. Would you mind sharing a hand pic or do you have a thread I can check out? 8)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

ame|1357155241|3345618 said:
Here are a few of mine!

Ame- I have always always always been in love with your stone!!!! It's STUNNING!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Glorious photos! I love to look at (and photograph) fire pics!

My OEC in late afternoon:

sunsetlrg.jpg

imspecializd

Rough_Rock

Ame-your stone is beautiful! What are the specs, if you don't mind? That isn't a standard round brilliant cut, is it?
Thanks.

imspecializd

Rough_Rock

Ame-your stone is beautiful! What are the specs, if you don't mind? That isn't a standard round brilliant cut, is it?
Thanks.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

YT|1357104221|3345268 said:
I wanna post a fire picture! But there's no sun these days! Everyone's fire pictures are so lovely!
Oh no, you've GOT TO!!! Ok, then we’ll have to improvise because I’m DYING to see your sparkler :((. Do you have a flashlight? A car headlight? A mirror that you can tilt at an angle to shoot light from your ceiling over onto your diamond? :naughty:

You can tell that I've been taking all of my pics indoors until my very first sun pic a few days ago (it was my 1st post on this thread). There's definitely a difference between sun fire and everything else, so I'll try to be patient and hope you get some sun SOON! :))

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

imspecializd|1357174935|3345900 said:
Thanks.

It's a star129 cut from GOG I believe and I think it's a .90...I'm not ame, but I just looked up the details myself because it's so gorgeous! I'd love a 3 ct star129!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Roxy said:
YT|1357104221|3345268 said:
Oh no, you've GOT TO!!! Ok, then we’ll have to improvise because I’m DYING to see your sparkler :((. Do you have a flashlight? A car headlight? A mirror that you can tilt at an angle to shoot light from your ceiling over onto your diamond? :naughty:

You can tell that I've been taking all of my pics indoors until my very first sun pic a few days ago (it was my 1st post on this thread). There's definitely a difference between sun fire and everything else, so I'll try to be patient and hope you get some sun SOON! :))
Well, I posted some new pictures in my SMTB thread yesterday night. It has kind of a fire shot... But it's fake cuz it's with a flashlight! But I guess it'll do for now. Here it is again...dunno if you would call this a fire shot...and there's a fire shot in my thread but I don't wanna post the same pic. I will try to get some if the sun ever comes out.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357179352.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

imspecializd said:
Thanks.
Hi! Thanks!!

No mine is not a standard rb, it is a Star129, a branded 129 facet modified round. gog sells them!

It's a 1.15ct h vs1 with medium blue fluor.

I did own a .86 h si2 a while back (it was stolen) and have also owned a couple other star 129s and and h&a in the middle from theft to this one. This one is a winner though and I think Jon might end up committed to an institution if I upgrade lol!

I do think if I ever go with another cut it might be a crisscut cushion or asscher or Ashoka or MAYBE Octavia cut. But I do love this Star129 a great deal.

D

Deactivated member 42515

ame said:
imspecializd said:
Thanks.
Hi! Thanks!!

No mine is not a standard rb, it is a Star129, a branded 129 facet modified round. gog sells them!

It's a 1.15ct h vs1 with medium blue fluor.

I did own a .86 h si2 a while back (it was stolen) and have also owned a couple other star 129s and and h&a in the middle from theft to this one. This one is a winner though and I think Jon might end up committed to an institution if I upgrade lol!

I do think if I ever go with another cut it might be a crisscut cushion or asscher or Ashoka or MAYBE Octavia cut. But I do love this Star129 a great deal.
I've always wanted to see one in real life! I don't think I would know what to do with myself!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

They're pretty rad. A few folks have had the misfortune of meeting me and seeing this bad boy in person. I think they love the stone and find me generally insane ;-).

There are a few that I've seen that were duds that I think were cut in the transition between owners, and a few here and there are meh to my eyes, just like other stones, but they seem to have worked some kinks out. I hope they start buying higher clarity rough again though so that if i upgrade i dont need a custom cut. Mine is old style like my original, the VS1 is a giveaway of that. Most now areSI which would bother me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results