shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got engaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biggafish

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

I''ve been lurking on the forum for a while now....learning about diamonds and what not and I just wanted to share my engagement story!

After researching the diamond and the setting for months, I finally got the ring and proposed to my girl over Thanksgiving break. Here''s how it went down:

We went to Bali on a mini vacation for our anniversary, and I purposely rented a villa next to the beach. Upon arrival, I told her, hey let''s go take some pictures on the beach during sunset! But before we went out, I kindda dressed up a bit...and she''s like...why are you dressing up?

"Hmm, I just wanted to look nice!" lol...

Anyways, so we got to the beach, and the first thing she says..."hey there''s dog poop on the beach!" Not exactly the phrase I wanted to hear for this occasion....I blocked it out of my mind and proceeded to find a nice spot for my tripod!
2.gif

So I found a good place for the tripod, but the view was so awesome in Bali that my fiance was running around taking pictures everywhere! I had a tough time getting her to come near the tripod for some pictures of us (girls are hard to control! lol)

But finally I did! We took some pictures, then I got a book out of my backpack and gave her the anniversary gift: A book I made. Since she liked fairy tales, the book had a story about I chased after her...with some fairy tale elements mixed in it. Towards the end of the book, the male character takes the female character out to the beach to watch the sunset. And then the male character looks at the female character and says...

She had to turn the page to read what''s next....except there''s nothing after those words. That''s when I proposed =)

Oh, and the next page was the beginning of a new chapter....in our lives.
1.gif

bigfish11.jpg

biggafish

Rough_Rock
sorry for the multiple replies....not sure how to use this system yet!

another ring shot! diamond from GOG, setting by Mark Morrell
2.gif

They were very professional, friendly, and patient with me! And she loved the ring. =)

bigfish44.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awwww! Congratulations!!! And what a place to get engaged!!!! Your engagement story is sooo cute! And great job on getting a diamond from GOG and a mark morrel! Wow! So happy for you guys!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! How beautiful, I love those prongs!!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 1:25:54 AM
Author:biggafish
Hi All!

I''ve been lurking on the forum for a while now....learning about diamonds and what not and I just wanted to share my engagement story!

After researching the diamond and the setting for months, I finally got the ring and proposed to my girl over Thanksgiving break. Here''s how it went down:

We went to Bali on a mini vacation for our anniversary, and I purposely rented a villa next to the beach. Upon arrival, I told her, hey let''s go take some pictures on the beach during sunset! But before we went out, I kindda dressed up a bit...and she''s like...why are you dressing up?

''Hmm, I just wanted to look nice!'' lol...

Anyways, so we got to the beach, and the first thing she says...''hey there''s dog poop on the beach!'' Not exactly the phrase I wanted to hear for this occasion....I blocked it out of my mind and proceeded to find a nice spot for my tripod!
2.gif

So I found a good place for the tripod, but the view was so awesome in Bali that my fiance was running around taking pictures everywhere! I had a tough time getting her to come near the tripod for some pictures of us (girls are hard to control! lol)

But finally I did! We took some pictures, then I got a book out of my backpack and gave her the anniversary gift: A book I made. Since she liked fairy tales, the book had a story about I chased after her...with some fairy tale elements mixed in it. Towards the end of the book, the male character takes the female character out to the beach to watch the sunset. And then the male character looks at the female character and says...

She had to turn the page to read what''s next....except there''s nothing after those words. That''s when I proposed =)

Oh, and the next page was the beginning of a new chapter....in our lives.
1.gif

bigfish11.jpg
That is such a great story

I love the effort you put in to the proposal - she''s a lucky girl
1.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!! Congrats! We need more handshots, and specs!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, what a beautiful setting for a proposal!! And it''s so sweet that you put such thought and effort into it - and the ring is stunning, looks perfect on her finger!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a perfect ring and beautiful proposal! Congrats!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow....what a proposal......my goodness, you''re such a lovely man. I love how the stone is surrounded by the little hearts. Just WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Bali is a great place for a proposal. The ring is gorgeous and I would love to see it on your Fiancee''s hand.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!!

What a sweet story, and the ring is gorgeous!

36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great proposal story! Love the MM setting and the diamond is beautiful. Congrats!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, and sweet proposal. Congratulations!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Nice proposal and the prongs on the ring are interesting (I don''t know if I''ve ever seen ones like that before). I''m a big fan of solitaires.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congatulations! What a beautiful, romantic setting for the proposal. Gorgeous, classic ring - love the heart prongs.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

And can I just say, holy cow, I love those prongs!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Honestly that is probably the best proposal I have ever heard of....thank you for sharing with us. And it is a lovely ring! CONGRATS!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful classic ring. Congrats!!
9.gif

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Fairy tale proposal...The setting could not have been more magical. Big Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results