shape
carat
color
clarity

just arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
The Fedex man brought a nice box to me this morning. I am trying to put together a 3 stone and today I got one of the side stones.

I am so happy with it! I love this stone. It is quite unusual. Specs:

54 table
62 depth
34.5 crown angle
40.8 pavillion angle
80% LGF
G color
SI1
Med Blue Flo
HCA 1.3
.65ct
5.57 x 5.60
GIA cut: EX
Polish: VG
Symm: EX

I didn''t know how all this was going to hang together til it came and I just love it! Now my problem is to find a match for it. This stone came from BN. But it took forever to come, not their usual overnight thing.

This stone was living in Belgium when I ordered it. BN had to ship it to themselves and then turn it around and send to me. I got it during their $100 off promo so it was only $1426. I am so pleased with this well traveled little gem.

I''ll attach the photos in a minute, I have to work on them for resize.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This is blurry but it shows the center stone I intend to use.

H+B resize.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Another of the two stones - I need to invest in an ultrasonic!

H&B2 resize.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like the proportions of the two diamonds together and when you get the match to the other side stone it''s going to make for a gorgeous 3 stone ring. Very pretty!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stones look divine....!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lumpkin. The proprotions are sort of smaller than recommended but I want to keep the ring still fairly delicate. I recently tried on a 3 stone where it had a 2c center and 1ct each sides - man, it seemed so huge to me! It might just have been the setting it was in, which was also big, but I just couldn''t see myself with it.

I wanted the side stones to be on the smaller side so my center would still be the highlight.

I am having a lot of fun with the project so far!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It''s going to be perfect Beacon. My three stone is small but I just wanted something that would cover the finger, and it turned out nice!
4.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous! The proportions are WONDERFUL!

May I ask what the carat size of the center stone is? I just LOVE the proportion you have there!

What a gorgeous ring-to-be!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Center is 2.27 and F color. The new side is .65c and G with Med Flo. I find the color very harmonious side by side.

The center is approx 8.45mm and the side is approx 5.58mm.

I spent quite some time cutting little bitty circles out of paper and holding them with tweezers next to my ring. My husband got a lot of laughs at my expense!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think the new stone looks great! I also think the proportions look good--you don''t want to take attention away from that gorgeous F. Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I was somewhat worried about this side stone b/c of the very small table (54) compared to the depth (62). I thought this made a stone look dark in the center. But I ran it thru HCA and HCA liked it so I thought I would try it.

I am surprised how bright and lively it is. It has a laser inscription number on it that I can see thru the loupe quite well. If I can keep my hands as still as rocks maybe I can photograph the laser number.

My center has no number on it and I wish it did. It''s cool - you know you have the right stone.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous monster of a rock you have there! It''s beautiful and I can''t wait to see the finished product.

That G looks icy white, too!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that looks fabulous together.
I love your project so far!
2.gif

what setting are you considering?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
What a cute little story! That diamond is beautiful - heck, it''s bigger than most solitaires I see!

But I love your story about the "well traveled little gem."

You make it sound like it arrived with a tiny passport and overnight suitcase!!!! Sooooo cute.
What would a diamond pack? Definitely a mini bottle of Mr. Clean, a toothbrush & maybe a martini shaker?
Maybe even a welcome gift for the head honcho diamond -- Belgian chocolates, perhaps.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PERFECT proportions and both stones are gorgeous! I am glad you didn''t go with 1-carat sides because with rounds, I think you have to be EXTRA careful to make sure the center stone is the star. I''ve seen way too many rings where all 3 stones are too alike in size and it just ends up looking like a humongous 3-stone BAND. You have wonderful taste!!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are both beautiful stones! I can''t wait to see when you find and receive the second sidestone and then the final product!!!
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Beacon!!! Can''t wait to see it all done!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2006 3:54:09 PM
Author: Julian
What a cute little story! That diamond is beautiful - heck, it''s bigger than most solitaires I see!

But I love your story about the ''well traveled little gem.''

You make it sound like it arrived with a tiny passport and overnight suitcase!!!! Sooooo cute.
What would a diamond pack? Definitely a mini bottle of Mr. Clean, a toothbrush & maybe a martini shaker?
Maybe even a welcome gift for the head honcho diamond -- Belgian chocolates, perhaps.
That is funny! I wish the stone did bring some chocolates; that would be very polite.

I did consider the voyage during the time it took to get the stone. I wondered where it was and just how it was being ferried from Belgium to Seattle. Who watches over these diamonds as they travel? I wonder about the logistics.

Because I am sort of eccentric I did name this stone. It is "Hercule" after the Agatha Christie detective from Belgium. Plus his long journey does have some mystery around it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2006 3:41:22 PM
Author: sevens one
that looks fabulous together.
I love your project so far!
2.gif

what setting are you considering?
Yes what kind of setting are you considering??? What a fun project!!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Difficult, difficult!

My husband suggested sending the whole thing off to Leon Mege since he was very impressed with the beautiful things that have come through this forum.

I wish I could find someone local to do it cause I hate the mailing thing.

BN actually has a setting I like: http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5923&page=1&col=2&row=4&pos=11&set_shape=

Something like this is nice. Or, just forget the small diamonds on the sides and go with a "classic" 3 stone setting, like Leon shows.

I also like this one from Gumuchian: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/gumuchian-fils-jewelry/rings/53J1/18/

Pretty much I''ll have to cross that bridge when I get there. I change my mind so many times that I confuse myself!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2006 5:09:13 PM
Author: Beacon
Difficult, difficult!

My husband suggested sending the whole thing off to Leon Mege since he was very impressed with the beautiful things that have come through this forum.

I wish I could find someone local to do it cause I hate the mailing thing.

BN actually has a setting I like: http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5923&page=1&col=2&row=4&pos=11&set_shape=

Something like this is nice. Or, just forget the small diamonds on the sides and go with a ''classic'' 3 stone setting, like Leon shows.

I also like this one from Gumuchian: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/gumuchian-fils-jewelry/rings/53J1/18/

Pretty much I''ll have to cross that bridge when I get there. I change my mind so many times that I confuse myself!

Are you going to wear it with a band?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am hoping to. I have a plain plat band and also a combo round and baguettes band, so I could use either. I would rather not buy a new band, though the ultra skinny ones do look very nice.

Any suggestions what would look good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results