shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Gift Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Question for anyone who might have an answer.

I''m trying to create an "engagement set" for my g/f consisting of a ring, stud earrings, and a pendant. I think I''d like to present it in a way where she will see it all in one box.

I looked all over the internet and found only one such piece. The company that sells it, sells it in bulk. Does anyone know where I could buy something like that or does any vendor here have any that might be willing to sell me one? I know the whole buying/selling rule, but this is such a tiny little accessory to the big project. Let me know!

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
well, you could get a cute teddy bear, put the earings in it's ears, the pendant around it's neck, then tie the ring to it's paw.. Not a box I know, but I would appreciate it. :)

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Going even one step further, you could build her a bear at one of those build-a-bear workshops and use it. It would be even more special b/c you made it. Plus you can name it and it has a birth certificate.

Just an idea.
9.gif

-Sarah

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
The bear is always a great idea. You guys are right on here - and who wouldn't appreciate that? They are large enough where she wouldn't see all of the items at once - they'd be slowly discovered as she checks out the bear
1.gif

I think you can get a wedding dress etc. for it or even something less obvious
2.gif
They have a heart inside that she can feel (how sweet). This is bound to melt her!

This is a much more interesting way than just having it presented in a box...the whole discovery will take a minute or so - I'd love that.

I hope you have one of these nearby.

~Lisa

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
If you're not averse to spending a little money, Jane Burke at Greentree Creations does custom marquetry work and could certainly make this to your specifications. She made my wife's engagement ring box (it's the one on the front page of her site) and she was terrific to work with. Highly recommended.

lsmathis1

Shiny_Rock
Superidealist,

Those boxes are beautiful and would surely be treasured for a lifetime - hopefully generations to come.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...superdooper idea.

Might have to look into that as well as the bears :)

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
http://www.usbox.com/Box/jewelry_boxes.html

http://www.ezcreationsltd.com/jekebo.html

http://luckybox.gemspot.com/cgi-bin/luckybox/boxpage.html

Maybe one of these?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
You could get those Russian nesting dolls and find a way of attaching each piece to a doll. That way she can discover them one after another. I'd take out the teeny doll in the middle and replace it with the ring... piece de resistance!
1.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Make sure your GF is the teddy-bear/stuffed animal kind of person before you give her one. I HATE stuffed animals, if my husband ever got me one I would quickly donate it to my niece or nephew. (Luckily, he's not the type to give stuffed animals either).

BUT, if she's in to that, then I think that's an adorable idea.
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Take her out to your favorite restaurant. Have them serve a piece with each course, leading up to dessert--the ering!
9.gif

Or...have her come home...place notes leading from the front door (or wherever she usually comes in) that describe things you love about her...have the 3rd or 4 th note say "Go to bathroom" and have one treat in there with another note that says "go to kitchen microwave" and have one treat in there with another note that says "Go XXXX" until the last note reads "Go to xxxxx" and be in there on one knee with the ering! (This is how my husband proposed to me--but just with notes & an ering--but it would have been cool to have other diamond treats with all the notes!
2.gif

However you pullit off, it will WOW her!
love.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are really making me reconsider just putting this stuff in a box.

The ideas are phenominal. Russian nesting dolls...what an interesting idea Lady Q.

I really like the notes one too.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/6/2004 1:37:56 AM wonka27 wrote:

You guys are really making me reconsider just putting this stuff in a box.

----------------
Spot on! Do something different and your grandchildren will still be telling the story. Romance the presentation and make the moment as original as you can, then the rings will always have the meaning that you intended when you bought them.

Superidealist, thank you for sharing the box site with us. You might speak with her and invite her to join us here, her product would be a welcome addition to PriceScope, and her niche is virtually empty. My boxes are nice, but do not hold a candle to her personalized boxes.

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id love her to join. Her work is awesome. If I could afford one of her boxes to have for my rings and then use my ring boxes for my loupe I would...but Im broke planning my wedding.
1.gif

I just want a plain flocked box so that I can put my loupe in it. I wish I could just buy one from someone but no one wants to sell them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results