shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s on my finger.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I’m engaged!

I knew it was coming this weekend, my (almost said boyfriend, but..) FIANCE is so bad at hiding things from me, as hard as he may try. So we spent the day together yesterday, and then he told me that I had to leave the apartment for an hour and a half. Not so smooth, eh?
2.gif

So, I left and got my manicure! I returned to pretty roses (yay, I can get flower shots now), a wrapped present, and a super cute dressed up bf. I got ready to go too, and we had a really nice dinner out. And we even had a really yummy apple dessert. A big splurge for me, as I don’t usually eat sugar. But totally worth it! Yum.

Following dinner, we walked to Philadelphia’s Love Park and found a secluded little area (I wasn’t excited about the idea of an audience). Then he finally let me open the “present,” which was the scrapbook I had given him on our first Valentine’s, as I had suspected. So we looked through it together and reminisced, and as I was about to turn to the last page he stopped me and said some really nice things

21.gif
I flipped the page to a rhyming poem he had written me (I always write him silly poems on special occasions). It was adorable. And so funny, because even though I knew it was coming, I was surprised to read “Will You Marry Me?” when I got to the end. And when I turned to look at him he was down on his knee, and asked me to marry him! And he was actually teary-eyed! I’ve never seen him cry before, but to see him looking at me like that… aww, it makes me teary now. So I said yes! And wow saw lots of sparkles! But... went for the hug instead of the ring. But he eventually put it on my finger and it certainly did not disappoint. Love it! I still can’t believe it’s mine. I am completely in awe. It was so perfect, and SO completely my boy... couldn''t be happier.

Many thanks to Whiteflash’s Leon who did a phenomenal job, even though there was a lot of miscommunication with the person who was going between him and my FI. Whiteflash custom definitely gets an A+ from me. And many thanks to kaleigh and all of the LIW for their support

1.gif

And without further ado, more pictures of my ring than anyone could ever possibly want to see:

Oh wait, and my ring size is a 3.5… and it’s a J SI1 ACA ¾ ct!!!

IMG_0281b.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
my attempt at a loupe shot, to show some of the amazing detail

IMG_0273.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
YAY!! The ring looks so lovely! I think its cute that you totally knew it was coming, but he still went through will all the sweet romantic stuff. I''m so happy for you!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ok, last one I promise... but I can''t leave out the flower shot

IMG_0272.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! Congrats IceKid!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Icekid,
I love the proposal story and was thinking about you yetserday. The weather here was just perfect for you. I can''t wait to see it in person. Congratulations to you both!!!!!! It''s just gorgeous, and sparkles like crazy!!!!!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful sweet proposal!
And what a beautiful ring!
I love the octagonal halo, very cool.
It looks HUGE on your teenie tiny finger.

It looks like it was designed so you can fit a band next to it. Right?

Congratulations to you both!

Scintillating...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, congrats icekid!! It definitely looks substantial on your small finger!! Please add it to the J stones in Platinum thread?

One question, we see so many of these halos on here now...some have the stone built flush with the halo, yours is coming up slightly? Was that something you had seen elsewhere and liked it or just happenstance or? And now that it's done, do you like it that way?

I have seen that look elsewhere, aka Fay Cullen's settings have some of that and I wasn't sure how I'd like it on the hand...it seems the 'norm' is to go with a more flush look which is a bit more cocktail-y. Just curious what you think now that it's all said and done!

Again, congrats, stunning ring and I love the blurry bling shots!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and your ring!!!! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! It looks HUGE and magnificent on your finger (really nice hands, by the way). I am so happy for you. More pics pleas...we''ll never get bored!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Icekid,

I love the full hand picture. It is SO big. And the proposal is beyond sweet (especially cute that you knew him so well that you could anticipate his moves.)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a great choice ... I L-U-V octagonal halos & think that the round combo with it is so, so cool. Agree about how HUGE it looks on your hand - can''t imagine the shimmer in person (but the blurry bling shot helps!). Congrats!!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
what a sweet story!!! that ring is gorgeous!!!! it really does look huge on your finger!!

congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both! Your ring is beautiful and what a cute proposal. I particularly like the way the shank attaches to the halo so you can fit a wedding band flush against the e-ring.

We are never bored with pictures! Send more!!!!!!!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
congratulation!! The ring look so beautiful
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone
9.gif
I loooooooove it... FI must think I am crazy now, walking around the apartment saying "bling bling!" hehehe
30.gif

Mara- I will definitely add it to the J platinum thread. And going with the prong setting up above the halo was definitely a conscious decision. Actually, I don''t know if you can actually see the prong very well in any of the pictures I posted. They''re tiny and don''t get in the way of the stone at all. But anyway, I had tried on the ritani endless love with the bezel, and just did not love how the stone was flush to the halo. It didn''t seem like it emphasized the stone enough. So I tried on another halo that was prong set and knew that was it! And I definitely think it was the right decision- I love how it''s sitting up above slightly.

Scintillating- Yeah, we decided not to do an ornate gallery because it''s SO tough to put a band next to it. But I have space under my halo, so it definitely should not be a problem for me.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well sounds like it all worked out! i like the octagonal look too.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Icekid....oh, my...it''s just yummy!!!!
18.gif

And what a sweet proposal!
30.gif

Congratulations!!!

widget

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous...and the diamond looks so big and sparkly!

Congratulations on your engagement!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Yea icekid!!! Congratulations!!! Your ring is amazing and looks gigantic on your tiny fingers. I love the fine milgrain, I love the hailo, I love the prong setting, oh I just love everything about it. Tell your BF I said thanks b/c I was getting very impatient...several times I have debating calling WF and asking to send me pics so I could see it.

Congrats again!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Very sweet proposal! And again, cant say enuff how I love octagons! J SI looks AWESOME!
30.gif
30.gif
Whats the tcw of the entire setting? And the specs on the melees?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results