shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upgrade

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upg

love love love it! I like the EW setting, I could tell right away it was slightly longer horizontally.

Congrats on the upgrade.... BTW I am always curious how the topic of an upgrade gets brought up... was it your idea? :naughty:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Gorgeous, Beautiful, Amazing!!! Can you tell I LOVE it!?!?? :appl: Congratulations on designing an heirloom in the making! And you can share more pics any time! :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Such a STUNNING design and the stone is drool worthy. You did a wonderful job.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

Haven, your new ring is so, so beautiful! The setting is perfect for your lovely new stone. You did an amazing job designing a perfect home for that beauty!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haven, it is mesmerizing. I adore it. You did a phenomenal job with the design and the stone is to die for. And I love the rose gold. Everything is just perfect on it. Congrats!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

Haven your upgrade is gorgeous! I love the subtlety of the fine details and the high quality craftsmanship. The millgraining is a perfect touch and the OMC is stunning. It it truly an heirloom quality piece! It exudes warmth and elegance. Congratulations!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Oh, Haven! That is just beautiful!

Simple and yet unique. Utterly timeless. And a diamond that seems . . . to have a soul! :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I was so excited to come home and pop into this thread to see if anyone else stopped by! Thank you all for your really kind comments.

So, this stone continues to mesmerize me. DH and I spent some time sitting in a cafe and reading before we caught a movie tonight, and I probably only had ten minutes of quality reading out of an hour of sitting there. The lighting was fabulous, and my ring was throwing off some amazing chunks of color, so what else could I do? I put my hand on the page and pretended to read for quite a while, when really I was just staring at my new ring. 8) :read: 8) I'm going to try to take some video to share tomorrow. DH had me cracking up in the cafe because he kept moving my hand and saying "sparkle and scintillation" a la Rhino from his AVC videos. Gotta love those AVCs--if we hadn't come across this stone I bet I would have bought an AVC at some point.

What I really want to do is get my hands on a white stone and see the difference in color. My sister wears my mom's original e-ring stone, and I *think* it has a high color. I'll take some good shots of the two together when she's in town for Passover.

Thing2--I KNEW you would love the east-west setting, lady! I actually thought of you as soon as I noticed it was set east-west.

Amys Bling|1301790109|2886271 said:
love love love it! I like the EW setting, I could tell right away it was slightly longer horizontally.
Congrats on the upgrade.... BTW I am always curious how the topic of an upgrade gets brought up... was it your idea? :naughty:
Amys Bling--Thank you! As for bringing up the upgrade, our jeweler handled that one for me. :cheeky: Several months ago (maybe longer) we were talking about jewelry trends, and I told him about the GOG's AVCs and how everyone on PS was going gaga for antique cushions. He called me as soon as he came upon this stone, and sure enough, I fell in love. So, I blame him. ;))
Neither DH nor I are sentimental about objects, so the possibility of upgrading was never really a big deal. DH has his hobbies that he spends money on, and I have mine. :bigsmile:

Anyway, I really really appreciate everyone's comments. I keep reading them to DH and he loves hearing them, too.
Deco and Clairitek--Your comments had us laughing out loud, by the way.

Holly--I love that--"A diamond that seems to have a soul." Ah, such a beautiful way to put it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

rubybeth|1301782671|2886162 said:
rubybeth--Thank you! I have been looking for stackers on websites, but I'm just not well versed in stacking rings. I really love the Orion Eternity Band on e-weddingrings. Actually, I love them!

Are you going to be purchasing a rose gold stacking band soon?

tanj

Shiny_Rock
Trade

their both beautiful..congrats :)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

i logged on just to look at these photos again. love. this. ring. freaking love, love, love, love, love this. i think i am going to dream about it tonight!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock

Haven, your new ring is exquisite! I keep stopping by to admire your photos. Your setting design suits the stone so well, and the rose gold is simply delicious. Congrats, and enjoy your lovely new ring!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but here goes....

Gorgeous! The design is classic and the color of that stone...gah! Like cream. I do so adore those colored stones, and that stone is so one-of-a-kind. It makes me wish I'd held out for an antique. And it just makes me want to get mine set sometime sooner rather than later. I'm still waffling on mine tho, and next to your beauty, it's just a boring old RB. ;)) (you may or may not recall I purchased a 1.5 RB Q-R last year. Still haven't set it yet...)

Anyway, back to drooling over your fab pictures. Congrats!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

That is the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. That's not hyperbole either.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Blackpaw|1301760180|2885935 said:
Gorgeous :love: im so glad its on your hand, Haven, i followed your thread about it :wavey:
Hi Blackpaw! How have things been going for you? It's been so long since our Body-for-Life thread, I've missed seeing you around!

E B

Ideal_Rock

Haven, it is GORGEOUS, and I'm so glad you went with rose gold! I think it compliments your diamond beautifully. :love: :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

ksinger|1301841839|2886599 said:
Sorry I'm so late to the party, but here goes....

Gorgeous! The design is classic and the color of that stone...gah! Like cream. I do so adore those colored stones, and that stone is so one-of-a-kind. It makes me wish I'd held out for an antique. And it just makes me want to get mine set sometime sooner rather than later. I'm still waffling on mine tho, and next to your beauty, it's just a boring old RB. ;)) (you may or may not recall I purchased a 1.5 RB Q-R last year. Still haven't set it yet...)

Anyway, back to drooling over your fab pictures. Congrats!
Thank you! And I DO recall that 1/5 Q-R, missy. I'll be impatiently waiting to see it set . . . I spent a lot of time looking at your great pictures of your stone once I learned that mine is an O-P. Warm stones = :lickout:
I have to say, I LOVE the surprise yellow diamond set at beneath my stone. It makes it look like a light buttery yellow stone indoors, which is just beautiful.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Gorgeous--wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

WOW! Love it! It turned amazing. :love: :love: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haven I totally see the EW setting, and i don't think it is wholly from the stone. The setting has those lovely scrolls on the side and they are slightly evident from the face up position, and I think that just adds to the EW look! I love it. I would really like to incorporate something like that to change the shape a little on my RB one day when I do my dream reset, because I adore the cushion shape so much.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

Just saw that in my first post I typed "YG" Obviously I meant "RG" Ack. I hate it when I do stuff like that!

LOVE the new pics. That surprise stone is so .... surprising! It's so unique and elegant and gorgeous!!

I'd so be getting into traffic accidents. I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off of it in the sunlight. PLEASE take a video. I'd love to see how she really shines!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock

tuffyluvr|1301814497|2886486 said:
i logged on just to look at these photos again. love. this. ring. freaking love, love, love, love, love this. i think i am going to dream about it tonight!

Ditto tuffy!
It's gorgeous -- congratulations, Haven, and wear it in good health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Glorious, absolutely glorious. You were absolutely right to go for this stone. The setting is beautiful. I can see the E-W orientation from your photos as well.

Enjoy your new beauty. :appl: :wavey:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haven- that is an incredible ring!!! love those OMB yay!!! I love the bezel wedding band with the ring sooo much! :love: :love: :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love coming back to this thread! DH took a picture of me (mid-sentence, I must say, which accounts for the stupid look on my face) that sort of gives a good real-life perspective of how this ring actually looks. It's so delicate IRL.
OMBRealLifePerspective.jpg
Then I actually tried to smile for a shot, which didn't turn out much better, but it's something:
IMG_1502.jpg
With my other rings (can you tell that we're both hopeless photographers?)
OMBRealLife2.jpg
I just really like this shot:
IMG_1505.jpg

I'll take a video when the sun decides to come back out in Chicago!
ETA: I see those real-life perspectives don't really show much. I'll try to get a better one.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Haven|1301807709|2886467 said:
[Thank you! I have been looking for stackers on websites, but I'm just not well versed in stacking rings. I really love the Orion Eternity Band on e-weddingrings. Actually, I love them!

Are you going to be purchasing a rose gold stacking band soon?

Probably not anytime soon, but I'd love to stack 3 or so for a RHR. The Orion is really gorgeous, I hope you get it or something like it! I love how rose gold is becoming more popular on PS in such beautiful creations... the only rose gold I'd ever seen often before was black hills gold jewelry (not usually my style). Your ring is inspiring!

ETA: How cute are you!? Love the real life perspective shots.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my god. That is literally jaw-droppingly gorgeous. That setting is perfection; you have some real talent there! Unbelievable!

Also, you're so purty!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As lovely as it is, your ring pales next to all your beauty, Haven. What a truly lovely face! And no "cone of shame" even! ;))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

ksinger|1301882912|2887133 said:
As lovely as it is, your ring pales next to all your beauty, Haven. What a truly lovely face! And no "cone of shame" even! ;))
Oh. Gah. Ksinger--you are too kind. Novel and Ruby--Thank you!
And I am quite privileged to leave the house with the cone of shame, aren't I? :cheeky: My poor little Geddy kitty will live on forever in PSers' minds as a shamed little conehead.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Haven, the ring turned out so beautiful! :love: :love: :love: It's really delicate and makes the stone look ginormous on your finger (not that it needed any help)!

I like how there's so much detail on the profile with the surprise diamonds and the milgrain on the basket, but still has the simple look of a solitaire from the top. Your jeweler really did an excellent job on this custom setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results