color
clarity

#JOTW It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upgrade

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
Re: It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upg

Hi Haven :wavey:

Thank you! Thank you!

Interestingly enough, I had an OEC, but I'm working with Adam at Old World Diamonds to get a lovely cushion (Yeah, I loved your ring that much). I really do prefer the look of the cushion I'm looking at though. It will be 1.30 ct so half the size of yours?

Thank you for his website as I prefer to go directly to them since they made yours.

Again, love your ring! :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Unicorn--That's so exciting! :appl: I can't wait to see your stone.
If you contact Matt, tell him that it's Lori's ring you're trying to replicate. He's knows I posted it on PS, so he won't be surprised!

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock

Sounds great! Thank you again...I'm sooo excited!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

congrats Haven! beautiful ring :love: :appl:

Did I comment on this yet? I can't remember... but it's gorgeous. The diamond under the cutlet is so unique. I wonder how different colored stones would reflect in the diamond??

brina_ca

Rough_Rock

Absolutely AMAZING, both of you and your ring :love:

I am thinking to get a OMC for e-ring. Haven, how is OMC light performance? Have you ever compare it to AVC?
I do love these big yellow/blue/orange chunks Which AVCs show, but don't prefer 4 big facets in the centre.
So can OMC show the same or similar chunks? How do you think its performance?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you DFire and Bean!

brina--Thank you! I love the AVCs, but I also don't prefer the Maltese cross in the center. I think that's a personal preference, of course, and the AVCs are :love: overall.
I haven't seen *my* stone next to an AVC, but I can tell you that my stone's performance is amazing. I will try to take a video this week, if I can figure out the camera.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

:love: :appl: :love: ASTOUNDING! :love: :appl: :love:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

oh Haven it's beautiful!! This is my dream stone and it looks amazing on you hand. Congratulations!!!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock

This ring is so dreamy!!!!! The setting is so stunning- I love it from every angle! and that stone is just to die for. Wow!
Please come back with video if you can! I would love to see that baby sparkle! :love:

brina_ca

Rough_Rock

Haven|1302653979|2894528 said:
Thank you DFire and Bean!

brina--Thank you! I love the AVCs, but I also don't prefer the Maltese cross in the center. I think that's a personal preference, of course, and the AVCs are :love: overall.
I haven't seen *my* stone next to an AVC, but I can tell you that my stone's performance is amazing. I will try to take a video this week, if I can figure out the camera.

Haven...video please.... :naughty:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Ninama, FutureMrsS, Confused, and Brina.

I will take a video as soon as the sun decides to show her face in Chicago again!

I am so in love with this stone. The warmth is really amazing, and she has a different personality in every new lighting situation. It's so much fun going to new places now because I want to see what my stone will do in the lights! :cheeky:

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock

That is stunning! Congrats!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Holy cow, not sure how I missed this thread, but Haven, your new ring is AMAZING I'm drooling over all the pics here! :love: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haven- out of curiosity- you said that the little things that bothered you about your old ring started to really bother you... what exactly was it about your first Ering that started to eat at you? I love both your rings, the upgrade is stunning! If I am lucky to acquire another ring I would like an antique cushion in yellow or rose gold so that I have something to wear with my warmer jewelry!! :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Vanderaf and Steph!

Amys Bling--Thank you!
The only things that really bothered me about my original e-ring were the prongs. They were too heavy and I longed for graceful, swooping, buttercup-like prongs, and every time I looked at them it irked me. I considered having them changed for a bit, I even think I made a thread about it, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the money.
Otherwise, I LOVED my original ring. Oh--after a while I wished that my set didn't fit flush together, but that was just a change of heart, because I originally demanded that they sit flush, so . . . that was just me getting older and changing my mind. :cheeky:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haven|1303351416|2901547 said:
Thank you Vanderaf and Steph!

Amys Bling--Thank you!
The only things that really bothered me about my original e-ring were the prongs. They were too heavy and I longed for graceful, swooping, buttercup-like prongs, and every time I looked at them it irked me. I considered having them changed for a bit, I even think I made a thread about it, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the money.
Otherwise, I LOVED my original ring. Oh--after a while I wished that my set didn't fit flush together, but that was just a change of heart, because I originally demanded that they sit flush, so . . . that was just me getting older and changing my mind. :cheeky:

well your current set is stunning! Consider me jealous! =)

tannet

Shiny_Rock

OMG...I don't know how I missed this post! Your ring is stunning! I love the setting...your jeweler did an awesome job. The milgrain adds a special touch to it. I think you made a great choice going with the rose gold. It's just absolutely gorgeous!!

Sam121

Rough_Rock

Haven, the chunky facets are TDF. I bet it must be hard trying to focus on driving when you are wearing this beauty!!!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock

Eeeeeee this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!!!! I just love love love your new ring. Everything about it is perfect! I love the warmth and the chunky antique facets - it truly does have a soul! And the setting is amazing - I love the surprise stone in the bottom and the pink gold. SO GORGEOUS!!!! One of my favorite PS rings!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I was wondering when this one was going to make Jewel of the Week!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haven|1302385787|2892177 said:
Briolette, MTG, and Unicorn: Thank you so much, ladies!

Unicorn--I would be honored if you copied this design for your upgrade! Seriously, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that you would want to wear the same setting. If you do, I can't wait to see how your setting turns out. What kind of stone do you have?

If you don't already have a jeweler, I strongly recommend Matt Burdeen of Burdeen's Jewelry in Illinois. He's wonderful, and his bench jeweler is amazing, in my opinion. :cheeky:
Here's his website:
http://www.burdeens.com/store/index.php

Beautiful ring. Burdeens is highly regarded as far as workmanship goes. I've been to their store several times, it's just lush!! :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haven= I am still drooling over your upgrade! :bigsmile:

K9

Brilliant_Rock

HOLY fantastic Haven! Wow... just wow... :cheeky: :love:

My favorite part of your ring? The milgrain on the basket - that's the kind of detail that sets it apart.

Simply stunning.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock

Good Lord that is amazing!!!!!!! I LOVE the rose gold and the color of the stone....wow!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you Ladybug, K9MuttLover, Amy, LoveStreet, Sam, and Tannet!

TL--Burdeen's is wonderful, I agree! I wonder if we've ever been there at the same time?!

Athena--I was so excited to see that post! I even sent it to DH to read.

I caught some fun pictures of my ring in the car yesterday. I love the fire shot.
IMG00331.jpg
Fire!.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I promised to take video a long time ago and finally managed to do so!

The sun wasn't shining today, and I'm not exactly video camera savvy, so I have a gajillion very short videos of my ring in different lighting conditions. I wish I knew how to blend them into one, but I don't. DH is laughing at me right now because of what I just uploaded to YouTube, but hey--it's better than nothing, right?

Anyway, our camera seems to only focus if the ring is exactly the right distance from the lens, so I apologize for the blurred moments. I still think the ring looks a MILLION BAJILLION times better in real life, but the videos ARE better than pictures, at least.

If anyone's still interested, I uploaded far too many mediocre videos here :cheeky: :
http://www.youtube.com/user/HavenPS?feature=mhum

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock

Wow Haven.....that stone is like having a flashlight on you finger. It is stunningly bright and I love the chunky flashes. Do you have any fire shots? I bet it is a fireball too. Beautiful!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock

Wow!! It's absolutely stunning! I hardly ever log on to PS anymore....I'm so glad I did tonight to see this! I love old stones!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thank you, Farleysmom! I need to get some good fire shots, you're right--it is a fireball!

BUUUUUURK! Your ring is one of my favorite rings EVER! In fact, your ring and Wallermama's ring are my very favorite rings in the entire world! I'm not even exaggerating, I love your ring so much. I have a picture of it saved in my little jewelry lust folder on my computer! (ETA: Sorry, that was an outburst. Seeing you post in my thread was like unexpectedly meeting an author of a book I love. I got all starry eyed and over excited. Sorry. 8) )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results