shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring too plain??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this ring. of course, the one I tried on (and in the photo) had a stunning 2 carat center stone and cost $40K. I will be looking at a smaller 1 carat range stone. I imagine, the side stones will then be smaller to give a similar look, but I wanted your thoughtson the setting and the basket?

kwiat1.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too plain?? Nah, I think it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif

diamonddesignco

Rough_Rock
I don''t think it''s too plain, very elegant. Although, with the 1 ct. the sides will be more dainty as to not overpower the center, is that ok with you? And you could easily do a matching band in the same setting style.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
You ask if this ring is "too plain" and I say absolutely not! It''s classic, and it''s beautiful. Perhaps in the PS world, where you see the most intricately detailed and expensive jewelry you''ll ever see in your life, it''s not the most fancy - but in the "real world" where most of us live that ring is absolutely stunning and bling-y as ever. Love-it!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s gorgeous. My only question would be if a wedding ring could sit flush with it. That may not even be a concern for you, but it''s one of my hangups. I think it would look lovely with a 1 ct range stone. The basket would be more delicate. Definitely not plain!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 4:50:53 PM
Author: lyra
I think it''s gorgeous. My only question would be if a wedding ring could sit flush with it. That may not even be a concern for you, but it''s one of my hangups. I think it would look lovely with a 1 ct range stone. The basket would be more delicate. Definitely not plain!
That is one of my hangups too. the WB does not sit flush, but its very close.

I started off wanting a halo, so this is a bit of a change...hence the thought its "plain"

This setting is from the new Kwiat bridal collection.

I suppose, it i like the basket and wanted a few changes, (getting the basket just right so a WB will sit flush) I could get someone like WF to do it??

i might initially wear it w/ a plain band and upgrade to mathcing abnd down the road...or a micropave glittery looking band would be different too!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring. And I think it would sit pretty flush with a w-band...maybe just a tiny gap.

I love the detailing on the basket.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Plain? Are you kidding? I love it and I don''t even like solitaires!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can''t be serious, MY ring is plain!
lol.gif

Both of those are gorgeous, each in their own way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ritani is absolutley gorgeous, except I do feel that it is too thin. It is less than 2mm. Someone here had them redo the shank to make it the same size as the wedding band which I think is 2mm. It is beautiful, but I''d only do it if they''s make the shank wider. Pearlman''s carries Ritani and he told me one time that they would make the shank wider.

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
The shank is a little too delicate for my liking as well.

I am getting the Endless Love through Pearlman''s and Ritani is making both rings 2mm for me, so it''s doable!

Also, I don''t think that ring is too plain, but I get where you''re coming from. It''s really easy to drive yourself bonkers over THE ONE.

Please let us know what you decide
25.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think that it is too plain, I think that it is beautiful!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re kidding right? That fishtail pave is TO DIE FOR. I like it better than the ritani... and I like the ritani A LOT.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is very similar to that. Here is a link to the thread where I posted pictures. It''s a 1.54 center so you can get a better idea of what something like that would look like with a smaller stone. Of course I''m biased, I don''t think the ring is plan at all.
emwink.gif

Link

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 11:29:27 PM
Author: sap483
My ring is very similar to that. Here is a link to the thread where I posted pictures. It''s a 1.54 center so you can get a better idea of what something like that would look like with a smaller stone. Of course I''m biased, I don''t think the ring is plan at all.
emwink.gif

Link
Oooh, very pretty!!!

What do you ladies think of variation?

lieerfarb.jpg

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
and how the basket looks on the setting w. a plain shank

lf profile.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t think it''s plain at all! i LOVE the basket, the u-shape is beautiful to my eye, and i love that you can see the culet. i much prefer the basket to ritani''s basket, it''s more flowing and feminine. also, it looks like each tiny diamond is held in by four prongs, which if i''m not mistaken makes it more secure yet it doesn''t give it a ''more metal'' look. that''s a definite plus in my book!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know of a setting that combines elements of the first Kiwat setting, but with the channel set and "tulip" look the basket w/ the criss cross in the U, like the Lieberfarb toward the bottom of the post?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote goes to the first one. Fishtail pave'' is classy and elegant.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
personally I think with a 1.ct stone the original picture will look the prettiest. Channel set has more metal showing and looks bulkier to me.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

i am starting to lean towads this one. I think this picture is better. I really like the trellis design. I also like that the shank tapers a bit to make it slightly larger as it leads toward the stone, it really makes the stone look bigger. I saw this setting next to the Ritani and the lieberfarb made the 1 carat look huge!! The kwiat setting is gorgeous, but you have to buy the stone in thier setting and their stones are no bargain.

I would wanta different band, as I don''t like the contour look. I tired on some 3.0mm size bands and they look nice and don''t leave gaps.

I am tall (5''8") and have very long, figners, but weara size 5, so sometime sthe dainty rings look lost on me.

I am going to see if i can find other settings by this desgienr b/c they mae a trellis setitng w/ different shanks.

I suppose I can also get a custom incorporating all the elements i love ;-)

lf set.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results