shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there thread for I-color stones?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can someone show me some stones in I color? The only one I can think of is Demelza''s. Can you guys see color in I?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s one

link

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly cannot tell the difference between my .305 G and my .598 I. Perhaps because these are smaller stones and the G is bezel set so I cannot compare the pavillions. I also cannot see any colour in the I when I look at it from the pavillion. I have a comparison picture in my Pendant Upgrade Thread. I realise that you are seeing the picture on a computer monitor, but like I said, IRL I can see no colour difference. I am sure that some people would notice a colour difference, thankfully I am not one of them, I think that they make an excellent value, more stone for my buck!

I wish you well,

Bridget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I cannot see any bothersome warmth in my I. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask. I ADORE my stone.
Thread One
Thread Two
This is a close up shot of my stone which is an I and the side stones are D&F in color.
close%20up%20of%20my%20shiney%20from%20V.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is an "I". I am pretty sure there is an "I in PLT" thread.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mine is an I in yellow gold. (That''s why it''s not in the "I''s in Platunum thread. :) )

108_0894.JPG
108_0896.JPG

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond in the ring in my avatar is an I colored pear.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 4:37:16 PM
Author: Patty
Mine is an I in yellow gold. (That''s why it''s not in the ''I''s in Platunum thread. :) )

108_0894.JPG
108_0896.JPG
Wow Patty- nice, nice Pics!
36.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a better one.

ringpictwo.JPG

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of my I stone. It looks white, seriously. There is absolutely no yellow in it whatsoever. I really don''t think anyone can tell these I stones are I''s unless they are hyper sensitive or experts.
2.gif
I say, save your $$ and get an ideal I, or even a J or K--right Mara??
Our_ring_7.JPG

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
I am cursed with "eagle eyes" so yes I see tint in stones. I see it in my earrings that are "g" colored. It''s a horrible disease for your pocketbook. Someone should start an "eagle eyes anonymous" forum so those of us with the curse can be helped (lol). Joking aside the question is do you see tint not in pics but in real life comparison. If the answer is yes than you too are color cursed.. welcome to my world.:)

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 7:02:20 PM
Author: Diam100
I am cursed with 'eagle eyes' so yes I see tint in stones. I see it in my earrings that are 'g' colored. It's a horrible disease for your pocketbook. Someone should start an 'eagle eyes anonymous' forum so those of us with the curse can be helped (lol). Joking aside the question is do you see tint not in pics but in real life comparison. If the answer is yes than you too are color cursed.. welcome to my world.:)
What quality of cut are your G colored stones? Are they ideal? Are they round or fancy shaped?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
They are round AGS certified .76 each so a little over 1.5ct color g's bought by my husband from Blue Niles signature collection as a christmas gift. He thought I wouldn't see it but even in platinum screwbacks I did so he pulled out the certification & confessed. There was no denying it since I sat them next to my "F" colored ring & you could see it under the lamp. Doesn't bother me because I only see the tint when I take them off in certain lighting. So yes I have eagle eyes to the maximum power (lol). He offered to return them but I kept them since it was a gift and I figured they are sitting in my ears so I can't see them all the time:) Trust me I'm not complaining they sure are pretty.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 5:14:56 PM
Author: sevens one

Date: 2/7/2006 4:37:16 PM
Author: Patty
Mine is an I in yellow gold. (That''s why it''s not in the ''I''s in Platunum thread. :) )

108_0894.JPG
108_0896.JPG
Wow Patty- nice, nice Pics!
36.gif
Thank you Ma''am!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right-o Kit!! You know it!!
5.gif

I have had a G stone, an H stone and now a J stone and I see a tiny bit of difference in the J but not by much. The H was colorless to my eyes so obviously I can''t see well at all...haha. I also have I colored earrings and really all I see are sparkles.

Part of it would depend on your setting and how sensitive your eyes are to warmth, but I think for most people an ideal cut I stone would be stunning.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

Here is an example of color.

Princess V''s center stone is a H color; Mine is an I color; Kaleigh''s is an E color. I could barely tell the difference when I put all three rings on my finger. If you look at the picture below you can see some slight color due to the lighting but in person it isn''t visible. As long as the diamond is truly an I color and is very well cut there shouldn''t be any problem. Also no one but PS members knows that my diamond is an I color/near colorless until I tell them and then they just stop speaking!

31.gif
I also compared my diamonds to Logan Sapphire and NJC who both have E color diamonds of similar size there is no difference until compared side by side. Good luck.
2.gif

Copy of 3D1.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know what size of stones you are looking for but I have alot of them here but the three main stones are .33 each and they are I Sl1 and I can only hope that the pic is not so awfully blurry.
face23.gif

three ring 3.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
This one might be better. I hope my little stones will be of some help.

three ring 2.jpg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
And to answer your question, sometimes I think I see color and I try to get someone else to see it and they tell me I''m crazy...so I think I may be pretty sensitive to color...but I''d easily say 95% of the time I can''t see even a hint of color!

icolorinplati.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanna play too!
31.gif
Here is yet ANOTHER picture of my I colored EC.

Tacori-e-ring_115.jpg

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
Tacori,
face18.gif
I just love your ering I''m like drooling over here. Your ring is the one that really caught my eye and made me start using PS to find my upgrade on my wedding set. It is beautifull.
face23.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2006 3:10:07 PM
Author: kittycatsmac
Tacori,
face18.gif
I just love your ering I''m like drooling over here. Your ring is the one that really caught my eye and made me start using PS to find my upgrade on my wedding set. It is beautifull.
face23.gif

Oh, thank you kittycatsmac! That is very sweet. Welcome to Pricescope.
35.gif
Everyone here is SO helpful and I am sure it will be very useful for your upcoming upgrade.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
love those pics littlelysser and Tacori

Hey Tacori- how''s about a close-up
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results