shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my new lovely 3.5 OEC :)

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Back story

So I've been on here for... 3 or 4 years. just learning for the first few and posting for the last year or so. always been interested in old cuts but did get drawn to the performance of H & A diamonds but decided that the actually facet pattern and obvious arrows didn't do it for me. where as the OEC's on here definitely were. I grew up admiring my mums omc ering and 3 stone rings so it was destiny really.

So i found it hard to buy in Australia because the only OEC's i could find here were in the original settings and the sellers estimate were all over the place. I've seen stones i was told were J's that looked like they could have been U/V's. and i just didn't feel comfortable enough to make an informed decision about any of them. so i looked at USA online retailers and there were so many stones out there with proper certification but i still felt uncomfortable buying based on pictures. if i had bought a stone/ring in my price range and had to return it i could be out thousands of dollars for postage and tax when it entered the country. i had to be 100% sure before i bought anything and i wasn't/

i said to my partner you've always wanted to go to the US... lets do it! so we booked a 2 week trip :) starting in los angeles 4 nights, drive to vegas (in a mustang convertible!) for 3 nights, a week in NYC and then 2 night stopover in LA again before we heading home. We visited Singlestone, H Moradi (on our way to Vegas), OWD and GOG. everyone was delightful, we saw some fantastic stuff and decided on a 3.5 from Adam.

He started off with maybe like 15 stones and we basically went through them pretty quickly as i was just looking at their light performance and yaying and naying and putting aside the brightest ones. it was narrowed down to 3. one was faaaantastic but way out of my budget so we had to put it aside. and between the 2 left the 3.5 just grabbed me more.

So its a 3.5 M VVS2. the culet was difficult to see under loupe and impossible to see with the naked eye so adam had it enlarged for me just the tiniest bit. now you can see it with the naked eye but you do still have to look quite closely. and we wanted it set for to wear it home for peace of mind. we almost had it put in a temp tiffany setting but it's not my style so i asked if he had any old setting lying around. he had a few and then he pulled out a setting that was perfect. exactly what i wanted but a bit battered n bent out of shape. the stone was a perfect fit and he thought his benchperson could fix it completely. its probably not flawless but looks pretty good for an antique. and i love it!

long backstory i know but i love reading them on here myself and anyone who doesn't would have already skipped ahead by now anyway :razz:

This is Adams photo of the stone

The setting in it unaltered state

more photos coming :)

35z.jpg

img_0411.jpg

img_667.jpg

img_0414.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
and the finished product. i had trouble photographing it and anyone whos tried to photograph they're stones will know already it just doesn't capture the brilliance and fire of the stone. i found a nailpolish bottle was the easiest ring holder!

img_668.jpg

img_1591.jpg

img_1592.jpg

img_1594.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
the ring shots. I was wearing a kind of peachy color and the stone picked it up so much i put a blue cushion on my lap to see how that would look. sure enough it went blue :razz:

img_1596.jpg

img_669.jpg

img_1609.jpg

img_670.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
and handshots. i kept taking it on and off while trying to get a good photo so my finger got a bit red and swollen. the ring is a size 4.75 by the way.

in real life the whole stone is consistently lit up from edge to edge, no obstruction and heaps of colored light return. I'm fascinated by the tiny rainbows the inside of my car gets covered by when i'm driving :) i still couldn't get close enough to the stone to get a good photo of the facet pattern which is a shame. i have a macro lens for my dslr somewhere but I've been looking for it for like 6 months now and can't find it anywhere

img_1604.jpg

img_671.jpg

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy your grand diamond tour ended so well! What a lovely and huge stone! I am glad you trusted your gut and went home with that beauty! Congratulations :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! Love the nail polish bottle as a holder, what a great idea! Love how everything came together so well for you. Very happy for you! Enjoy your ring lady :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh itsn't Adam wonderful?!?!! I hope one day to meet him! Your ring is just stunning! I love the flashes and facet pattern! :love: :cheeky:

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
I have been following your journey... and what a lovely ending :) I love the OEC you picked and the setting is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations! Your ring is stunning!!!!

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful and huge! Looks so elegant on your pretty hand, and I LOVE the setting! :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing on your finger :appl: Love the profile shot...it's a beauty! What a memorable trip. Glad it had a happy ending and can't wait to see more when you have time. (you can't post too many here :naughty: )

D

Deactivated member 42515

I have been waiiiiiting for this!!!! Sooooo beautiful!!! And look at those scrumptious colors! Mmm! Mmm!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, spectacular!! It really looks perfect on you! :love:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Scrumptious! And what a great story! I followed your other thread and I know it was an anxiety provoking choice BUT I think it's just superb. Congratulations!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Goes without saying that the diamond is spectacular. But the setting is just exquisite... the perfect companion to such a breathtaking diamond. Congrats! :praise:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Didn't see this before I posted my wish for pics in your other thread. I've had it marked to follow! Congrats on your beautiful ring. Love the stone and the setting! Gorgeous.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hippi, it is perfect! The oec and the setting.Gorgeous!!! :love:
I'm so happy for you!! Wear in health and happiness! :appl:
Please post more pics when you can.... :naughty:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perfect, stunning ring. Congrats on your engagement and successful trip!

And, more pics would be awesome ;))

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Reminds me of Charmys stone a little and Maras. These photos really show the faceting well and show how great it performs!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@hippi - Adam had just gotten your finished ring back when I went in to pick mine up and I got the opportunity to see it in person. It is absolutely stunning!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
It's so stunning!! The whole ring is just perfect on your hand!

Do you mind sharing the dimensions? I'm looking for a coloured stone, but I love the proportions on your hand and my ring size is very close to yours.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: I love the stone and the setting is PERFECT :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results