shape
carat
color
clarity

introducing my new bezel pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honest opinions are very welcome!

I just switched from a martini prong-set setting which was attached to the chain (and slid up the side of my neck - one of the reasons for the switch) to this stock Stuller bezel setting that slides on the chain. The back of the setting is totally open so it makes it easy to clean and it''s not quite as deep as some of the Stuller stock settings. I believe it''s called "back set". There are little prongs that hold the stone in place from behind.

The stone is .75 ct, G, SI1 and not the greatest cut but it''s sparkly and means a lot to me. This was the diamond from my engagement to my first husband and the father of my daughter, so I want to hand this necklace down to her one day. The bezel makes the stone look big to me and I think is a more casual, more wearable style for me. It''s on a 16" white gold chain. I just got it a couple of hours ago and so far, I really like it. I was concerned about the thickness of the metal bezel but I think on this stone it works nicely. Please let me know your thoughts!

kbezonside.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one - a little fire

obviously, these photos are close up (macro) and the setting doesn''t look so bulky and big IRL!

kbezfire.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fantastic! The bezel really adds some oomph, while still being elegant, IMO.
36.gif

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh...beautiful! I was waiting for the finished pictures of your necklace, because I have a diamond that I''m thinking of setting in something similar. I know you probably haven''t worn it very long, but does the pendant flip at all? Do you know how thick the bezel is around the stone? From the looks of your pictures, I''m thinking maybe about 1mm thick?

It''s really beautiful! Enjoy!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
One more question, could I bug you to post one more picture of the back of the pendant? I''m curious to see how the stone is set. Thanks!

I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! It''s very sleek, elegant and the bezel really makes the diamond look quite substantial. What a sweet and special gift this will be for your daughter.
1.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you jill! yes, I''d guess it''s a mm or 2 at most. Like I said, the photos make it look so big. But the stone itself is like 5.75 mm if that helps you judge the bezel width. I haven''t seen it flip even once yet - so far, so good! I''ll download a photo of the back and post it in just a minute...

legra - thank you - I hope my daughter will love it once it''s hers.
emsmile.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Katie, I love the new bezel pendant! It looks amazing on you.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Is your daughter the one posted in your avatar? It''s going to look just as beautiful on her when she grows up :D

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes - that''s my pretty girl! That photo was taken a few years ago. She''s 12 now. Thanks again DiaDiva!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I''ve been waiting for photos of this necklace since you posted about it the other day. It looks great! The bezel does look a little thick on macro, but it couldn''t look more perfect on you. I love how substantial the stone looks with the bezel. Your little girl is so lucky to be getting this one day!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh katie, I think it came out perfect! What a super deal you scooped for such a lovely pendant. I don''t think you could have asked for anything more, and my guess is - that baby will never flip. I''m not sure that it even can!. It''s beautiful and the stone is very pretty too. I''m sure your daughter will be thrilled when you put it around her neck for the first time. Maybe at her wedding?
2.gif
I''m feeling all sentimental just thinking about it...

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks kittybean! I keep looking at it, wondering if it''s too thick but I think I need to just be ok with it! If it was a smaller stone, I think the thickness would bother me more. And it really doesn''t look think in real life. I think I''m just used to seeing all the super thin custom bezels on here! I really didn''t want the super thin one either though! So thank you!

gemgirl - stop, you''re gonna make me teary! I like the wedding idea. But no way am I thinking about my baby getting married!
emcry.gif
hee hee Thanks so much for the nice compliments. I didn''t feel like $225 was a great deal for just the gold and the little bit of labor (she set it while I sat there and watched her) but I guess it could have been more than that huh?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooooh beautiful!!! it looks big!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 5:10:54 PM
Author: katiedid
thank you jill! yes, I''d guess it''s a mm or 2 at most. Like I said, the photos make it look so big. But the stone itself is like 5.75 mm if that helps you judge the bezel width. I haven''t seen it flip even once yet - so far, so good! I''ll download a photo of the back and post it in just a minute...

legra - thank you - I hope my daughter will love it once it''s hers.
emsmile.gif

Thank you so much for adding that photo. It really is beautiful, and I think the bezel to stone proportions are just PERFECTO! I don''t think the bezel looks too thick at all. I''ll bet your daughter it excited about receiving that one day!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful (and looks big too)! I have my diamond from my ex that I plan on passing on to my first son.
His dad is my ex. I figure its only fair.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks skippy - the bezel does add some size for sure!

thanks jill - that makes me feel better!

and thanks tyty - that sounds like a very nice idea. too bad boys don''t appreciate diamonds like girls do (for the most part anyway...). But I bet his future fiance/wife sure will appreciate it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OOOOH, Katie, I LOVE IT! The bezel adds such OOMPH!

And I really like the way the chain slides through the bezel... it eliminates the "micky mouse ears" you can sometimes get when the chain is attached to the sides of the bezel.

VERY BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy!
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous and much bigger than a .75ct

I love the sliding chain. It still gives it that stationary look but it will stay in place. Brilliant.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Lynn - I thought you might like it since your head is in bezel-reset mode!
emteeth.gif
btw, I cannot WAIT to see what Brian does for you. I''m glad you like the pendant - I agree about the mickey mouse ears. That''s one of several reasons I wanted the sliding setting.

And thank you elle! Every time I see a post from you, I drool a little over that gorgeous ering perfection of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results