CravingDiamonds|1479153801|4098350 said:
What a gorgeous diamond WOW!!
:wavey: :love: Thank you :D

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Introducing Isla: HFG antique cushion from Jewels by Gra

Veltiesmom|1479405081|4099834 said:
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

:dance: I think Isla is pretty fantastic too!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

Update:

Diamond will be sent to DM next month and after that only a short 4 week turn-around time :)

SparkleLady

Rough_Rock

stunning! lucky you!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock

Is she set yet!!! I want to see :D :D

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

SparkleLady|1479789758|4101313 said:
stunning! lucky you!
Thank you :D :dance:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

SandyK|1488925988|4137808 said:
Is she set yet!!! I want to see :D :D

Nope, got the culet enlarged (took a while since it was during the holidays) and then I wanted to wait after the holiday shipping fiascos all carriers were experiencing (didn't want my international shipment to be lost). But then he came to pick Isla up in person. I am posting photos on IG.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

arkieb1|1477552236|4091051 said:
I keep looking at it and thinking it's more of an Antique cushion hybrid with an OEC, so a cushion shaped stone with part Antique cushion and part OEC patterning inside it, rather than strictly cushion type patterning, which is probably why you love it - best of both worlds, an antique cushion that performs more like an OEC.

I totally agree with this. I actually had been wanting a "cushion" just like this for so long but never found it so I have an oec as my e-ring and one as my rhr...but oh my goodness your diamond is one of the most gorgeous that I have EVER EVER EVER seen!!!! Now that I know this is possible...I want one too!!! I honestly would have never even considered selling my oec rings to fund an upgrade, but after seeing this diamond, I may be in trouble :) Congrats on such an exquisite needle in the haystack find. Your pics and video are amazing. I think I may watch the video again lol. That diamond is soooooo AMAZING!!!!!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I have no words ... that stone left me speechless.. wear it in good health congratulations on such a beauty!!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

goldenfire|1489652680|4140790 said:
arkieb1|1477552236|4091051 said:
I keep looking at it and thinking it's more of an Antique cushion hybrid with an OEC, so a cushion shaped stone with part Antique cushion and part OEC patterning inside it, rather than strictly cushion type patterning, which is probably why you love it - best of both worlds, an antique cushion that performs more like an OEC.

I totally agree with this. I actually had been wanting a "cushion" just like this for so long but never found it so I have an oec as my e-ring and one as my rhr...but oh my goodness your diamond is one of the most gorgeous that I have EVER EVER EVER seen!!!! Now that I know this is possible...I want one too!!! I honestly would have never even considered selling my oec rings to fund an upgrade, but after seeing this diamond, I may be in trouble :) Congrats on such an exquisite needle in the haystack find. Your pics and video are amazing. I think I may watch the video again lol. That diamond is soooooo AMAZING!!!!!

Goldenfire: Thank you for your many compliments! Finding a cushion like this was very tough, but it was well worth the wait! After Anup found this diamond in conjunction with Grace, I can definitely say if it exists, the can find it ! I am off to find my holy grail elongated antique asscher now :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock

blingmeupscotty|1489668378|4140833 said:
I have no words ... that stone left me speechless.. wear it in good health congratulations on such a beauty!!!

:bigsmile:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is Isla in all her glory!

img_3546.jpg

Stats: 3.02 carats GIA I, Si1 (eye-clean)
9.45 mm X 8.83 mm
No fluor (would've loved medium to strong, but hey, the faceting is spot on).

She is incredibly hard to photograph, hard to capture the way the facets are arranged to my eyes. Tried my best !

It's hard to believe that there's no fluorescence in your stone based on this pic. Gorgeous!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to believe that there's no fluorescence in your stone based on this pic. Gorgeous!

My preference was to have some fluorescence as I love the effect (not to mention help it face up whiter) but alas, it had the perfect faceting and it literally took my breath away when I unwrapped it from the diamond paper over a year ago ! I couldn't gamble passing this one up in hopes to find a similarly faceted one with a higher color (my sweet spot is GIA H) and with medium to strong fluoro !

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond!
Don't crave fluorescence, if it makes a diamond look whiter, it never helps the transparency.
I happen to be very fluo sensitive, and even a faint fluo makes me nuts.
I've sold/returned 3 diamonds with only faint fluo.
Lesson learned.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond!
Don't crave fluorescence, if it makes a diamond look whiter, it never helps the transparency.
Lesson learned.

That is your opinion. I had a D w SBF and it was lovely! I can understand your point of view if you are truly that sensitive, but in reality only a very small percentage of stones that have fluor will have transparency issues. It does help stones look whiter when exposed to UV light, and very rarely affects transparency (milkiness or oiliness is rare, but is more prevalent in stones with a high fluor level). And besides... it's just a darn cool phenomenon!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it is a point of view, it is a fact: fluorescence never helps transparency.
I didn't dare to say fluorescence is always bad (perhaps I think it). 8-)
Fluorescence never makes a diamond more transparent.
Obvious milkiness or oiliness are not that common, but a very very slight haziness is much more common, even if a majority doesn't notice it.
But I didn't mean to hijack this thread, just tell OP that a white diamond without fluorescence is fine.
And that her diamond is gorgeous.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROL - would you mind sharing the table, depth and plot of your beauty? :love: I have embarked on a mission :halo: I can't WAIT to see your final ring, too!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond!
Lesson learned.

Stephan I've heard of other people having this sensitivity to fluoro -- that the crystal isn't that clear. Luckily for me I am not that sensitive. My previous 4 carat antique cushion had faint fluoro and was GIA K... the thing that bothered me the most about that diamond was the yellow-brown body tint that became apparent once I set it.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
That is your opinion. I had a D w SBF and it was lovely! I can understand your point of view if you are truly that sensitive, but in reality only a very small percentage of stones that have fluor will have transparency issues. It does help stones look whiter when exposed to UV light, and very rarely affects transparency (milkiness or oiliness is rare, but is more prevalent in stones with a high fluor level). And besides... it's just a darn cool phenomenon!

I 100% agree that fluoro is just so darn cool! I'd love to see DF's SBF Octavia in person myself !

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
ROL - would you mind sharing the table, depth and plot of your beauty? :love: I have embarked on a mission :halo: I can't WAIT to see your final ring, too!

Are you on a HFG cushion quest as well? I don't mind sharing the stats, but I can tell you I've looked at 20+ cushions with very similar stats (table % and depth%) and they are all wildly different in person. And unfortunately, GIA facet plots of cushions seem to me generic canned plots.

IMG_7620.jpg

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_6775.JPG IMG_6777.JPG

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Are you on a HFG cushion quest as well? I don't mind sharing the stats, but I can tell you I've looked at 20+ cushions with very similar stats (table % and depth%) and they are all wildly different in person. And unfortunately, GIA facet plots of cushions seem to me generic canned plots.

IMG_7620.jpg
Be* stupid autocorrect

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be* stupid autocorrect

Thank you! ;-) Yes, I've been looking on and off and really trying to know what I like. I saw a few this past week and there was one in particular that caught my eye and since it's also GIA graded, I wanted to see how the numbers compared to yours. I know they mean nothing though bc you truly need to see them in person to decide hahaha

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! ;-) Yes, I've been looking on and off and really trying to know what I like. I saw a few this past week and there was one in particular that caught my eye and since it's also GIA graded, I wanted to see how the numbers compared to yours. I know they mean nothing though bc you truly need to see them in person to decide hahaha

Do tell !!!! It's so interesting that these old cuts can have the same table , depth, crown height, ect but look so different in person.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do tell !!!! It's so interesting that these old cuts can have the same table , depth, crown height, ect but look so different in person.

Still preliminary and I'm definitely taking my time...the one I really like was 2.2ish carats and K color. I might put it in a halo or a cluster (also TBD) so I don't want it to turn out a lot larger than my ering Stellla who is a 3.24 MRB. :))

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Still preliminary and I'm definitely taking my time...the one I really like was 2.2ish carats and K color. I might put it in a halo or a cluster (also TBD) so I don't want it to turn out a lot larger than my ering Stellla who is a 3.24 MRB. :))

Well, luckily cushions face up smaller than rounds-- as you know I will always vote for a halo :D

HopeSpringsEternal

Rough_Rock
This is my first post, I've been lurking for some time but just had to create an account to comment on this post. This is the most beautiful diamond I have ever ever seen.

I am upgrading my e-ring and would like an OEC (was thinking about asking Grace to source me one but want to be sure what I want), but I need to know, does this diamond really look like the pictures and video show in real life? Is it just in a few lighting conditions? It absolutely blows my mind. I was actually awake thinking about it last night! ❤

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first post, I've been lurking for some time but just had to create an account to comment on this post. This is the most beautiful diamond I have ever ever seen.

I am upgrading my e-ring and would like an OEC (was thinking about asking Grace to source me one but want to be sure what I want), but I need to know, does this diamond really look like the pictures and video show in real life? Is it just in a few lighting conditions? It absolutely blows my mind. I was actually awake thinking about it last night! ❤

SweetSparkle, that is so touching that you came out of lurkdom for this! To be clear, this is an antique cushion, not an OEC. GIA gave it the old mine brilliant designation. It has oec-like faceting but a soft cushiony outline. It looks better in person, sadly, she does not photograph well and it takes many many shots before I can get a picture that accurately depicts her faceting. I've found that many antique diamonds look like crap in photos (vendors aren't as obsessive about photo-taking as we are) but are absolutely jaw-dropping in person.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes. That cushion is beyond gorgeous! Enjoy. Can't wait to see her set! Sorry to hear about your precious pup. Breaks my heart as a fur baby mama.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results