shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspiration from Mom...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all, I spent the morning with my ma and starting wondering how many of us out there (who were able to influence the choice of their e-ring or wedding band) followed in ther mothers footsteps when receiveing their own priceless pieces. If your ring is a "hand me down" from mom (or Grandma), if your mother was able to help pick out your ring, or if her personality and style is just in your genes, or best of all you have a pic. of moms ring, then here is an opportunity to do a tribute to Moms. So.. since this is SMTR I would like to start by posting my Mom''s ring, sadly enough my mom is re-married and I don''t have pics. of her original but I do absolutely adore her current set. A lot of us grew up seeing them everyday and night and if your like me mom''s ring is almost like another family member./idealbb/editor/cute/images/emrose.gif

Mamring1.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mamaring2.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Mamaring3.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom died when I was a child and my dad gave her diamond to my step mom in a new setting a year later.
7.gif
That would really bother me if I was my step mom, but she is fine with it. She will probaby leave it to my younger sister who is her eldest child (with my dad). My gmoms ring went to my cousin, who is my aunts daughter. ( it would have been mine if my mom had lived), so I have no hand me downs, but I am preparing TONS for my kids! Your moms set is gorgeous!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a great plan AprilBaby!
My mom got engagement snowshoes. I nipped that tradition in the bud.

ETA: Nothing wrong with snowshoes, just that I already had my mom's, but did not have an ER!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my late MIL's e-ring with my original wedding band. My DH is the oldest of 2 boys and this will eventually go to our daughter (She never knew her grandma, she died a month before I became pregnant with her), but in the mean time my hubby told me that it is mine to do what I want with! I do wear it with my band since my e-ring and anniversary ring are both in WG now, and it makes me feel that my set is even more special with our wedding band and a nice memory of his mom
12.gif
. There are also 2 channel set bands that she wore on either side of the e-ring.

milringwwedder.jpg

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 6:49:37 PM
Author: AprilBaby
My mom died when I was a child and my dad gave her diamond to my step mom in a new setting a year later.
7.gif
That would really bother me if I was my step mom, but she is fine with it. She will probaby leave it to my younger sister who is her eldest child (with my dad). My gmoms ring went to my cousin, who is my aunts daughter. ( it would have been mine if my mom had lived), so I have no hand me downs, but I am preparing TONS for my kids! Your moms set is gorgeous!
I''m so sorry, I didn''t want this topic didn''t upset you
7.gif
. That''s so amazing of you to build a collection for your children and possibly grandchildren. I truly wish that your step mom realizes that you should receive your mothers ring.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 8:56:00 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
This is my late MIL''s e-ring with my original wedding band. My DH is the oldest of 2 boys and this will eventually go to our daughter (She never knew her grandma, she died a month before I became pregnant with her), but in the mean time my hubby told me that it is mine to do what I want with! I do wear it with my band since my e-ring and anniversary ring are both in WG now, and it makes me feel that my set is even more special with our wedding band and a nice memory of his mom
12.gif
. There are also 2 channel set bands that she wore on either side of the e-ring.
That''s gorgeous! So classy and classic! Thank you for sharing!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 6:52:34 PM
Author: swimmer
That sounds like a great plan AprilBaby!
My mom got engagement snowshoes. I nipped that tradition in the bud.

ETA: Nothing wrong with snowshoes, just that I already had my mom''s, but did not have an ER!
I would have too! Anniversary snowshoes would be nice!
emteeth.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add that my mom had really wide gold band, 6-8mm, but no e-ring. I am not sure why she did not have an e-ring...maybe that is one of the reasons my parents are now divorced!

aprillawton

Rough_Rock
Here are my moms. My dad picked them out in 1979 all by himself! I got the rings when they divorced. I love them and think the patterns are stunning. I would choose a bigger diamond for it though.

moms ring 002.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely rings ladies! I wish I had a picture of my mom''s e-ring. It is SO beautiful. She actually has my great-grandmother''s (her grandmother''s). I''ll try to get a picture at Thanksgiving. I just made DH promise he would leave ALL my jewelry intact for our daughter if something happens to me and he remarries. So sorry April.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t worry about me RissaLou, my mom has been gone for 45 years so its long past the grieving stage. If my sister gets the ring I am ok with it...I am well blessed in life and she hasn''t been as fortunate. We have a great relationship!
35.gif

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 9:54:08 PM
Author: aprillawton
Here are my moms. My dad picked them out in 1979 all by himself! I got the rings when they divorced. I love them and think the patterns are stunning. I would choose a bigger diamond for it though.
How sweet!
That set is sooo unique! I love it!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 10:16:45 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Lovely rings ladies! I wish I had a picture of my mom''s e-ring. It is SO beautiful. She actually has my great-grandmother''s (her grandmother''s). I''ll try to get a picture at Thanksgiving. I just made DH promise he would leave ALL my jewelry intact for our daughter if something happens to me and he remarries. So sorry April.
I hope you do, I can''t wait. That''s a VEY good promise you made your DH make.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
My parents are divorced and my mom''s ring was stolen (along with her entire jewelry box!) when we were moving. She still wishes she had that ring though. My grandmother has helped her replace some pieces over the years, but it still isn''t the same (obviously). But I totally agree- I always wore yellow gold simply because my mom did. I''m so blessed to have been given an heirloom- I can''t wait to keep the tradition alive.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 10:19:08 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Don''t worry about me RissaLou, my mom has been gone for 45 years so its long past the grieving stage. If my sister gets the ring I am ok with it...I am well blessed in life and she hasn''t been as fortunate. We have a great relationship!
35.gif
I''m so happy that you have a good relationship with her, I am still sorry, but it''s really nice that you have items to pass onto your children.
36.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I never even saw my mother's original ring (long story) but I will inherit my Granny's ring when my mother chooses. It is gorgeous 2 carat solitaire in yellow gold and it just besides being lovely it represents the best relationship I got to witness in my life. They were married at 18 and in love for every second after.

ETA the ring came later. I don't believe they were engaged at all (eloped to Reno).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results