shape
carat
color
clarity

Increíble: My Whiteflash W Prong is here!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I Loveeeeeeeeeee the W setting! That setting is what drew me to WF! Congrats :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Snooper! After these past five weeks or so, I can totally understand why anyone would love WF! One of the things I learned also is to trust their judgment b/c they really know what works and what looks good. :)

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, Isabelle! I think it is fabulous that they were able to recut your stone!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love how everything worked out for you. The finished product looks great, and I think it is so cool that you were able to work you grandmother''s ring into the set.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s beautiful!
36.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely.

shay

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Isabelle, I love the heart prongs! actually I love the whole ring, it looks incredible.
I agree that they did a great job on the prongs - I have requested claw prongs on my upcoming ring, so I'm hoping they turn out as nice as yours.
5.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Isabelle, it''s beautiful and I love the heart prongs!!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
JUST AMAZING!!!! Beautiful e-ring and love it looks with your 2 bands!!! And the heart prongs are the perfect final touch!
36.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
WOW Isabelle,
What a trailblazer you were to go for the re-cut and heart prongs into totally uncharted territory. But boy does it ever look INCREDIBLE!
30.gif
I mean, ALL OF IT and it looks like your stone is ablaze! What a wonderful story and how exciting that WF was able to bring that beauty to life for you.
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Congratulations! And that''s too cool about your grandmother''s wedding band! Just curious-can you tell the two apart?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Congratulations!
36.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I love your ring and the prongs are perfect!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isabelle, it looks wonderful, many congrats!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Isabelle :) the ring and diamond turned out magnificently it looks spectacular :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Congratulations.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Isabelle, it''s gorgeous! It really, really is!! Congratulations! You must be so happy to have it on your finger now!
36.gif

I love the prongs, and I loooove the story about your grandmother''s wband! The two bands look great with your new ring!

Congratulations again!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it Isabelle, that''s totally my style!
36.gif
And I love the prongs too.
5.gif

Congrats on your beauty!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Simply state of the art. Very nice.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I just checked the board and I am truly overwhelmed by all these positive comments. THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU GUYS!! You really made my day.
35.gif

Diamondseeker thank you!! The re-cut diamond is what makes the ring and the simplicity of the setting lets the diamond speak for itself. Brian Gavin deserves all the credit for this. I just feel lucky to have it on my finger. :)

ThanksLtlFirecracker! I think my grandmother would be really happy toknow that I wear her wedding band. It causes me to think of her every day.

Thank you coatimundi and Shay! That''s really nice of you both!

Hi arjunajane!! You have been SO supportive through this entire process and I personally can''t wait to see your gorgeous ring, and claw prongs. Just today, I was looking at my ring, and the person at whiteflash who did these prongs, (who will remain anonymous at his request), made them so precise that they almost look split. They could easily be mistaken for claws. I LOVE them so much. I just can''t even tell you. :)

Thanks Michelle and Chiquitapet! I am so glad you guys like the heart prongs too. They are so beautiful! Thank you for your kind words. :-0

Pixley, thank you so much! You are so sweet to say all that. I felt really good about the decisions to re-cut, to go with the heart prongs, and then to hold back on not doing a pave on the shank. --I felt "good" but at the same time I was really worried. I wanted simple elegance as a counterpoint to my Legacy ring, but I wasn''t sure if my ~1 carat stone could make its own statement without any melee or pave. I just trusted my gut to go with it and see how it turned out figuring that I could always add a pave if I wanted more. But thanks entirely to Brian and the person who made the ring, I got what I hoped for. I am so thankful to WF, and I couldn''t recommend them enough. :)

Hi thing2of2! Thank you for the kind words about my grandmother''s ring. I can tell them apart only be looking inside. The 14K written in her ring appears hand engraved/stamped with a broader spread and less precision. Otherwise, they are pretty much identical.

Hi ImDanny! Thank you so much!! :)

SanDiegoLady, thanks so much. I will take you coming back to say nice things any day of the week! You are really nice to bother, and you know how great it makes me feel to read your kind words. You know what? Tell your husband that my maiden name starts with "W" too, so I thought it was pretty cool too! LOL :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank youtaovandel! I appreciate your comments very much. It''s funny how we PSers really care about the details like prongs. Something most people don''t even notice in their own ring, and yet we know how much of a difference a well done prong can make! :)

Thank youLorelei! When I met John the other day, he talked about how great your posts are on PS. I really agree with him, having read so much of your insight these past few months. Thank you again for your kind words.

Thank youDeeLight and Marcy! You guys are so cool to say that, and I really appreciate it. :)

ThanksEllen!! I remember you saying that you prefer the solitaire look too. These days, I think we might be in the minority, but I love a beautiful solitaire as much as any other style. --Maybe a little bit more. LOL :)

Thank you 777_LDY! You are so kind. Yes, I am THRILLED to have it on my finger and I can''t take my eyes off of it. I love it with the two bands. I am still pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming that I have two gorgeous rings in one year! I feel pretty blessed.

Thank youJulia! I love your description of Brian''s work as "state of the art", b/c I really think it was. John told me that he could not believe the transformation the diamond underwent and only losing 9 points. It really shows how precise these cutters are. I sort of liked the understatement of the setting too b/c it lets the diamond stand on its own. :) Thanks again for your kind words! :)

THANK YOU TO ALL YOU GUYS!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 2 bands and the sentimentality! Very classic beauty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow beautiful ring and gorgeous recut, yay for meeting John!!! What an exciting day! Congrats
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Motownmama! For some reason, it just all worked together. I feel really blessed to have met Brian Gavin.

Thanks Skippy! It was a great day. Seeing my beautiful ring, meeting John, getting a chance to visit with Brian again, and getting to post all about it on PS! Thank you for your kind words. :)

Sarahinwonderland

Rough_Rock
Wow that looks nice. My now fiance gave me a solitaire and I did not like it but now seeing someone elses it looks great!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2008 9:31:25 PM
Author: Sarahinwonderland
Wow that looks nice. My now fiance gave me a solitaire and I did not like it but now seeing someone elses it looks great!

Thanks Sarah! I went back and forth over the solitaire issue myself. I considered a diamond halo and/or melee. It was a tough decision. But in the end, I thought there was something really cool about letting the diamond speak for itself. Some day, I will upgrade my ering diamond to a larger stone. But when I do, I am pretty sure I will set it as a solitaire as well. One thing that is cool and classic about solitaires is that they stand the test of time. RHR''s are great places to experiment with different looks, but you just can''t go wrong with a solitaire. Congratulations on your engagement! And WHERE ARE YOUR PICTURES?? PLEASE POST ASAP. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results