shape
carat
color
clarity

ID Jewelry eternity ring

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I placed my order earlier this week! Now for the nitty gritty questions from Luann.

First up: 3/4 or full eternity? I didn't specify on the order, just went with full, until Luann emailed me this morning. Now I'm wavering for the obvious reasons. Full takes care of the pesky spinning that band rings do on my fingers (big knuckles.) 3/4 allows for size adustments in the future.

My question: If you have this ring in a 3/4 eternity, does the non-stone part spin on top, and does that bother you?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm a big fan of the 3/4 eternity. Here's a photo of the one I recently got from ID Jewelry. I love it. So far, I don't have spinning issues and it's a bit big when I wear it on my left hand, since I really had it made for my RHR....hope this helps!

eternity%20profile.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you yennyfire. Every bit of input helps!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Did I miss the thread on your new ID ring, Yenny? You need to post more pics of that, girl!!!! ;))

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I guess I'm impatient1? In our last email, Luann told me the ring would take 4-6 weeks, so I'm hoping for a late April delivery. But, inside I don't want to wait! So, last night, I dreamed that my ring arrived already. It was pink sapphires and diamonds, but not the band ring I ordered. It was a three stone ring, with pear cut pink sapphires for the side stones. I've been toying with that idea for a 'someday' upgrade of my solitaire, so not a shocking idea, but in my dream, I put my new ring on for a test drive and shattered both side stones! I've never had a nightmare involving jewelry before :-o

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, ten weeks, to the day, my ring arrived! The reason for the delay was difficulty in sourcing the pink sapphires. It's beautiful, BUT, here's the problem: There is no pink in this ring. At first, I thought it was my eyes in the somewhat darker kitchen. But, inside or outside, the ring has no pink in any of the stones. I think they sent me the all diamond version, though the appraisal sent with the ring clearly states .48ct pink sapphires.

I tried to call Luann this afternoon, but for some strange reason, my calls wouldn't go through. So I sent her an email and we'll see what we should do.

I'm a total dunce with posting pictures, but I'm going to try.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It sounds like they sent you the wrong ring??? How frustrating! :roll:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
KaeKae|1306968996|2935729 said:
So, ten weeks, to the day, my ring arrived! The reason for the delay was difficulty in sourcing the pink sapphires. It's beautiful, BUT, here's the problem: There is no pink in this ring. At first, I thought it was my eyes in the somewhat darker kitchen. But, inside or outside, the ring has no pink in any of the stones. I think they sent me the all diamond version, though the appraisal sent with the ring clearly states .48ct pink sapphires.

I tried to call Luann this afternoon, but for some strange reason, my calls wouldn't go through. So I sent her an email and we'll see what we should do.

I'm a total dunce with posting pictures, but I'm going to try.

Wow, I remember reading a thread recently where the girl ordered a diamond/saphire band from IDJ got the all diamond version by accident---she ended up keeping it. I am sorry to hear about this. I hope the mistake can be fixed quickly! How frustrating this must be for you.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, I ordered the all diamond version of this ring and it's set to be delivered tomorrow! I hope they didn't get them mixed up or something, but that seems kind of far-fetched, I guess. Good luck getting it sorted out.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no, merilenda! I hope not. Your ring doesn't happen to be a size 5 1/4, does it? I can tell you that the all diamond is beautiful! Please do let me know about your delivery.

I had no luck earlier trying to upload some pictures. Tomorrow I'll have to read through the directions again, if I can find them on the website.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is a size 6. I'll know what's up if I get a ring with pink sapphires at least! Leann was always very prompt responding to my emails so I'll bet you hear something in the morning. That's a bummer that it isn't what you ordered, but at least I'm sure they'll fix it. I'll let you know what happens with my delivery tomorrow!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to drop in and let you know that I received my ring this morning, and it's all diamonds! Definitely the ring I ordered. I'm really excited about it and wearing it right now, even though I have 3 more months until I can wear it all the time.

Did you hear from IDJ about your ring yet?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
merilenda, so glad to see your ring came as ordered! Isn't it pretty!?! :love: Don't feel bad about the occasional trial run, who could possibly hold back?

Okay, so Luann hadn't answered my email, and it was killing me that I might be wearing a ring I hadn't paid for, so I just tried calling again, and Luann put Yukateil on the phone. Very nice man. He swears I have very light pink sapphires in my ring. He explained that he's having a really, really hard time sourcing some colored stones right now. Thus, the 10 week wait. It also explains why I was occasionally seeing a smidge of pink yesterday, but thought it was my bright pink shirt that was reflecting. Anyway, since I think it's a beautiful ring, I'm going to keep it and I get to wear what looks like an all diamond ring, at a really good sapphire price! :appl:

I still can't figure out how to post a picture, though. :errrr:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to put my 2 cents in here. I just received the blue sapph version of this band for my push present last week. The quality of the ring is fantastic and the stones are beautiful. I ordered a 3/4 eternity expecting to get a solid shank for the last 1/4 of the ring, which I could then engrave with my son's birthday.

That's not what I got.

Instead of altering the ring or customizing it, they simply took the stock full eternity and filled in the settings with etched gold, leaving the galleries open underneath. Clearly it can't be engraved and it's definitely NOT what I wanted when we placed the order (or in my earlier communication with Yukitel.

I've not complained or sent the ring back because it took 10+ weeks for them to make and they messed up on it once (didn't upgrade the stones as we requested in our order) as well-hence the time I had to wait for it. I also had my husband order it so it's very likely that he didn't communicate exactly what I wanted after the initial emails I sent to the company. C'est la vie. I will be taking it to a local jeweler to see what can be done.

My point is, if you want a 3/4 eternity then you need to EXPLICITLY describe what you're looking for. I'd even go so far as to ask for pictures before they send the final product out to you.

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson_Hawk, so sorry to hear that! Actually, I did ask Luann about the 3/4 eternity, early on. She told me that their usual was to just fill in the bezels with gold. So, I decided to go with the full, and just have a stone removed if down the road I need to size the ring. Sorry you didn't get that information, too, so you could request the gold bar your wanted, I love the idea of engraving your son's birthdate. Still, your ring is really pretty. I hope you able to fix it to your satisfaction.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An update on my ring:
As I posted, my ring arrived. Beautiful, but the sapphires were 'very light pink.' I tried to love it. I did love the ring itself, but the sapphires weren't for me. They sometimes looked colorless. They occassionally had a faint tint of pink, but unfortunately, to my eyes, they most often looked gray. I happily wear a K colored diamond solitaire, not seeing any color, so it may be that I'm just not color sensitive enough to the pink, but, as I wore it around the house, I liked the sapphires less and less.

Two weeks after it arrived, I emailed Luann to see if I could make an exchange and she immediately said I could. So, after a couple more emails, I decided to go with blue sapphire. Because I already have a yg blue sapphire band, I almost went with amethyst (my bstone) or blue topaz, but wanted the hardness of the sapphire. This will be different with the wg and it's still an eternity.

Although this project is now over three months long, and I wish IDJ had told me before making the ring about the color issue, I am very happy with their response to my concerns and willingness to help make me happy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really want one of these rings but SO wish I could see the IDJ and BK side by side!!! I am willing to pay for better quality, but if the quality is the same, it would make more sense to go with IDJ!!! This is the one hard thing about internet shopping!

KaeKae, I think you are doing the right thing since the ring was not what you really ordered. Hopefully you will love it with the blue sapphires!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Diamondseeker. The pink ring is enroute to Luann as of Saturday. I'm hoping that since I am in NJ visiting family, it will get to IDJ a little more quickly than if I sent it from home in SoCal. Now that I've had the ring on my finger, I want it back asap and hoping it won't take another 4-6 (or 10) weeks like before.

I hear you about wanting to compare the quality from maker to maker. Maybe if you start a new thread with that in the title, you can get some responses from those who know both?

I'm also starting to wonder if I should talk to Luann about the actually color of blue sapphire, considering the issues with the pink? Actually, I just don't want them to be too dark. Sigh. I'm going to make myself crazy, eventually. Good think DH had a stone for my ering all those years ago. If I had to have chosen it myself, it might have been a disaster!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear that the pink Sapphires weren't what you wanted, or expected. Fingers crossed for you that the blue Sapphires will be lovely.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo. Finally an update.

I have my ring. I decided to go with blue topaz. It doesn't have the significance of the pink sapphire for me (alternative for DD2's birthstone) but I was assured I would be able to receive a soft blue, that was still blue. I didn't want the brighter blue topaz you sometimes see, I like the softer blue because I am just one little day away from a March baby, and have always wished aquamarine was my birthstone. And, after the pink sapphires, I wanted to be sure the blue would be visable.

Fast forward to last week. Yekuteil calls me to confirm my order, even says that the stones look like aquamarine (though I don't think I actually told that idea to Luann.) But, there is one thing: ring came in without the milgraining. Ugh. He sends me some pics to see if I like it without, but I decide to request it be added. Heck, I should be able to have something from my original order, shouldn't I? Those super close up picture had me worried about the color, too, as it looked kind of streaky.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I get the email from FedEx Tuesday that my ring is on the way. I thought it would take longer. It arrived this morning. You know the fun stories of a PSer running down the FedEx guy? Could have been me. My dog went crazy when he pulled up. She just wants to play, but I like the illusion that she's a killer! ;-) So, I met him on the sidewalk.

ANYway, the ring is really lovely. The milgraining is subtle, but there. The blue is soft, but blue in real life. I don't think the pics I took really show it though. Now if some one could point me to directions on how to get my cellphone pics into a post, I would love to share. Otherwise, I will have to find my camera and charge the battery. Thanks to all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results