shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m engaged - my new e-ring! (oec)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aj_oec

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I just got engaged and I wanted to show off my beautiful OEC! My fiance was given his great-grandmother''s e-ring (in the family over 100 years) and had it re-set by Austin & Warburton in Ann Arbor, MI. They designed the setting together and it is absolutely stunning. I missed out on the wax mold process but the boy told me it was very cool :).

I visted this site a lot when my fiance asked me to give him some guidelines for what I wanted in a setting. I wanted it to be a surprise and it was! I couldn''t be happier with it :). Thanks for all the great posts and pictures.

Stats on my OEC:

Weight: 1.08
Cut: OEC
Clarity: VS1
Color: I

Other cool stuff - the original setting had 4 sidestones and 1 was hand-claved in the mid-1800''s!

The new setting has 12 bead-set sidestones (I don''t know the TCW) with fine milgrain edging. The basket design houses two itty bitty diamonds in the center on each side. Sorry about the awful photo quality - I need a new digi cam.

Let me see if I can get the rest of the photos to post. Thanks for looking!

closeup23090706.JPG

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo I love all these OECs (and heirloom stones)!!!

Very pretty - pretty setting too!
Can you take some pics in the daylight for us?
(Use macro mode, the little tulip/flower symbol, and zoom in.)

Congratulations on your engagement!

Scintillating...

aj_oec

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I know it''s so hard to tell from these photos. I''m going to borrow a friends camera and see if I can get some decent shots :).

I never knew photographing a diamond would be so difficult!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee...the mention of an OEC ALWAYS gets my attention!

AJ...from what I can see, your ring looks absolutely lovely!!!!

Now, get hopping, girl! We need more pictures!
3.gif
(Taking pix isn''t really that hard once you get the hang of it, and of course, a digi camera with a macro function...)

Congratulations on your engagement!!
widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OEC''s always get my attention too. How special that you got such a gorgeous heirloom stone. The pics are a little blurry but from what I can see that setting is gorgeous. Congrats on your engagement!!Please post more pics for us when you get a chance!!!
30.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s so sparkly!!! I would love to see more pics...Congrats!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, the stone and setting are both gorgeous! Congratulations on your engagement!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Please bring us some more pictures! From what I can tell this looks gorgeous - the setting is really fantastic.

aj_oec

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I love my oec so much, I wouldn''t want anything else. I love the fire - people comment on how much it sparkles and how clear it is. I''m going to borrow a friend''s camera over the weekend and hopefully post some better pictures ASAP!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the detail I *think* I can see on the side of the basket! I''d love to see some more pics of that beauty!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, another OEC!!!! It looks like it is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! How cool that he helped design the setting! I can''t wait to see some more pics!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very elegant! Congrats--and yes, more pics please!!

cheers--Sharon

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It appears to be very beautiful despite the blurry pics, oec''s have so much personality. Congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a treasure and it looks like they did a terrific job resetting it!!!

bae7

Shiny_Rock
Gee, I''m kinda sorry I found this thread because I got to the end and there are no new pictures!!
8.gif
This ring looks gorgeous - would love to see closer pics (I realize how hard that is, as I''m still trying!!). If anyone reads this, what is oec?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Old European Cut= OEC

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH! Gorgeous ring, stunning stone!
Must. Have. More. Pictures. Soon. PLEASE!!!
2.gif

CT026

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to both of you! Your ring is beautiful and the setting looks exquisite. I also heard Ann Arbor is a very nice town!!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 11:34:43 AM
Author: widget
Hee hee...the mention of an OEC ALWAYS gets my attention!

widget

Here Here Widget

I have to admit, OEC are my favorite diamond cut. I look at all the OEC here in SMTR and Rocky Talky.. I just love them... since I only really lurk here, I always loook at any thread that mentions EOC!!

Very very pretty, can;t wait to see more pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results