shape
carat
color
clarity

I got it! My new RING!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Look what I bought for myself for being such a good girl this year!!

GIA
.90ct
E
VVS2
9.27 x 5.10 x 3.16
Depth - 62%
Table - 59%
Girdle - Med to Thick
Sym/Polish - Good
Culet - None
Fluorescence - Strong Blue

Middle finger ring size 4.25.

It is set in Platinum Engraved Antique-style mount with .65ct of side diamonds in baggs and rounds. I love it!!!

Best of all, I bought it from a private seller and only paid $2100! Yippee!!!!
9.gif

marquise outside.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s simply beautiful.
Wow an Eeeeeeee
It''s so white. Lovely

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 11:51:37 PM
Author: sevens one
It''s simply beautiful.
Wow an Eeeeeeee
It''s so white. Lovely

Thanks Sevens!! It looks bright blue in the sun... i love it! the brighter the sun the more blue the diamond!

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is one heck of a stunning ring. I love it

njc

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool ring... I LOVE IT!!! Not usually a big marquis fan, but in that setting it is just stunning! I really like the little wave that comes out from the sides of the diamond.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty and unique ring!!! Yes, you have been good this year!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, and what a deal you got!!! I love blue fluorescence. It really makes that marquise pop!
18.gif

DiamondLil

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! It certainly does pay to be good!!
2.gif

Merry Christmas--Sharon

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all!!!

You know, I was never a fan of marquises until I tried it on one day. Now I''m hooked. I love how it looks on my hand. Anything rounded - Rounds, Pears, Ovals- make my normally long fingers look squaty, and although i like squares and rectangles, they looked kinda funny too because they don''t taper in like my finger tips so it looks out of sync.

I''m going to be taking pictures of it all weekend, so hopefully i''ll get some better ones... it was slightly overcast when I was outside yesterday.

This is such a lucky find... the platinum setting alone would normally cost well over $1000!! And it''s so high in color and clarity too! I''m so happy!!
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty. Congrats on really great find. I don''t think your fingers could ever look short and squatty
19.gif
. I love the setting on the ring. I''m not a marquise fan, and I think it is the first time I ever see a marquise that I find beautiful.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2004 5
6.gif
7:19 PM
Author: allycat0303
That is so pretty. Congrats on really great find. I don''t think your fingers could ever look short and squatty
19.gif
. I love the setting on the ring. I''m not a marquise fan, and I think it is the first time I ever see a marquise that I find beautiful.
The setting was what sealed the deal. Prior to seeing it in person, I considered resetting it into a simple pear sidestone with pave cathedral shoulders mount. I thought it was beautiful, but those Ronald McDonald arches looked a little weird to me. But when I saw it in person, i fell.... hard. I love how detailed the workmanship is. It''s polished between every nook and cranny, and the accent diamonds are soooo clean. The shank has pave rounds set on all three sides, so no matter which direction my hands are, i see sparkling diamonds! The rounds come down about 1/2 way, and the rest is engraved with a real pretty garland/wave design. I wanted to have it re-sized, but I''m afraid my jeweler will ruin the engraving, so I am just going to keep wearing it on my middle finger. I figure my fingers will only get fatter at this point, so eventually it''ll fit my ring finger! And if I want to wear it on my ring finger I''ll get one of those plastic thingy. It looks HUGE on my ring finger.
5.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
ForteKitty, I LOVE your ring.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I personally really like Marquise stones and I just love this setting--it looks HUGE too! The setting looks like the MQ is set among a swirling ribbon of diamonds--so gorgeous. Congrats!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your compliments!
9.gif
I have never gotten so much attention before with my rounds... people normally just stare, but everyone''s been grabbing my hand today! Even my boss came by 4 times just to tell me it''s the most beautiful marquise she''s ever see, and she''s has a ton of diamonds!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It really is a unique setting -- lovely! Since you got it from a private seller, do you know the story behind it? When I have purchased previously owned pieces, I like to know the details. Not that it would make me not buy a piece, I just find it interesting.
1.gif

DiamondLil

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring FK! I love the whole piece -- the setting is beautiful and the marquis stone suits it perfectly and looks great on your hand. Enoy!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2004 7:54
6.gif
7 AM
Author: diamondlil
It really is a unique setting -- lovely! Since you got it from a private seller, do you know the story behind it? When I have purchased previously owned pieces, I like to know the details. Not that it would make me not buy a piece, I just find it interesting.
1.gif

DiamondLil
It was a broken engagement.
32.gif
But luckily, i''m not superstitious... and i''m not wearing it on my ring finger! She said the engagement just didn''t work out, and after some soul searching and meeting the man of her dreams, she''s now engaged again so she''s selling it to pay for her wedding. So I see it as a ring that represent hope in spite of pain.
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
and my knuckles are particularly swollen today so I''m unable to fit the ring on my middle finger...

marquise on hand in sun 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results