shape
carat
color
clarity

I didn't realize it was THAT dirty!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I usually give my ring a scrub once per week. Today was day seven and I figured I would take before and after pics just for fun. I had NO IDEA how dirty our poor rings get so quickly! If anyone else wants to do a before and after photo shoot feel free to add your pics! This just goes to show you should always give them a good scrub before taking photos! Oh and this is a VS1 stone! Doesn't look like one here!

dirty1.JPG

dirty2.JPG

dirty5.JPG

mommy2nk

Shiny_Rock
AssherHaloLover,
I would love to see a hand shot of your ring/rings on your finger. I found your original thread about your ring but the pictures didn't show. I also have an asscher set in a halo but the setting is going to eventually need to be re-done. I have had to have it repaired a couple times. It is very delicate and it needs to be a bit more subsantial. I love the look of the bezel on our ring, who did your setting? Was it reasonable in price?
Thanks!
P.S. I too love when my ring is all nice and clean..

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mommy2nk said:
AssherHaloLover,
I would love to see a hand shot of your ring/rings on your finger. I found your original thread about your ring but the pictures didn't show. I also have an asscher set in a halo but the setting is going to eventually need to be re-done. I have had to have it repaired a couple times. It is very delicate and it needs to be a bit more subsantial. I love the look of the bezel on our ring, who did your setting? Was it reasonable in price?
Thanks!

Hi mommy2nk! My stone and setting came from Diamonds By Lauren, it was a very good price when we had it made but that was over four years ago and prices have gone up since then! Best to contact David at DBL for a quote if you're interested. I haven't really had any problems with this ring. The only thing I have managed to do is crack the bottom of the band, the damage was no where near any of the stones and DBL fixed it for me very quickly. This was well over a year ago and I haven't had any issues since.

Here's some hand shots, good luck finding a setting you love!

fullhandview1.jpg

P2100063ps.gif

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is gorgeous.

I'm so anal I clean my rings at least twice a day when I wear them...I've also been known to scold friends about not keeping their sparklies clean.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's too funny. You can definitely see the hairspray or perfume on it. Oh the curses of having a larger diamond that that sort of stuff sticks to. :lol:

My hubby thinks I have a ring cleaning addiction, but I can't help it. It's so much fun to see them nice and sparklie.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:
mommy2nk said:
AssherHaloLover,
Thanks!

Hi mommy2nk! My stone and setting came from Diamonds By Lauren, it was a very good price when we had it made but that was over four years ago and prices have gone up since then! Best to contact David at DBL for a quote if you're interested. I haven't really had any problems with this ring. The only thing I have managed to do is crack the bottom of the band, the damage was no where near any of the stones and DBL fixed it for me very quickly. This was welo..ll over a year ago and I haven't had any issues since.

Here's some hand shots, good luck finding a setting you love!

Asscherhalo...I know this is totally OFF topic...but I want to know what you have on your nails...they are soo pretty....looks like a pale french manicure with some sort of line. Love it!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Taylorbug! It's an old pic, I have little nubbins now! I had permanent french nails and the salon I go to has about 25 different colors you can choose for the colored part of the nail. I had them do the pink on top for the nail color and a frosty glittery white for the tip color, then I had them paint on a silver dividing line before they added the UV gel topcoat. Costs about $50 where I am but it lasts me about 6 weeks before I get them done again.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:
Hi Taylorbug! It's an old pic, I have little nubbins now! I had permanent french nails and the salon I go to has about 25 different colors you can choose for the colored part of the nail. I had them do the pink on top for the nail color and a frosty glittery white for the tip color, then I had them paint on a silver dividing line before they added the UV gel topcoat. Costs about $50 where I am but it lasts me about 6 weeks before I get them done again.

Looks pretty. I have natural long nails and ususally wear them french manicured.....but just thought your's look very elegant...especially with that "SPARKLER"... :love: even a bit dirty it looks AWESOME!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Taylorbug! Since your nails are naturally long you could get the same look by getting whatever nail colors you want for a french and then just having them paint the line. Thanks for the ring compliment! It's amazing what a halo can do!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I had to chuckle when I saw the 'before' and 'after' pics. This makes me think I'll take some pics of my rings over here before I clean then. I THOUGHT I knew what a filthy ring was until I wore mine over here in the sandbox. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Haha I like this topic! Your ring is beautiful Asscherhalo Lover!

Well, I'll play along just for entertainment purposes. Except I'm more along the lines of "I didn't realize my platinum was that thrashed!" OK fine: "patinated" :D
Pics taken before and after a jeweler's polishing:

side a 3.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow what a difference! The patina platinum gets is one of the reasons I usually stick with white gold, the scratches made me bonkers on my first ER which was plat!

Your ring looks gorgeous!

A

Anonymous

My ering is tiny by PS standards, but I just love staring at it after I've given it a good scrub. :lol: I'll have to let it get nice and dirty before I take it in to be replated next so I can post some good ones. :tongue:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yay add your pics! It's like a makeover for diamonds, the poor things are all dirty and sad and then they get spruced up and pretty again! I think that tomorrow I will give the whole collection a good scrub and a photo shoot, it's been awhile!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscherhalo lover- do you have any of the specs on your stone? I LOVE it!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Your picture titles cracked me up! I can assure you that I was not thinking, "YUCK!"

Beautiful rings ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results