shape
carat
color
clarity

I can''t wait any longer!!! (Infinity studs, vintage style!)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I've been reluctant to create this thread due to the impending 2.0 transition (and knowing my luck it will happened tomorrow), but I couldn't wait any longer. I guess I'll just have to re-create it later, or hope the delay means this gets transferred over!

I'd been toying with the idea of larger studs. I'm a setting gal over a stone gal, so naturally I continued toying until I fell hard for a pair on Single Stone's site. These earrings were set with OECs, and although I love vintage stones for rings (so I can admire the cunning facets), for earrings I just wanted sparkle. That's when I called Wink Jones of Winfield's, whom I've worked with on my demantoid projects, to manage the entire process. (I'm lazy that way; I have no interest in working with two vendors when I can work with one!)

I asked Wink for Crafted by Infinity stones under 1 ctw, since my earlobes are teeny. He had one and thought he'd have to do with non-Infinities for the other, but Paul Sleger came back with a match. Then Wink reached out to Single Stone to price and craft my earrings. The setting SS had was built for larger stones, so they ended up having to create mine from scratch.

The entire process, due to some unexpected delays that had nothing to do with the manufacturing process, took about two months.

What can I say? They're fiery, sparkly, and very white. Perfect symmetry. Incredible personality. I've studied and admired RBs for years, of course, but I've never loved them until now. I seriously think, after these studs, I may someday break down and get some sort of H&A ring.

Oh yeah, specs:

Stones: 0.43 I-VVS2 and 0.45ct J-VVS2 Crafted by Infinity stones
Setting: Platinum earrings crafted by Single Stone.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Front. Weird dots in the photo are totally not on the stone!

hest88earring12.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
And, mandatory ear shot. (See what I mean about my teeny lobes?)

earshotHest883.jpg

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
oooh! Nice setting
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m going to add this darkish shot because I think it better represents the gorgeousness of the stones:

hest88earring16.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the shape of the setting!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
woah, these are stunning! so much character. i love them!!
30.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow -- those are beautiful diamonds, and the settings are incredible -- beautiful from every angle. Great teamwork, Wink and Paul and Single Stone!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Those are GORGEOUS, hest!!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. The blown-up photos really don''t do justice to the stones. The macro view makes the reflections from the intricate wirework scatter through-out the diamonds, but in real life you can''t see them. You only see an incredibly perfect stone.

spicytuna

Rough_Rock
They are absolutely beautiful! I love the setting...after seeing so many beautiful settings here, I can''t wait to be in a financially sound position where I can begin my own projects! Everyone on PS is such an inspiration to me!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, they look perfect on your earlobe and I am LOVING the setting. Gorgeous!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous settings - love the octagon shape and touch of delicate milgrain! The stones are beautiful and look huge on you. Enjoy them.
1.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
These are so neat. I love the setting! I''m a huge fan of vintage and antique jewelry.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif

LOOK at that profile.. oh my goodness, it''s so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

They look like something out of my great grandmother''s jewellery box
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re beautiful! and look very substantial on your lobes.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I''m soooo happy you posted your gorgeous earrings!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
The arrows on your stones are TDF! They look huge on your ear, lucky duck with small lobes.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful! I love them!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
superb!! absolutely adore the setting!!

I agree on the size you went for - perfect for your lobes

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, heliotrope, what stone is that in your (LOGR?) avatar?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is the most beautiful setting for studs I''ve ever seen!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
Hey there hest! that would be my 1.59 OMC set in a James Meyer green gold and wg bezel
9.gif

he was looking particularly AB whilst I was outside the other day waiting for a cab and I had to take a snap on my phone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results