shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you think this set might be worth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
ART DECO PLATINUM DIAMOND BRIDAL SET RING
Beautiful Art Deco platinum diamond bridal set, circa 1925. Center diamond is an Old European cut diamond weighing approximately 1.30cts, approximately L-M color (shows a HINT of yellow but not unattractive by any means)) and VS-2 clarity. The surrounding diamonds and the diamonds in the band are single-cuts (correct for the period) weighing approximately .68cts, F-G color and Vs-2 to SI-2 clarity. Ring size is 6 1/2, can be sized. Stamped "10% IRID PLAT". This set has a nice weight to it, 8.5 grams. Great for someone who wants a nice size diamond but doesn''t want to spend 8,000.00 to 10,000.00.

8Plku3gFVvTKdveTyr8jnXrIbyBh.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is hard to tell...for what reason are you asking? Also you started a second thread instead of posting the other picture here.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
I''m asking because I think it is selling for a nice price and I''m interested in purchasing it. I don''t really need it, which is why I would only buy it if it was a nice deal.

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
It''s hard to tell, but it is beautiful. Are you thinking of selling?

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
I''m actually thinking of buying it for 3400.00. What do you guys think. I''m going to see it today. I''m bringing my loupe!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow only $3400?? OEC''s are hard to find and it looks like a pretty one. I love the setting. Take your loupe, see what the wear and tear is on the stone and stones and let your eyes be the judge.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 1:50:28 PM
Author: kaleigh
Wow only $3400?? OEC''s are hard to find and it looks like a pretty one. I love the setting. Take your loupe, see what the wear and tear is on the stone and stones and let your eyes be the judge.
kaleigh,
You seem to think it''s a good deal as well. I think this ring is beautiful but I feel guilty buying it when I already have an e-ring and a set. I just don''t want to pass it up if it''s a good deal.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I agree that does seem like quite the deal. Does it fit comfertably? How often would you wear it? How sturdy is the setting (any loose stones rattling)? Will you have it appraised? It is really pretty though so I would follow your gut on this one.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 2:03:30 PM
Author: Matatora
I agree that does seem like quite the deal. Does it fit comfertably? How often would you wear it? How sturdy is the setting (any loose stones rattling)? Will you have it appraised? It is really pretty though so I would follow your gut on this one.
I''m going to see it today so I will let you know. I don''t know how often I would wear as I already have a whole wedding set ready to. Do you all think it would be wierd to wear it as RHR or sperately or together? I kind of think it would be strange to alternate between my set and this one because slthough I think this set is nicer (very different. Don''t you all think it would be wierd?

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous set! You are so lucky to be able to see it.
Several months ago, this seller had another ring for sale and I just couldn''t decide. After exchanging a few emails with her, the ring sold. I was soooo sad. It was a real good deal too.

Don''t hesitate if you really like it!

135ctsi.jpg

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
That is a stunning ring! I''m sure it wasn''t meant to be for you and you will probably find something better.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 2:30:37 PM
Author: Boom
Gorgeous set! You are so lucky to be able to see it.

Several months ago, this seller had another ring for sale and I just couldn''t decide. After exchanging a few emails with her, the ring sold. I was soooo sad. It was a real good deal too.

Don''t hesitate if you really like it!
Boom,
Sorry, my last post was a reply to yours. I forgot to quote. Just out of curiosity when you say "this seller" do you mean the same person that is selling the ring I''m interested in?

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Yes that''s her. Very interesting. I was under the impression that she was just someone selling her personal jewelry. Do you think she is a jeweler?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok now I''m confused, who is the seller??? Where are you going to see this set????

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 3:00:52 PM
Author: kaleigh
Ok now I''m confused, who is the seller??? Where are you going to see this set????
The seller is this woman Nikki who Boom has dealt with before thruough ebay. She apparantly sells stuff on ebay. Strangely enough, I am meeting her at a Starbucks. She''s in Los Angeles. I wonder if she buys stuff at estate sales and turns them around. How can she make any money and charge so little? I assumed this set was from her personal collection and she needed money or something.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who knows, but I would ask her when you meet her.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
On a different note, do you all think I could wear this as a RHR or does it look too engagementy. The other option would be to alternate it with my current e-ring/wedding set. is that nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results