shape
carat
color
clarity

How in the world...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkling rock

Rough_Rock
How in the world is anybody taking pictures on their ring? I have tried and just get this huge explosion of light...I even turned the flash off...but, unless I go into a shaded place, I get little balls of blurry light...and, when I take a picture in a shaded place (without the flash), my ring does not look like my ring...

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/22/2003 5:57:58 PM sparkling rock wrote:

I used a decent digital camera...10x zoom and all...
----------------

If you are getting a "huge explosion of light" without the flash, are you then pointing a lamp directly at the diamond then? If you are, that's what you'll get. You need to diffuse the light source.

Also, having a 10x zoom (optical or digital) is not use in a macro photography world. Sure you can zoom in really really close but the camera cannot focus. Rather, use the macro setting (if available) and try moving away from the diamond till you get a focus. Keep in mind this might actually be quite a big distance away.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results