shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Vote from my final ring choices!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MPdesign

Rough_Rock
This is for future wife!
All will be 1 carat platinum!
Please vote!

Thank you for your help,

Sincerely,

Jody Massey

All will be 1 carat & platinum! NOT GOLD! Please VOTE 1-6 !!!!
(PLEASE NOTE_ THIS IS AN OLD POST AND I HAVE NEW CHOICES ON NEW POST! PLEASE VOTE ON NEW POST! THANK YOU JODY
wavey.gif

finalists.jpg

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #3. My first choice would be #4 but I believe it only holds up to .50ct stone.

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Here's my two cents (as someone who is looking to get a tension ring)...

I saw in another posting that your intended will not be seeing the ring prior to purchase - but I think that is a mistake if you are purchasing a tension ring.

I was in love with the bypass rings (2&5) until I tried them on. I didn't like the way the profile looked - it was cool looking from the top and the sides, but the bypass portion of the ring made it look bulky from the front and back - and also made it very wide (a 1 carat diamond is approx 6.5mm, add on another 1-3 mm for each bypass, so your ring is probably at least 8.5mm wide... and if you choose #5 it looks like it would probably be 6.5mm for the diamond and probably 3-4mm per bypass, suddenly you are looking at 12mm for the ring)

I also liked one similar to #4 until I tried it on. My tastes, combined with my fingers, made this ring look a little funny. It didn't look as majestic as I wanted. Also - GAI has size specs for each ring, and I don't think that #4 will accomodate a 1-carat diamond unless they custom make it - which will add to the width, etc, and make it less delicate looking (check out MickeyRoof.com for recommended diamond sizes for each ring)

Of the options you have chosen I like #6 best, although I don't like the gold braiding.

I really do think you should buy the diamond, put it in a temporary setting, and have her try on the tension rings. If I had gone with the one I loved off of a website I would have been pretty unhappy once it arrived.

Just my two cents!
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I really like #4, but gotta nix it for a 1 carat. I think #1 is the best choice. I really like #2, but if she ends up wanting a wedding band it's not going to work.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I like 3 and 4.
I also like the by-pass rings but not for an engagement ring, maybe for a right hand ring. I'm sure she'll love whatever you choose! Let us know what the final choice is.

wavey.gif
wavey.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
This is fun. I like #6 best, but I am partial to 2-tone jewelry in general.

Diamondlil
1.gif

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Number 4!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I really, really, REALLY think you should listen to Adrienne. Tension settings are cool, but they're huge and bulky. They don't look good on everybody. They can't be resized, so you're just plain out of luck if you guess wrong about your girlfriend's ring size--which you're likely to do, since wide bands fit differently than normal-width ones.

You could buy the diamond and present it in a simple setting, then take her to see the tension settings you have in mind, as Adrienne suggests. Or you could present her with a tension ring set with a CZ and see if she likes it--and if she does, have the diamond set that way. But if you surprise her with a diamond tension ring, you're asking for trouble.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/20/2003 11:41:58 PM glitterata wrote:

"I really, really, REALLY think you should listen to Adrienne."

The rings are absolutely beautiful, but I agree with glitterata and Adrienne. Let her choose which setting looks best on her. Present the ring in one of the presentation settings :).

Keep us apprised, no matter what you do!

read.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I like 3 & 4, but I really agree with putting the stone in a temp setting and letting her try them on before committing. There are lots of settings that I love in pictures, but that look awful on my fingers, and I would hate to have one of those for my engagement ring!
8.gif

MPdesign

Rough_Rock
Well,
After all of the above & going to look at the rings in person
I have decided:
#4 with the engraving is not as pretty as solid (& stone is too small) - NO
#3 I am having the store get a sample of this ring for me to see. - Maybe
#6 I am having the store get a sample - but it may be too wide - Maybe
#2 & #5 are too wide & they would snag on everything - NO
#1 I have decided that the tesion rings really should have a small rize at the rock to show the stone (also the store cannot get a sample) - so NO

I have added the following rings to the fray:
PLease make a new Vote on other discussion line

luckycharm

Rough_Rock
their nice but you might want to check out www.platinummfg.com. i fell in love with their designs--absolutely gorgeous!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results