shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a new setting for my diamond ...

Which setting for ering?

• Baguettes with shared prong w-band

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Baguettes with channel-set w-band

• Current solitaire setting, new shared-prong band

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
love the three stone with the shared prong band.

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
I like your current setting of the the options below best. The three stone is nice too, but with the others just dont seem as nice, maybe too trendy.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also like the idea of the shared prong eternity to go w/your current set. Okay, this goes against PS philosophy that "bigger is better," but I think the three stone looks too big on your hand. The side stones distract from the center stone.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I like what you have now with a shared prong band. You can always change the look around with different bands or even maybe get a custom insert with two side stones.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks so much everyone for your replies! It is so hard to decide, but I have time because I won''t be getting my new choice until at least next year anyway, but I''m still having such a hard time deciding!

I have also always loved the solitaire look, but the setting I have right now is too small for the stone, so even if I keep the solitaire, I either have to have Verragio replace the head on my current setting, or I may just have the stone reset into a 6-prong Tiffany solitaire. I''ve always liked the 6-prong look for rounds. My stone is set crookedly into it''s current setting, and even though I''ve tried to have the prongs tightened, it still wobbles in the prongs and spins - I know that I''m going to at least need to replace the head on that setting if I try to keep it.

I also do love my asscher wedding band, but it''s not eternity, and whenever the band spins, I wish the diamonds went all the way around. I guess an option would be to add extra diamonds into the original wedding band so it becomes at eternity. I do also really love the look of a round shared-prong eternity - so sparkly! If I do that, I can even stack all the rings, or just wear different combos of the three.

I have always loved the full-finger coverage of a three-stone look, but since adding sidestones and getting a new setting may be pretty expensive, maybe I can do that for an anniversary some years down the line.

I also really love the RB flanked by baguettes - I think that that look pairs really well with my current band, but still adds a little something to the ering. Sometimes I love the simplicity of a solitaire, but sometimes I want a bit more flash, and you still get finger coverage with the baguettes.

Also, once I saw diamondnut''s mushroom-set micropave & matching wedding band by Leon, I loved the idea of doing a 2 mm micropave ering and wedding band, where the diamond would still be the central focus.

Gosh, wouldn''t it be nice to just get one of each!

I am thinking that if the economy gets a little better next year, I may get my new setting as either an anniversary gift or maybe a push present (we''re trying for a second baby). I guess I still have plenty of time to decide, so I should probably go to some jewelry stores with DH and try on real stones - it just doesn''t look as good when you''re trying on CZs.

The problem is when you''re on PS, you see everyone''s beautiful settings, and it''s so hard to pick just one! :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same setting with shared prong band honestly.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think they are all pretty, but yours is my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shared-prong or mushroom-set micropave look, so it''s my first choice. Second choice would be your current solitaire with the shared prong wb.

Good luck deciding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results