shape
carat
color
clarity

He asked & I said YES! My 3.52 OEC ER with Halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock

Hello all!

He asked July 30th and I said YES! I posted a couple other times while I was designing my engagement ring and I figured it was about time to post a couple of pictures of the final product. It took a bit of work to get my final design, but in the end my designer far exceeded my expectations and I love, love, love my ring. I went back and forth on if I should post pictures since I don''t really want it copied..... but in end my desire to share it with those who appreciate diamonds and design won :) Ok the details...

The center stone was an heirloom from his great grandfather. It started out in a pendant as a 3.57 OEC. Once we got it out of the setting, had it polished up to remove years of year and tear and strengthened the girdle is came out to be a 3.52 OEC H in color. Whoever polished the stone up did an amazing job because I didn''t even recognize the stone when it came back. My finger is 5.25 and the band width is 3mm and the total carat weight of the ring is 4.89. I had two 3mm 3 sided pave eternity bands with milgrain made as my wedding bands. They were designed to sit flush against the ER. Since my setting is on the higher side you can still see the bezel set diamonds when all three rings are worn together. It is AMAZING!

Hope you all like! Alison
1.gif

AMRing4.JPG

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
One last thing.... as I am sure many of you can say these pictures really don''t do the ring justice. Since it is such an old cut the only way to really appreciate it is in person! It sparkles different in so many lights... never boring. I started calling it my lil disco ball... hahaha

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohhh myyy word!
23.gif

that side view is STUNNING.

yowza! thank you sooo much for sharing your beautiful ring with us. OECs are quickly becoming my favorite. and yours is gorgeous!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is breathtaking. Wow, and what a sweet sentiment, a stone with so much history. And I absolutely loved the profile of your setting, amazing detail. This is going to be one heck of an heirloom piece, you''ve done an incredible job. Gorgeous end product. Congratulations on getting the ring of your dreams!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I CAN''T BREATHE! Your ring took my breath right out of my chest! It''s beautiful, and I love that you brought new life to a family heirloom. Completely gorgeous. I would love to see MOOOOOORE of that incredible stone and setting!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Very, very nice
36.gif

You don''t really have to worry about someone copying your ring. I saw a setting almost identical to that in Los Angeles last year (in Newport Beach). It''s pretty hard to invent something that no one has ever done before
2.gif
It looks great with your OEC.

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock
purrfectpear: Hahahaha.... that is where I am from so it could have been from my designer :) However she limits her designs and how many times she will do it. In the end I decided that (like what you said) I am sure it has been done before and oh well. I just wanted to share...

Oh and it is a VS2 in case I forgot to post that

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Such a pretty ring! Congrats! I espicially love the side view of it, and how it doesn''t have a basket (I think that''s what they call it LOL). Mine is the same way and I just love love love that look! Enjoy it!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I love those old antique cuts. Oh well, maybe next time . . .

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner. Awesome ring! The side view (as everyone else said) is amazing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning - I especially love the profile!

Congratulations!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I love your setting!

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this stunning work of art! What an intricate design and beautiful and monsterous stone that you have in there. I love that it is an heirloom.
emotion-19.gif
It''s like a party on your hand.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Breathtaking!! I love love your ring
30.gif
30.gif

I could look at this post all day....Feel free to post as many pictures as you want
9.gif

Congrats on your engagement!!
36.gif

amcgookin

Shiny_Rock

Thank you so much for the compliments everyone! I will try to take more pictures this weekend. Honestly my terrible picture taking is making the ring look a lot bulkier on my hand than it is in real life. For being a big ring it actually looks pretty delicate in person.

I get to see my future mother in law at the beginning of September and I am anxious to show it to her. It was from her side of the family where the stone came from and I hope she likes what I did with it. She doesn''t wear any jewelry (*gasp*) which is one of the reasons why it was so easily given to her son/my fiancé to use. Would you believe that this stone and a bunch of other large stones had just been sitting in a safe for the past 20+ years!!!!! Crazy to me... but I am beyond blessed that I got to use it. This ring is WAYYYYYY beyond my wildest imaginations. I was hoping for a pretty 1 carat... now I have something amazing to enjoy and then pass on to future generations!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results