shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Great-grandma's aqua reset by SN Queens Jewelry

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My great grandma didn't own much. She wasn't much of a jewelry wearer. Just a plain gold wedding band. Then my great grandpa thought it would be nice if she had a birthstone ring. He bought it for her and in the jewelry box it went - until I was old enough to play with it. She would wrap it up with tape so it would fit my finger and then I would think I was a princess.

Flash forward 30+ years and I have a ring with tons of memories that isn't - well - my tastes. So I decided to start the process of resetting it. I finally found the perfect setting at SN Queens Jewelry (http://www.snqueens.com/) in downtown Los Angeles. They have amazing vintage pieces that they replicate (think Single Stone without Single Stone prices). It took 4 weeks, but here she is. First I'll show you what she was originally set like.

Oh, stats, it's 7.8 mm, the setting is 18k white gold brushed so that it appears to have patina. I wear a size 5.75

IMG_7996.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_5294.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
O :love: M :love: G :love: !!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Grandma would be so pleased to see how her ring has grown up! Its gorgeous Athenaworth!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh So Beautiful !!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Did the blue match your Great- Grandmother's eyes?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ooo~Shiney!|1329523967|3128460 said:
Oh So Beautiful !!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Did the blue match your Great- Grandmother's eyes?

They did actually! It also matches my Buddy Boy's eyes.

IMG_4642.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness that reset is fantastic...I never would have known that was the same stone! Love it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, what a difference (in a positive way!)....it is gorgeous and what a great keepsake to treasure!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Athena, it's fabulous! Amazing how much more color the new setting brings out in the stone. It's elegantissima!! Bet G-Grandma is doing jumpy claps.

--- Laurie

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and Buddy is So So PURRR-TY !!!!!
His eyes are a perfect match !!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It turned out amazing!! What a lovely, sentimental piece to own. :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! I just love it!!! :love: That setting is gorgeous! How would you rate the quality??? Would you say it is Beverley K level or what?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful Athena! That setting really makes the lovely stone shine! Your grandma would love it I am sure.

Smith1940

Shiny_Rock
THAT is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

How lovely that you are making use of, and wearing, your grandmother's stone!

I love heritage/vintage-style settings like yours. They are just so, so elegant and ooze taste...I find that many rings have too many elements and it just doesn't look tasteful. My friend's ring has a central princess, then a round either side, then a pear or a baguette either side, or something - it just looks like a mish-mash of styles. Yours is simple and elegant but also has design to it. How absolutely lovely! Make sure you wear it! I have found that it's easy not to wear your coloured stones and to stick with everyday diamonds. I am making an effort to wear my ruby/tanaznite etc pieces!

AND, it matches your cat's eyes so well that I think he should wear it around his furry neck!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And how special to have something of your great grandma's.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks incredible, what a beautiful colour! And Buddy is so handsome!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. It is such a great color aqua too.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I love the faceting on that stone! What a gorgeous ring. It came out just great. You have that other setting I love too. This one is also very beautiful and very unique.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Wow athena! The makeover is fantastic!!! The setting is delicate and makes that stone POP! :cheeky:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Athena,
That is one of the most beautiful rings. I love the design. What a lovely and appropriate way to set your great-grandmother's stone and to honor her memory.

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring -I adore marquise shaped side stones :love: It looks very floral and feminine and that blue is beautiful!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reset is just beautiful Athena!! I can't believe how much more the stone "pops" in this setting - it looks perfect! And Buddy is gorgeous! :love:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
TL|1329541045|3128604 said:
Athena,
That is one of the most beautiful rings. I love the design. What a lovely and appropriate way to set your great-grandmother's stone and to honor her memory.

This! To have such sweet memories of your great-grandmother taping her ring so you can play with it as a child, and to be able to wear it now in a setting you love makes it even more precious. Enjoy it!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, what a transformation!! That has got to be one of my favorite settings on here, its absolutely stunning :love: :love: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TL|1329541045|3128604 said:
Athena,
Thank you so much TL. That means a lot.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, the ring is really beautiful and, of course, special! Enjoy it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous athenaworth! And what a special memory it holds! :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results