shape
carat
color
clarity

graduated side stones - big to small - pics/opinions?

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock
Since joining this forum, I am constantly thinking about updating my setting and/or my stone, my latest idea is a tapered band where the stones start larger and become smaller where they join the basket, anyone have pics of something like this? most of my searches have turned up the reverse small leading up to bigger near the centre stone.

any opinions on this setting would also be appreciatively received!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
This isn't mine, but I found a picture. Not sure this is exactly what you are looking for, but maybe will help.
:appl:

Varoujan-Jewellers-Hand-Crafted-4-Claw-Oval-Aquamarine-Wedding-Engagement-Ring-S-166.jpg

bvernier

Rough_Rock
Here is mine. The top one is .08, then 2 .06 diamonds, then 2 .04 ...i think :) Or maybe they are slightly bigger..I would have to look at the paper work :)

0910101108.jpg

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
They're totally different looks, going from big-to-small or small-to-big (like the BGD or WF Legato)! I personally like the small-to-big best because it still looks delicate, and lets the center stone POP. It's probably not as good for finger-coverage bling, tho.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
antelope1 said:
They're totally different looks, going from big-to-small or small-to-big (like the BGD or WF Legato)! I personally like the small-to-big best because it still looks delicate, and lets the center stone POP. It's probably not as good for finger-coverage bling, tho.

I would think small to big is better for finger coverage?

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe a semantic difference here -- big-to-small would be the biggest sidestones closest to the center stone (like bvernier's). Small-to-big would be the smallest sidestones closest to the center stone (like the WF Legato). I'm thinking more pop with the WF Legato, and more finger coverage with bvernier's style. SC, is this what you were thinking?

In any case, there are plenty of diamonds to go around...could go either way, so just a matter of what OP wants.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, schematic difference. But from OPs description, I think I have the correct interpretation? :razz:

littlelanhua said:
Since joining this forum, I am constantly thinking about updating my setting and/or my stone, my latest idea is a tapered band where the stones start larger and become smaller where they join the basket, anyone have pics of something like this? most of my searches have turned up the reverse small leading up to bigger near the centre stone.

any opinions on this setting would also be appreciatively received!

littlelanhua

Rough_Rock
i love that wf legato! and i agree it does make the stone pop, and i'm looking for pop over finger coverage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results