shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Got me a fiancé! My OEC in an 18k Rose Gold Bezel by ERD

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it happened! :appl:

Just over a week ago, during a rainy and blustery weekend getaway to the majestic Canadian Rockies, the most amazing man asked me to marry him!

As he put it, our relationship was truly fostered in the mountains. It's where we spent our first weekends away as a freshly in-love couple. It's where, as each winter graced us, we spent weekends snowboarding and eating breakfast burritos at our favourite cafe. And although I know he didn't want it to seem expected or cliché, our 4th anniversary weekend in the Rockies really was the most fitting setting to get engaged - it just couldn't be denied!

On the day we arrived, we took a long, bumpy ride up a gravel road on the side of the mountain and found this really amazing lake. Scenery was pretty spectacular. Unfortunately, the gale-force winds prevented it from being romantic in any way. Little did I know, he had the ring in his pocket and was trying to find the right time to ask me to marry him. Anyway, as we were fumbling with the camera to get our 'signature' scenic shot together, our hands were freezing off. I also started to get a really bad ear ache from the wind too, which of course put me in a pretty awesome mood. He was being very persistent though, to walk down a ways to get out of the wind. I humored him. We were practically getting blown over by the wind. It was crazy. So I'm sure he just eventually had enough of my whining (whoops) and we headed back to the car.

The next day we headed to town to do some shopping. It was an even crappier day - wind was blowing and it was cold and rainy. Not exactly what I pictured for our romantic anniversary weekend! We stuck it out for a few hours but ultimately decided to head back to the hotel. I can't exactly describe my mood as we drove back to the hotel, but I was just disappointed. I was hoping he'd have planned something romantic by this time in the trip, and I just felt let down (ugh, women and their high expectations of romance!!). I sulked around the room for a while once we arrived - and we sorta ended up talking a bit about our relationship. After a pretty heavy (but always good) talk, he came to sit next to me in front of the fireplace. He whipped out the ring (and at this point I was like :o :o :o ), which was wrapped in a small ziploc bag and 2 eyeglass cleaning cloths (he had it wrapped this way so it was concealed easily in his jacket without me knowing it was there!). Then he said some pretty nice things. I don't remember much of it. He did mention that he loves how we can really talk without barriers and be completely open with each other and our feelings, and that knew that was something pretty special about us that not many people have. At this point, I’m bawling. When I saw the ring, I said “That’s the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen!”. I’m not sure if he slipped it on my finger or what, but we hugged and maybe we kissed, I honestly don’t remember. I was in total shock. I was actually shaking with adrenaline for maybe a couple of hours afterwards. We skyped with both sets of folks and then went out for the MOST AMAZING DINNER EVER.

It didn’t start really sinking in until we came home and started sharing the news with the people we are close with. Now I’m realizing that we’re going to get married - and that’s pretty freaking exciting! He even told me he was excited - which is pretty cool. He’s an amazing guy (ummm, huge understatement actually!!) and I feel so, so lucky. We are truly the best of friends. Can’t wait to make beautiful babies with him too! Woo!

The diamond was previously appraised as a 1.3 ct L-M OEC. It's set in a 18k rose gold bezel by ERD! The craftsmanship is pretty spectacular. The petals are delicate and the bezel is just right. I'm glad it isn't thinner, because it gives me more finger coverage. :bigsmile: The shade of gold is just perfect. It's soft and warm. It isn't pink by any stretch of the imagination, which I really, really love. I thought the gold would really enhance the warmth of the diamond, but all I see is white when I look at it. I think the contrast helps. I haven't seen other lower coloured diamonds before, but I must say, this one seems pretty white in most lighting conditions! I held it next to a co-workers "E" ideal cut RB, and I didn't see much difference top down. Regardless, it's just my favourite thing I've ever owned. Maybe it has something to do with the meaning behind it. :wink2:

If you made it this far, bravo! Now enjoy the pics! (more to come, too)

524c5384.jpg

524c5399.jpg

524c5404.jpg

524c5409.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG I'm so happy for you!!! I've been waiting for this post ;)) Congrats Linny, it's goooorgeous!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now having read the intro and seeing the new pics... I'm just sitting here with a smile on my face. It is beyond beautiful, and looks so lovely on your finger! And how sweet that he pulled out the ring after you guys had a good talk. And how you were in shock. AAWWWWW ::)

Congrats on your engagement!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful ring I love the magnificent undergallery as well!!!!

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love your story! Congratulations!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pics and really pretty ring - love the feminine and vintage vibe!! =) Congratulations~~

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely lovely! I love that shade of rose gold. Congrats!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh you made me wait way too long for these pictures, girl! :appl: It's absolutely beautiful. Congratulations again, and please join in on the Brides World Wide side!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold, beautiful petals and a stunning center stone make an incredibly beautiful ring. Congrats!!!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring looks beautiful! :appl: The last pic looks like you have a magic ring there! :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!

Beautiful ring. Great finger coverage and I love the basket.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring really shows off the facets of your diamond beautifully! Love it and congratulations! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Lin!!!!! Your ring is beautiful-I love the basket, the rose gold and ofc the amazing diamond! :love: I also love the proposal...very romantic and in a (distant) way reminiscent of my dh's proposal. May your future be filled with love, happiness, health and ofc lots of bling! :appl: :bigsmile:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Linny! I'd been wondering when this beauty would turn up! It came out beautifully! Think of the stacking set you can build with this!!!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!! That ring is perfection, I love the bezel....it is just perfect...I think we could use a few more pics my dear!!!

Is that Lake Louise in the back ground ?????? Or is it Lake Agnes ? ??? Up by the tea room???

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
OMG! That is totally awesome. I adore that setting and your diamond is seriously gorgeous. What a great and romantic guy you have - just like your ring. Congratulations.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah, and to think you started way back when looking for a blue sapphire! Congratulations - great story and a beautiful ring. You two are pretty cute as well (though it even looks cold in the pic)!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I love the title of this thread - like you happened to find a fiance at the side of the road or something! :lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness!!! What a beautiful backdrop for an engagment and your ring is stunning! I really love the bezel. :love:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay! Hooray for you two! :appl: Gorgeous ring. I love those flower petals on the gallery.
Thank you for sharing your engagement with us. I really needed a good love story today. :))

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Love the diamond. Love the setting. Beautiful on your hand. Congrats!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and setting - fantastic ring!!! But the story --- I loved it!!! What a great weekend!!! And the Rockies - not too shabby of a proposal location, I must say!! ;))

Sounds like the perfect guy - I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results