shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Fruity freshness: 4.68 ct rubellite ring by ERD/BE

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ever tried a piece of fruit on top of a wheat engraved ring? C'est delicieux!!!

Today I picked up my new ring, made by ERD/BE with rubellite tourmaline by Gemfix.
I was a bit nervous as I had not seen the stone in real life before I picked it up today.
I must say I am amazed by the colour. It looks like a red fruit/cherry/berry/ punch.

I worked with Chris at ERD/BE and he was such a pleasure to work with also during
some uhm... setbacks we encountered. I am amazed by the quality and craftmanship
that the ERD/BE team delivered. I love the overall delicateness of the ring, the elegant
bezel and the lovely engraving. Thank you Chris and team for creating such a beautiful
ring for me!!!

I owe this ring by the lovely rings of backwardsandinheels by Single Stone and redroze
by ERD. Great inspiration!!!
And thank you lovely PS-ers who helped and supported me in the CAD phase. A CAD
process was totally new to me. I especially want to thank Arkieb for her honest advice
and help with selecting the ring.

And Gypsy: thank you for your advice on the design of the 'filigree' in the basket! It
worked out differently then expected though as I did not envision this part to be
milgrained and more delicate. I did not like the look on the photo's I received, but
in real life it looks like a piece of lace and it is growing on me.

Here are some pics made by ERD/BE. I also made some handshots today but I need
to upload the photo's first and the battery of by iPhone (ie canera) are low. I will
post some pics tomorrow.

I have been wearing the ring for a few hours now and it feels so comfortable and
totally me.

_23073.jpg

_23074.jpg

_23075.jpg

_23076.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo's of the stone by Gemfix. I was amazed to find out
today that the stone resembles the vendor pics by Gemfix.
The stone is difficult to photograph and when I saw the pics
of the finished ring by ERD/BE I thought that the stone
would look dull in real life... but it doesn't!!!

_23077.jpg

_23078.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more pics made by the Diamond House team in Antwerp that again took care of the customs hassle on my behalf:

_23085.jpg

_23086.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's gorgeous! Impatiently waiting for hand shots!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Hi Acinom! The ring is gorgeous. Funny I was just speaking to Mark last week and he had mentioned that I would be seeing a rubellite ring on the forums soon. :) I was wondering, when you started the design process, how long from when they received your stone did you receive your first CAD? What was the timeline like?

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
That is just gorgeous Acinom! I love it! I love that is both simple and fancy at the same time.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazeballs!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Taps foot, we are waiting for handshots!!!!! :lol:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beautiful intricate ring - cannot wait to see LOTS of hand shots.... :naughty:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! Love all the milgrain and engraving. :love:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh I love everything about that ring. Absolutely beautiful and, man, that stone is amazing.

How did you decide to take a chance on the stone, not seeing it in person beforehand?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old world beauty. That setting is beautiful. I can definitely see backwardsandinheels' Single Stone inspiration. Can't wait for hand shots. Gorgeous. Enjoy!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Thank you all for your warm and kind words. A more detailed response will follow later.
First some handshots:

_23063.jpg

_23088.jpg

_23089.jpg

_23090.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These photo's were taken yesterday afternoon, just after I picked up the ring.
Must have been a bit of a crazy look for people looking at me :twisted:

_23095.jpg

_23096.jpg

_23097.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Early evening in the train. The colour looks different here.
Sorry for the avalanche of pics :lol:

_23098.jpg

_23099.jpg

_23100.jpg

_23102.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing on you!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I love the colour, it is what I expected when we saw it all those eons ago :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you michele!!! Your frenchie ring is so gorgeous. Do you still love it?
:wavey:
These ring homecomings on PS are so much fun. Thank you for your kind words tyty33, dk, rena7 and motownmama

What kind of ring are you planning to make with BE luckykellyk? I cannot wait to see what you will choose. BE received the ring mid June and I received the first CAD by the end of July. My impression is that the team works fast but it was Very Very busy and right in the middle of the holiday season. Also, my ring had to be completely redone due to eh... a calamity. More about that later :twisted:

I indeed love the aspects you mention of the ring, as well as the mesmerizing colour glammosher. Thank you for your kind words.

Thank you for enabling me hotpozzum.

Thank you thecat. BE's engraving is amazing. I louped it yesterday and it's perfect!

Oww... I would not advice it at all to have a stone set unseen maccers. I was looking at uhm.. not so good stones and them Arkieb discovered this one. It's quite a nervewrecking process though. Until now I have been lucky with this one, my paraiba and the zircon.
I just had 2 stones sent back: the jeweller photo's were horrific, but Arkieb actually warned me upfront.
It's best to review a stone with your own eyes.

You are always so kind. Thank you LLJSmom :wavey:

Big big hug for discovering this stone for me arkieb!!! It indeed is such a while ago :lol: I am grateful for your friendship and advice.

_23109.jpg

_23110.jpg

_23111.jpg

_23112.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
That stone deserved something special and I love the engraved setting you've chosen for it. I really love the top view though, where the plain bezel and glorious colour really packs a (fruit) punch on your hand, Acinom. It's great to read of the collaborative effort made by Pricescopers to bring these beautiful creations to life.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow wow wow. I was like "beautiful setting, nice stone" when I saw the BE pics, then I saw yours and I realized SHOOT that's actually a stunning stone in a beautiful setting. Lol.

Love the collection you're accumulating. You should probably indulge us and do a group shot :naughty:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Stunning ring! What a beautiful color seen coming from that stone. It looks so amazing on you. :)

I agree with Niel...we need a group shot!

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
I'm finally having my montana sapphire set! I just received word that I will have CAD images early next week so I will of course post them :)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING! :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woah--stunning setting equally stunning stone, I love it--well done!! :appl: :appl: That setting & stone are perfection! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results