shape
carat
color
clarity

French Cut Diamond Eternity part 2

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
I had a really tough week. We have a big move coming and are planning some big changes. Stress. Need bling.

Rewinding a bit, I was in communication with the lovely and talented Caysie at CvB. I find her to be an excellent communicator, knowledgeable, and a genuine person. Unfortunately, the diamonds we were considering for my FC project fell short of her expectations. Caysie searched, I searched too. Caysie found some FCs with brilliant cut pavilion which to us appeared much like princess cuts. The same cutter for these stones would be able to cut the antique style. I found some juicy FC stones with high crowns :lickout: but not enough to make a full eternity, we would have to supplement the lot with equally endowed parts :bigsmile: and it would be too costly an endeavor for me, for the moment. I thought about incorporating single cuts to mix it up but a full FC band is what I'm craving. This project is on hold for the time being.

Fast forward to this week, I needed instant gratification. It was that kind of week.
I saw this band at Lang Antiques.com. The right color range for my solitaire, close to the cut I wanted with 'x' shown through centers of stone vs 'checkerboard' like my previous FC band...just under 3mm width...impeccable antique styling...and in my size!

The only neutral thought are the lower crowns on these FCs, where as I was hoping for juicy-spill-over-the-rim bits.
There is always room for a sister band is what I will say!

French cut diamonds
1.5ct
H-J VS1
Plat 950
Channel set
size 5.75

photo_676.jpg

photo_677.jpg

photo_678.jpg

photo_679.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh heavens that is a beauty. I love the whimsical swirls and the cuts of the diamonds. What a wonderful find! :wacko:

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, moneymeister! The swirls are so delicate without magnification, along with the millegraining, the band gives my set a antique vibe that I adore!

One more:

photo_687.jpg

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
Both of your rings are absolutely gorgeous!!! Is the FC band old or did Lang's make it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to try very hard not to envy you!!! ;)) That is my ring size, too!!! It looks gorgeous! :love: Thanks for giving me a picture of what a fc band in the width I want would look like with my AVR (except mine is smaller)! :lol: I may very well end up with something similar!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great set--they look lovely together!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow! what a combination!!! Yummy..

DS- this is THE BAND to go with your current AVR setting.....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1401589671|3684139 said:
Wow! what a combination!!! Yummy..

DS- this is THE BAND to go with your current AVR setting.....

I think it looks terrific with the AVR, too!

I actually will see mom2boys NEXT WEEKEND and can try on her beautiful Victor Canera fc band! That will really help me decide!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elysian, :appl: :appl: :appl:

So very lovely... Wow, so that's how a Lang's FC band looks with an AVR. :love: :love: :love: ***sigh*** a girl can dream. Ok, I'm officially :mrgreen:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have some french cut stones but alas, not enough to make an eternity band. I need 5 or 6 more, about 2.9 x 2.9mm. It's so completely frustrating not being able to find a well-made band in my size. I'm glad you found this band for yourself. Congratulations - it is stunning! :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
artdecolover71|1401619964|3684275 said:
one of the most beautiful fc eternity bands I have ever seen!

I have to agree with this, just stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FABULOUS find!! What luck that Lang had the perfect ring for you!! ENJOY!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:

This is such a beautiful band- gorgeous with your classic engagement ring! I love the antique style engraving on the side. I just love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both of your rings are gorgeous.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That band compliments your ring in the most beautiful way! Great find!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! What a stunning combination Elysian. It looks as if the band was made for your solitaire. I'am you choose to combine your ring with french cuts again. I love love love the faceting of the frenchies, especially with the milgrain and engraving.

There is only one neutral factor: we need much more pics!!!! :wavey:

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhhh, your ring is absolutely exquisite, Elysian! And pairs perfectly with your solitaire. What an amazing find! :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I actually gasped out loud when I saw it with your solitaire - that really is The Perfect Set. Wow - nicely done, and may it bring you a lot of joy! I'm sorry it was That Kind of Week (hate those), but if this is the result ... it may have been worth it! I hope you post a lot of pics: this is one we can never see enough of. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results